NCAA Tournament Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox
    Weather/temperature is a BS excuse. Both teams are playing with the same deck. It all boiled down to pitching (as usual) and A&M pitched better. I just wish the Shox could even sniff a regional appearance so I'm not sure why any of us would throw stones at a program that consistently has a chance to make it to the CWS.
    I can throw stones all I want to at a troll who talked crap about our program in the past and is just here to throw in his ACC-almighty stance whenever he gets the chance.

Why don't you question why a Seminull fan is here? Why is it always the Shocker fans that are wrong in your eyes? As Doc mentioned, do you always have to cater to the big boy fans? Have a little bit of dignity for your school, if at the very least, when posting in a Shocker forum.

For all the times the Seminulls have been to Omaha, you'd think they would have caught dumb luck and actually won the whole damn thing. Well, WSU has scoreboard over them in that department. So maybe the big, bad, I can't take the heat, Seminull fan should be the one retracting and backing way from this site.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by billybud
      But still, the heat was really insufferable (as Shox fans noted when it was cooler in the Tallahassee super).
      It's been 100 degrees at least 10 times this year in June so far. Please stop trying to parade the weather excuse around. It gets old.

In actuality, your fanbase just doesn't quite support the school as well as others do, including notable Valley schools.

I hope the pine feels good.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
        billy, why don't they play night games? Or am I just missing it when they do?

ZZZZINGGGGG.

There is a definite reason why. Let's see how the resident Seminull plays around it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WuDrWu...They play to ESPN's schedule...

Night games would be great. Football fans have been griping about the early September noon games and finally the conference talked to ESPN about that scheduling..and this year, unlike the last two years, FSU doesn't play the noon game.

TV calls the scheduling shots with the conference. And money talks. ESPN used the excuse that Doak Campbell's lights would not support HD cameras. That is, until FSU engineers went and recorded light levels at other parks that ESPN was broadcasting at night and found them to be the same or less.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Originally posted by billybud
            But still, the heat was really insufferable (as Shox fans noted when it was cooler in the Tallahassee super).
            It's been 100 degrees at least 10 times this year in June so far. Please stop trying to parade the weather excuse around. It gets old.

In actuality, your fanbase just doesn't quite support the school as well as others do, including notable Valley schools.

Really not true except in your head...Facts say different.

Tami Cutler (Wichita State Athletic Media Relations) compiled the 2011 baseball attendance figures for all Division I programs.

FSU averaged more fans than ANY Valley school in the regular season...and had 40,000 more total fans attend than WSU.

She has FSU ranked #7 in the country, WSU ranked #16 (which isn't shabby).

Comprehensive coverage of SEC football, basketball, baseball and more, including live games, scores, schedules, standings and news

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Two reasons I can think of

1. This is a state that can't even operate a voting machine properly

2. It is past their fans bedtime

Comment

• Friday and Saturday games at FSU are at night as are a good selection of midweek games....Sunday games are in the early afternoon to allow the visiting team time to hit the road.

When ESPN rolls out TV schedules...it is often the Eastern time zone that is on first and than games in Central and further west.

Virginia was slated at 1:00, FSU at 4:00 on Sunday.

On Saturday...Florida was scheduled at 10:00 am, FSU at 1:00, and Arizona State-Texas @ 4:00 and DBU-Cal @ 7:00

Comment

• And heck...it ain't "night" until 9:00 pm...the official sunset is at 8:40 EDT...

Six o'clock in the evening..it is still feeling like 102 degrees according to the weather guys...I feel the heat in the stands now more than when I was younger.

Todays hour by hour forecast for Tally

The Weather Channel and weather.com provide a national and local weather forecast for cities, as well as weather radar, report and hurricane coverage

Just FYI, when it is a moderately hot summer day in Wichita (today)..it feels 13 degree cooler than Tally feels today.

Todays Wichita hour by hour...

The Weather Channel and weather.com provide a national and local weather forecast for cities, as well as weather radar, report and hurricane coverage

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Originally posted by billybud

Really not true except in your head...Facts say different.

Tami Cutler (Wichita State Athletic Media Relations) compiled the 2011 baseball attendance figures for all Division I programs.

FSU averaged more fans than ANY Valley school in the regular season...and had 40,000 more total fans attend than WSU.

She has FSU ranked #7 in the country, WSU ranked #16 (which isn't shabby).

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Por...attendance.pdf
                    I'm talking about the super regionals, you simp. There were empty stands all over the place. As it routinely does, it looks pathetic on tv.

Of course your skewed regular season attendance figures are gonna be higher. While you're basking in 70 degree temps in February and March, we're hoping to avoid snow outs.

What about those pesky weather facts? Sidetracking again are we?

God, you're so damn annoying.

Move on to your own message board. You're wearing out your pathetic need for attention.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                      Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      Two reasons I can think of

1. This is a state that can't even operate a voting machine properly

2. It is past their fans bedtime
                      3. Softball lights not adequate enough for ESPN cameras.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

And heck...it ain't "night" until 9:00 pm...the official sunset is at 8:40 EDT...

Six o'clock in the evening..it is still feeling like 102 degrees according to the weather guys...I feel the heat in the stands now more than when I was younger.

Todays hour by hour forecast for Tally

Just FYI, when it is a moderately hot summer day in Wichita (today)..it feels 13 degree cooler than Tally feels today.

Todays Wichita hour by hour...

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...yhour/USKS0620
                        lol, I love how this simp cherrypicks the "stats" to try and beef up his pathetic, losing argument. He picks a day after a cool front blows through to make his case.

Seriously, get the hell outta here.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Tally is hot...It doesn't have anything to do with who won...it has to do with comfort.

And, on a day when it was a miserable 102 (felt like 104), 4200 fans watched the game in the stands when they could have been sitting at home and watching it on ESPN in air conditioning.

Now...you tend to call names and whine and rant and generally act like a guy with a serious inferiority problem. It is just baseball talk...not a hate fest.

LOL...and FSU fans, 40,000 more of them than WSU fans, went to the games this year. If you took an average WSU game, added one third more fans, that would be the average FSU game attendance. And that is a fact.

I know that you hate BCS teams, hate FSU, hate, hate , hate....

But it is what it is...FSU fans support their team well. Well enough to be ranked top 10 in that category.

Now...let me have a baseball discourse with DrWu and others who discuss baseball.

Comment

Tally is hot...It doesn't have anything to do with who won...it has to do with comfort.

And, on a day when it was a miserable 102 (felt like 104), 4200 fans watched the game in the stands when they could have been sitting at home and watching it on ESPN in air conditioning.
                            I hate to break it to you but our temperatures have been running 97, feeling like 102 so far. Wichita heat indexes in the summer get up to 104 to 112 during the summer for us and makes Tally-ass feel like a paradise.

Comment

• I didn't know....you guys been going to baseball games in the last two weeks?

Comment

I didn't know....you guys been going to baseball games in the last two weeks?
                                Baseball games, softball games...

Comment

Working...
                                X