No announcement yet.

NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the next few weeks and months are going to be very interesting! Virtually every D-1 school is going to internally review their own programs and I believe that several schools will self report violations. When the FBI set up the toll free hotline, every violation all the way back to Naismith became fair game. Since most schools will want to be perceived as proactive rather than reactive, I expect it will make an enlightening November and December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
      I believe the next few weeks and months are going to be very interesting! Virtually every D-1 school is going to internally review their own programs and I believe that several schools will self report violations. When the FBI set up the toll free hotline, every violation all the way back to Naismith became fair game. Since most schools will want to be perceived as proactive rather than reactive, I expect it will make an enlightening November and December.
      I am more skeptical than you; what I predict will be interesting in the coming months is the fulfillment of my expectation that not a single program known to recruit these one and done players (read Duke, KU, UCLA, UK, UNC, etc.) will self-report a single violation by their institution. Roy and Coach K have already begun the denial mantra we will hear during the coming weeks. If the FBI fails to capture the evidence from their investigative efforts, the big cheaters will walk free and unfettered as they have under NCAA supervision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
        I believe the next few weeks and months are going to be very interesting! Virtually every D-1 school is going to internally review their own programs and I believe that several schools will self report violations. When the FBI set up the toll free hotline, every violation all the way back to Naismith became fair game. Since most schools will want to be perceived as proactive rather than reactive, I expect it will make an enlightening November and December.
        T think they will pretty much go with the same advice a Federal judge gave me once when we were playing golf and I pulled my drive and hit a house on the course "Don't admit to an effen thing"

Comment

• Double post

Comment

• Nassir Little, who was reportedly bought and paid for, has now committed to University of No Classes.

Comment

• Comment

• Allow me to clarify. I believe that schools will review their practices and self report just about anything to appear proactive for fear of trying to hide something. This review wont be only apparel related. If a kid got a happy meal and wasn't allowed to keep the prize, someone will call the hotline.

Sorry, rookie posting on SN, didn't get the quote in there
                Last edited by Wooglin; October 4, 2017, 11:03 PM. Reason: Forum virgin

Comment

• You have to wonder if, in many of these cases, the kid in question even knows the parent or guardian is being paid.

Comment

• No matter what, all head coaches will play innocent. They let their underlings do the dirty work so they can keep their hands clean. It’s part of the game. If an assistant is really motivated, they will do whatever it takes to land the high profile kids in order to boost their personal resumes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      No matter what, all head coaches will play innocent. They let their underlings do the dirty work so they can keep their hands clean. It’s part of the game. If an assistant is really motivated, they will do whatever it takes to land the high profile kids in order to boost their personal resumes.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                        You have to wonder if, in many of these cases, the kid in question even knows the parent or guardian is being paid.
                        "Hey, Mom! Nice Ferrari! Why didn't we get that earlier? Does it have to have the three stripes?"

Comment

• Rick Pitino personally profited $145 million over 10 yrs off the Addidas contract. That is insane. The money is going to the coaches, not the school. Bill Self is probably doing the same thing, they have a contract similar in size to Louisville’s.

Comment

• Somehow I read Character instead of Contract but I guess both are similar.

Comment

• When they report these shoe deals that various "schools" have, they should break it down by how much the school gets versus the coach. Big difference.

Comment

• Rick is on "unpaid leave". He needs this investigation to get over quick lest he be relegated to Dr. Naismith's late in life status-bankrupt and being foreclosed upon. He is not going to get many chicks to donk him in a restaurant when that happens!

Comment

Working...
                                X