No announcement yet.

NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely nothing surprising here except to see that the FBI has gotten involved. That creates a whole new level of excrement hitting the fan.

The next federal agency that will want to check in is the IRS. I'm sure all the recipients of this largesse propertly reported this as income to our good friends at the IRS. The IRS also might want to check the books of Adidas/Nike/UA and all the intermediaries involved in this.

After all it was the IRS who put Al Capone away. While the FBI is looking for criminals the IRS is on the hunt for criminals and for dollars.

Comment

Didn't Dollar Bill and the school up north just sign an extension with Adidas here in the last week or so?

I bet Bill's next door buddy, known crook, bookmaker and general sleaze bucket Doug Compton is checking international flight departure times.

Comment

Miami is also involved in this. Looks like $150,000 was paid for a player to go there.

Maybe that's Pitino's way out, "hey, our guy only got $100,000. We're not the bad guys here afterall."

Comment

Having Justice Department and the FBI (and no doubt the IRS eventually) invovled really complicates the NCAA's ability to sweep this one under the rug. I doubt they will be able to find a big enough broom to handle this one.

Comment

I just went over to a Louisville message board. Some one started a thread with the title "We suck at cheating."

And, it looks like the even the Louisville fans are resigned that this is not going to end well.

"So, who will our next head coach be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
              I just went over to a Louisville message board. Some one started a thread with the title "We suck at cheating."

And, it looks like the even the Louisville fans are resigned that this is not going to end well.

So they are optimistic that they will even need a head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Didn't Dollar Bill and the school up north just sign an extension with Adidas here in the last week or so?

I bet Bill's next door buddy, known crook, bookmaker and general sleaze bucket Doug Compton is checking international flight departure times.
                You can bet your last dollar that everyone associated with KU MBB right now is constantly looking back to see who might be behind them, like a 1920's Chicagoan who thought for years his skimming of Capone was going unnoticed. Just waiting on the finality of it all, and how it happens when it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                  Miami is also involved in this. Looks like $150,000 was paid for a player to go there.

Maybe that's Pitino's way out, "hey, our guy only got $100,000. We're not the bad guys here afterall."
                  Larranaga? That would be disappointing.

Comment

Dibs on the popcorn concession.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      You can bet your last dollar that everyone associated with KU MBB right now is constantly looking back to see who might be behind them, like a 1920's Chicagoan who thought for years his skimming of Capone was going unnoticed. Just waiting on the finality of it all, and how it happens when it does.
                      Team meeting was called to smash everyone's phones and burn them. Gotta make sure they aren't bugged.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Larranaga? That would be disappointing.
                        So... does this mean that WSU made the NC game in 2013 and the Sweet Sixteen in 2016? ... i think it does. Get those banners up!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Having Justice Department and the FBI (and no doubt the IRS eventually) invovled really complicates the NCAA's ability to sweep this one under the rug. I doubt they will be able to find a big enough broom to handle this one.
                          Whoa, you're right.

Will this cross over into other sports?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Whoa, you're right.

Will this cross over into other sports?

Like KU football?.......................no

Comment

Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

Niko Medved
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Jon Rothstein‏ @JonRothstein 6m ago

"Louisville has received official notice that it is under FBI investigation, per release."

Comment

Working...
                                X