No announcement yet.

NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody told me and several others that most NCAA coaches know who the cheaters are but don't tell on each other. They also said Louisville is AAA ball compared to what other schools are getting away with including school(s) in our own state. That somebody won't be named.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
      Somebody told me and several others that most NCAA coaches know who the cheaters are but don't tell on each other. They also said Louisville is AAA ball compared to what other schools are getting away with including school(s) in our own state. That somebody won't be named.
      Back in the HCEF days, the word was that those from the UNC coaching tree would not schedule each other and refused to schedule known cheaters. Later during Fogler's last year's at USC, he said something to the effect that he couldn't compete with what was going on at UF in regards to recruitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
        @kevinOConnorNBA
        Joel Embiid, Andrew Wiggins, Ben McLemore, and Kelly Oubre—Kansas first-rounders in 2013, 2014, and 2015—all have sneaker deals with Adidas.

Interesting coincidence?
        We've known for awhile that athletes tend to be loyal to these companies. So that "revelation" really means nothing. The question is whether any bribes took place to keep that loyalty. I just don't think we can read too much into this until the FBI releases something more concrete than coincidence.

Comment

• I think the FBI is just looking into any school that gets 5 star recruits at this time.
          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            We've known for awhile that athletes tend to be loyal to these companies. So that "revelation" really means nothing. The question is whether any bribes took place to keep that loyalty. I just don't think we can read too much into this until the FBI releases something more concrete than coincidence.
            It isn't that they "remain" loyal, nor are they worried about "bribes" to keep them loyal. I believe the FBI is interested in how they became "loyal", before choosing a college.

Comment

• When the **** hits the fan!
              SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
              gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Pitino & Larranaga Subpoenaed.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Auburn just announced they are holding back two players, presumably to avoid the potential of vacating wins. My bet is Arizona will make a similar announcement this week!

Comment

• More news. This thing is looking more and more like it will be huge.

Sources: College hoops corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs, lottery picks

Multiple sources who’ve been briefed on the case and are familiar with the material obtained by feds told Yahoo Sports that the impact on the sport will be substantial and relentless. Sitting under protective order right now are the fruits of 330 days of monitoring activity by the feds, which one assistant US Attorney noted Thursday was “a voluminous amount of material.” That includes wiretaps from 4,000 intercepted calls and thousands of documents and bank records obtained from raids and confiscated computers, including those from notorious NBA agent Andy Miller.

“This goes a lot deeper in college basketball than four corrupt assistant coaches,” said a source who has been briefed on the details of the case. “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”
                    For reference, here's those 16 teams:

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Wiretaps from 4,000 intercepted calls, thousands of documents and bank records obtained by raids and confiscated computers, and 330 days of monitoring activity conducted by federal investigators have potentially bombshell information that could compromise as many as 50 college basketball programs.
                      The bolded part was done by me for those who want to quickly see the most significant info.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• For some of the older posters, I go back to Lester Earl and his Lexus driving, apartment complex managing mother. Somehow after the Louisiana native's departure from LSU ended up on probation form his one season in Baton Rouge. His mother relocates to Lawrence to go from the welfare roll to apartment manager driving two Lexus cars, which she allowed Lester to drive, only coming to light after a minor injury accident in Lawrence. Historically there is a lot of smoke with the program, including money being left in the pocket of "guest jackets" at country clubs hosting booster club speaking engagements, which certain key KU players would attend. Time will tell but I am not holding my breath for any news on the FBI investigation.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                          For some of the older posters, I go back to Lester Earl and his Lexus driving, apartment complex managing mother. Somehow after the Louisiana native's departure from LSU ended up on probation form his one season in Baton Rouge. His mother relocates to Lawrence to go from the welfare roll to apartment manager driving two Lexus cars, which she allowed Lester to drive, only coming to light after a minor injury accident in Lawrence. Historically there is a lot of smoke with the program, including money being left in the pocket of "guest jackets" at country clubs hosting booster club speaking engagements, which certain key KU players would attend. Time will tell but I am not holding my breath for any news on the FBI investigation.
                          Even non-key players were getting benefits in Roy’s last years. I have it on good authority from one such individual.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• If KU is found to have done anything truely illegal, Kansas Board of Regents should strip KU of its Med school and give it to Wichita.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                              Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Perhaps KU could become an "attendance center" of WSU.

Jackasses.

• shock
                              shock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              At the very least they should lose the ability to advertise.

• SHOCKvalue
                              SHOCKvalue commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'd be happy if someone just forced them to remove - or at least re-phrase in a more accurate and honest manner - their KDOT sign on the turnpike just south of the south Wichita exit that says "KU Wichita Campus" The way it comes off now is like a dog marking territory that doesn't belong to him, to say nothing of the fact that it describes something that literally does not exist..

• If what is being reported is true this is the best news for the NCAA. If it is as wide spread they will just say we can’t punish all of the power 5. It will force them not to punish programs, but make them to change their model, where this stuff can go on legally.

Comment

• Ugh. I hope not
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X