NCAA Tournament Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billybud
    Tally is hot...It doesn't have anything to do with who won...it has to do with comfort.

And, on a day when it was a miserable 102 (felt like 104), 4200 fans watched the game in the stands when they could have been sitting at home and watching it on ESPN in air conditioning.

Now...you tend to call names and whine and rant and generally act like a guy with a serious inferiority problem. It is just baseball talk...not a hate fest.

LOL...and FSU fans, 40,000 more of them than WSU fans, went to the games this year. If you took an average WSU game, added one third more fans, that would be the average FSU game attendance. And that is a fact.

I know that you hate BCS teams, hate FSU, hate, hate , hate....

But it is what it is...FSU fans support their team well. Well enough to be ranked top 10 in that category.

Now...let me have a baseball discourse with DrWu and others who discuss baseball.
    Ah, now your true hypocritical self is coming out. Now who's the 60-something year old getting in the middle of an internet tif on a message board 1500 miles from his school?

There were 9000, count em 9000 fans at our super regional against Irvine in 2007 on a hot June weekend that had heat indices around 100. Face it, your fans don't support its school when it counts. But then again, I don't blame nobody wanting to show up at a softball field watching yet another Seminole choke job before their very eyes.

Is that Tallasissy heat fogging up your brain? OF COURSE YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A HIGHER REGULAR SEASON ATTENDANCE THANKS TO 70 DEGREE DAYS IN FEBRUARY, MARCH, AND APRIL WHILE WE'RE TRYING TO AVOID SNOW OUTS. Not to mention the fact that you play in the almighty ACC and get those totally awesome weekend games while we're stuck playing Valley trash. EVER THOUGHT OF THAT? Not to mention the fact that you guys don't leave your park to play anybody and sock it in with about 50 home games every year.

Your obsession with Wichita State is noted with each and every subsequent post.

Your Seminull chokejobs flubbed it up yet again. That puts a smile on my face in the end.

Please continue to obsess with Wichita State, as you continue to lay out the excuses and stare up at us with our BIG trophy. Actually, the more you continue to post and show your obsession with Wichita State, the more gloated I feel inside. So please, continue.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Thanks...I like WSU. I'll be keeping up. As I said before, the WSU quest is much like FSU's.

I only respond slightly negatively when you do your usual stuff.

Good luck next year....

And..you know something...it is a hot topic in Nole land...whether us fans would rather FSU be consistently good enough to make the CWS but not good enough to win the CWS...or to not win many super regional but have an occasional flash of brilliance and win a CWS.

A lot of mixed opinion.....but everybody has been down on Martin for not recruiting the pitchers that are needed. Pitching has been a weakness at FSU since Ronald Reagan was elected.

Comment

• And there you have it....

FSU just announced this morning that Shoupe, 21 seasons with FSU, is being released as pitching coach.

The ACC has become the "ALL Curve Coference" and it is time to get some guys who recruit pitchers who can also throw in the 90's.

I am sure that Martin hated canning Shoupe, but he saw the villagers passing out torches and looking up at the castle.

Comment

• So FSU, with all of its recent success, fires their pitching coach of TWENTY ONE years...yet the suggestion that we fire Jim Thomas still draws ire from some.

Fascinating.

Comment

• So Creighton really averaged over 1,000 fans more per game than WSU and finished #8 nationally?

Comment

• Didn't they pretty much sell it out for the debut against Nebraska?

One big game like that'll make up for couple dozen stinkers.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_
                So Creighton really averaged over 1,000 fans more per game than WSU and finished #8 nationally?
                The Nebraska games helped out bigtime, what also helped out was the novelty of a new amazing ballpark. Just wait till it's been there a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town
                  Originally posted by shockfan89_
                  So Creighton really averaged over 1,000 fans more per game than WSU and finished #8 nationally?
                  The Nebraska games helped out bigtime, what also helped out was the novelty of a new amazing ballpark. Just wait till it's been there a few years.
                  I remember when MSU had an awesome new ballpark. They were going to rule the Valley...WSU was old news. My my how things change after a few years. CU will be the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose
                    Originally posted by Ta town
                    Originally posted by shockfan89_
                    I remember when MSU had an awesome new ballpark. They were going to rule the Valley...WSU was old news. My my how things change after a few years. CU will be the same.
                    Right, what I meant by "just wait till it's been there a few years" is that the novelty of the new ballpark will be gone and they will be back to 900 people on a really good day.

Comment

• Texas makes and exit today with a 3-0 loss to a North Carolina complete game 4-hitter by a freshman.

Suck it TEXAS!

All bandwagon, wait a year or two till the new wears off.

Before the new park opened they averaged 344 fans at the palatial CU sports complex.

The two games against Nebraska drew almost 40K and they averaged 9,269 in the new park.

Just wait, it will drop off big time.
                      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

• Ah, a new it wouldn't take long for that FSU gnat to leave after his Chokeanoles got eliminated. Nice and refreshing.

Very nice to see Texas eat it.

I also agree that sCUm's numbers are EXTREMELY skewed. This is a carbon copy of what happened in Springfield, only with more fans. The dropoff will be a lot sharper.

They'll barely be drawing 500/game in a few years.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As I predicted, Florida will go deep in the CWS and may win the thing (drat!). They have had Vandy's number this year.

Their next game will be the interesting one. They are beatable, though...FSU took them down in three of four games this year.

More ACC pitchers have been placement and curve pitchers while the SEC teams can throw more heat. Makes for interesting match ups.

Now, with the new bats, I expect more of a move towards using more of the fast ball.

Comment

• RDR will be sad, Aggies lose to California and are gone.
                            Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

• Can the Evil Empire be stopped?

Five straight football BCS Championships and now in the CWS finals for possibly two straight CWS championships.

I guess they will turn their sights on basketball next.

Someone stop them...

Comment

• Very close to securing yet another CWS champion that isn't from the ACC.
                                It just doesn't get any better coming from the most overrated conference in baseball.

Love it! :clap:
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X