No announcement yet.

NCAA Tournament Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SEC is a very good baseball and football conference....I am proud to say that FSU did take three of four from Florida...

It may well be an all SEC final.

No teams left from west of Georgia.

Comment

• Predictably, the ACC is wiped out of championship contention again.

Still a big, fat

Excellent.

Buh bye.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Yeah...an all SEC final. And they deserved it after South Carolina beat Va. in the extra innings. Florida will take it from South Carolina, I think.

I sometimes laugh at your complex. I guess If you don't have anybody to root for in post season, at least rooting against some team/s gives you something to do in June.

Yes...The ACC didn't win the CWS, but they were there. And they beat good teams to be there.

Heck, if a team from the Valley had won more than one game in a regional, or for that matter, if any team on the Shocker's schedule had won at least one game in a super regional, you'd have something to watch in June. And something to talk about.

Comment

• Billybud, please keep posting.

Obviously Shock Fever doesn't represent WSU fans.

They way you basically ignore him is a great example of how to handle internet douches.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
            Billybud, please keep posting.

They way you basically ignore him is a great example of how to handle internet douches.
            Hey douchebag,

I bet you were too dumb to realize in your moment of bashing me that this billytwat was actually once again knocking WSU down on its ass on our message board. You probably don't even remember in your incapicitated little mind what this turd did during our super regional series with them in his grand entrance on our board.

The only reason he comes here is probably because he gets little attention on his own board and then uses this place as his ACC pimp playground.

And then instead of at least adding anything baseball-related, you have to come in here and add your left-winged BS in here. No wonder why you have so many problems with posters here. God can only hope you aren't that grumpy and cringy in reality.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• And by the way, he isn't ignoring me. I'm the reason he keeps coming back here. He gets pissed and very subtly responds back. He can't take the fact that the truth hurts from a little ol WSU message board that the ACC is the biggest overrated joke out there, that his team is full of choke artists, and that his team and conference still doesn't have something that we have. His envy and obsession with WSU/us is what keeps the summer going by for me.

It's a great day to have an ACC fan look up to a Valley fan!
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by billybud
                Yeah...an all SEC .
                Billy where u ever on the Old usenet - rec.sports.college.baseball (or something like it ) in the day? If so what was your handle?

Comment

• SB...I was FSUGEO, I think.

Went by Noleboy for a very short while.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    And by the way, he isn't ignoring me. I'm the reason he keeps coming back here. He gets pissed and very subtly responds back. He can't take the fact that the truth hurts from a little ol WSU message board that the ACC is the biggest overrated joke out there, that his team is full of choke artists, and that his team and conference still doesn't have something that we have. His envy and obsession with WSU/us is what keeps the summer going by for me.

Fever, I understand what you are saying but I can't buy into the FSU choked slant nor can I poke fun at that program because I'd love for our program to be at their level right now. They might not have won the CWS, but they are consistent in making regional and super regionals. I'd love for our program to be that consistent. Right now, we are treacherously close to the downslope of college baseball irrelevance. Our only saving grace is our reputation.

Comment

• Over half of the home runs hit in the CWS so far have been by one team...Vandy.

Seven Homers in 11 games...four by the Commodores.

Florida, new bats or not, has pitchers that throw the fast ball in the 90's. If you do crank on a 90 mph pitch, it will get out if the wind isn't blowing in.

Many teams countered the gorilla ball type clubs of the last seven years by going to less reliance on heat and more junk balls, placement pitches, etc.

I expect to see more fast balls and more challenging of the batter with fewer balls going out of the park.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                        Originally posted by ShockerFever
                        And by the way, he isn't ignoring me. I'm the reason he keeps coming back here. He gets pissed and very subtly responds back. He can't take the fact that the truth hurts from a little ol WSU message board that the ACC is the biggest overrated joke out there, that his team is full of choke artists, and that his team and conference still doesn't have something that we have. His envy and obsession with WSU/us is what keeps the summer going by for me.

Fever, I understand what you are saying but I can't buy into the FSU choked slant nor can I poke fun at that program because I'd love for our program to be at their level right now. They might not have won the CWS, but they are consistent in making regional and super regionals. I'd love for our program to be that consistent. Right now, we are treacherously close to the downslope of college baseball irrelevance. Our only saving grace is our reputation.
                        KC, I'm a realist like you. I have unfortunately come to the reality of where our program has sunk and gone belly upwards. I know our status has changed significantly over the last decade.

However, I will NEVER tolerate outside fans, particularly snobbish ones who have bad prior histories, knocking down our program on OUR message board. That will not be acceptable. We, the actual fans of Wichita State, are the ones allowed to look into our sports and necessarily ***** and poke at the shortcomings of them. billyboy is a GUEST here, as is stated in the board rules. He is to act accordingly. Slamming our school when it's down, no matter how subtle he does it, is not gonna fly well with me, especially with the BS he brought here a couple years ago. You may not remember it. ABC obviously does not remember it. But I DO remember it and he has never acknowledged his rudeness and classlessness in the past. He just brushed it off like nothing happened.

As an example or two, here are a few subtle lobs he has fired recently at WSU, our conference, and our general geographic area. Some like ABCDB don't even realize it, but they are there and they have intent:

Originally posted by billybud
                        No teams left from west of Georgia.
                        Heck, if a team from the Valley had won more than one game in a regional, or for that matter, if any team on the Shocker's schedule had won at least one game in a super regional, you'd have something to watch in June. And something to talk about.
                        I didn't know....you guys been going to baseball games in the last two weeks?
                        These are just a few. I only went back 2 pages. The backhandedness is uncanny and the subtly of the demeaning remarks is carefully planned. Take the first post, for example. Ya, no sh*t. There's no teams west of Georgia. Really? I didn't know Florida and South Carolina were east of Georgia. In reality, it was another pimp-up for "eastern" baseball and another knock out to WSU/the Valley/the midwest/the north/the west.

Again, I remember. Until the tool falls off the face of the earth or steps up to plate, take his lumps for being out of line on our message board, it will stay that way.

So, please understand the fact that I can gain satisfaction at his school and conference's chokejobs and misfortunes. And KC, his conference is indeed overrated and his school is known as a choke school in baseball. That explanation I'll save for another day, if need be.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• LOL..it is only a message board.

Words are words. "Take my lumps"? Sure. It isn't like taking AW fire in a kill zone. It's just some words. If a few guys find it entertaining to spew and call me names, it is really nothing to me.

Statements that there "were no teams left west of the Georgia" had NOTHING to do with the Shockers. Only a crazed fellow with "small man syndrome" could possibly twist out such a meaning. It meant what it meant...that the last three standing were two SEC east teams and an ACC team.

And, yep...the other quote of me was intended exactly as received. I just noted that a poster was obsessing about the ACC and FSU in particular (when they weren't even in the conversation) and I opined that when you have nothing to root for, rooting against something may be what you have left. Seemed to fit the circumstances.

I only stated facts. "Heck, if a team from the Valley had won more than one game in a regional, or for that matter, if any team on the Shocker's schedule had won at least one game in a super regional, you'd have something to watch in June. And something to talk about". A decent observation as a return of service to someone obsesing about the ACC/FSU.

"I didn't know....you guys been going to baseball games in the last two weeks?"
                          Ahhh...but put it in context...LOL. I mentioned that the Super in Tally was played in miserable afternoon 102 degree heat. Immediately someone jumps on the FSU fans and sdtates that they don't support their team and someone states that it was as hot in Wichita. And Wichita does heat up in June. I merely pointed out that we were talking about fans being miserable watching a game on a miserable mid June afternoon...and that whether it also was hot in Wichita at the same time was not particularly relevant to the conversation.

Comment

• See how easy it is to keep him on the hook? This is what I'm talking about when I said I'm the reason for him being here.

And the backpedaling begins.. and this from a guy who claimed in the end, it's all not worth it.... I'm too old for this message board stuff, yada, yada. Apparently it was worth another lengthy, split-second response.

I think the real humor in it all is when the above poster continues to use the word "obsess" and "FSU and ACC" in the same sentence, all the while being a Seminull fan posting on a WSU message board. Mind you, I have never set foot in a Seminull message forum, but I am the "obsessive" one. That gave me a good chuckle.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Oh, I am obsessed...with baseball. Not juvenile smack contests.

I like to learn, and you'll see me talking to the guys on Florida, Va., VT. UConn, BC, LSU and a few other sites.

I know next to nothing about western teams so I like this site. Very knowledgable posters. The best breakdowns on RPI on the boards are from a couple of guys on this site.

Baseball is evolving as always..and it evolves differently in different locales. The SEC has been different from the ACC, for instance, in the number of fast ball pitchers thrown. I see that changing.

LSU, Georgia, and a few other teams I can think of are one of those teams caught in transition with big guys who mash the ball but aren't really athletic in the field nor on the basepath. The bats caught them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
                                Billybud, please keep posting.

+1

Comment

Working...
                                X