No announcement yet.

NCAA Tournament Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure they love all the money and love not leaving Florida. It has paved the way for National Championships and success in Omaha over the years.

The ACC dominates Omaha. Just ask em how many national titles they have among themselves..
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

i don't want to argue with you. I stipulate that you are right..the Valley is a better baseball conference.

Comment

I don't see what difference it makes if teams leave their state, as long as there are quality opponents in-state for them to play. And there are certainly plenty of quality opponents in Texas and Florida. Arkansas and Wichita State are just unlucky to be in an area not as rich in quality baseball programs. Florida State certainly has a tougher time busing in-state to play Florida or Miami than Arkansas does busing out of state to play Oral Roberts and Missouri State.

Anyway, my picks to get to Omaha:

ASU, UNC, UVA, SC, FLA, OSU, DBU, A&M

Comment

Originally posted by billybud
          i don't want to argue with you. I stipulate that you are right..the Valley is a better baseball conference.
          Thank you. Now exit stage left.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Actually, I'm sure his posts contained answers to some questions, just not my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Boy it must be tough playing all those road games. That is impressive.

Did that Stetson game count as a road game?

When was the last time FSU played a scheduled road non conference game?

Outside of Florida?
              Oh...I did answer your questions...you just didn't like the answers..

...I answered that FSU did travel to Deland to play Stetson (#20 RPI).

...I answered that FSU travelled to Athens, Ga to play three games with Georgia (RPI #!6)

Now...FSU played in OOC...RPI"s #3, #16, #20, #23

Added to a #1, 2, 7, 10, and 14 in conference.

What's the problem? Looks pretty decent to me.

Comment

...Oh...

And Yeah..No the ACC has not won the CWS although they have been runner ups. (what's with that question?...If it's that WSU is better than the ACC..I have stipulated that you are right).

Miami, while not in the ACC, won four CWS championships.

But the ACC gets there. I don't think that FSU does this year, though. Weak pitching.

I do not understand the burr in your britches other than possible anger about the difficulty that WSU has making the dance. And, yeah, you almost have to win the conference to get a shot.

Dallas Baptist will have a good shot to get there, IMHO, with their pairing with Cal.

Comment

What I don't understand is your f**king obsession with a WSU message board that has no relevance at all whatsoever to the NOles.

You're an annoying little gnat that just won't move on to the next dog to suck on.

The ACC SUCKS. Florida State SUCKS. And more importantly, WSU is relevant enough for YOU to STILL BE HERE, THREE YEARS later.

Thanks for looking UP to WSU athletics.

... I hope Texas A&M wipes the floor with you and your softball stadium.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yeah...that'd be me. Always looking up to WSU athletics.

The A&M pairing can be a revenge game for the Aggies...in basketball this year, it was FSU that knocked them out.

Now it's the Aggies turn.

Comment

• I am kind of interested in WSU and your quest for a return to national relevance.

FSU's football has been on the same quest....and I guess that piqued my interest when you guys came to Tallahassee.

I am very interested to see how DBU changes the Valley...I like baseball.

(and, by the way, Wake Forest did win the CWS)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                        What I don't understand is your f**king obsession with a WSU message board that has no relevance at all whatsoever to the NOles.

You're an annoying little gnat that just won't move on to the next dog to suck on.

The ACC SUCKS. Florida State SUCKS. And more importantly, WSU is relevant enough for YOU to STILL BE HERE, THREE YEARS later.

C'mon Fever. Don't fault the guy for wanting to get a midwest perspective. I'm sure compared to a lot of program's fan bases, baseball is not discussed as passionately like we do. I don't have a problem with him sharing his perspective on the east coast either. Shocker baseball fans are knowledgeable and passionate so what's the harm with William coming over here?

Charlie visits a lot as well. Yes I know, but we still welcome all visitors.

Comment

• my predictions:

UVa in 3
                          UF in 2
                          Carolina in 3
                          South Carolina in 3
                          Texas A&M in 3
                          Vandy in 2
                          Arizona State in 3
                          California in 3

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                            Originally posted by ShockerFever

C'mon Fever. Don't fault the guy for wanting to get a midwest perspective. I'm sure compared to a lot of program's fan bases, baseball is not discussed as passionately like we do. I don't have a problem with him sharing his perspective on the east coast either. Shocker baseball fans are knowledgeable and passionate so what's the harm with William coming over here?

Charlie visits a lot as well. Yes I know, but we still welcome all visitors.
                            I have no problems with opposing fans who come here and conduct themselves as guests (see rules) and respects the boundaries. You may not remember the past very well, but I do and I remember the snobbery, condescending and overall douchebaggery of the aforementioned poster and his constant ACC garbage he flung over here... even in the years after the WSU super regional appearance.

There are about 3 or 4 opposing fans of the hundreds that come through here that I can't stand and have no respect for. He is one of them.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I for one don't mind the perspective that fans of other teams bring, I actually appreciate it.

Were all a little biased in some ways, so chill. Just like everyone thinks their own children are cuter than everyone else children.

Comment

• Florida looks to be on cruise.

They have very good pitching this year. I have seen few teams that can throw so many guys who toss the ball in the 90's.

What to say about Vandy? They are very good, next to Florida in SEC. They will go to the CWS and it wouldn't surprise me to see Vandy and Florida duke it out.

Arizona St. and Texas is a series that I am watching. The Longhorns may have some trouble here...I had picked A.S. but Texas can win this.

Comment

Working...
                                X