Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    Illinois State or SIU.
    That would probably be great too, but the idea of him bumping down to the school that replaced CU is beautiful

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      I'm looking forward to his return to the MVC in 2 years to become the head coach at Loyola. It is so perfect. Either that or UNO. I would take that, too. That would be awfully convenient since he wouldn't even have to move.
      Loyola makes sense as he can room with Dougie.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Loyola makes sense as he can room with Dougie.
        That'd be nice of Doug to repay the tuition his coach paid for his senior year.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I just checked his Wiki page and am kinda shocked how marginal his coaching record is. He had 3 decent years at UNI (still lost 10-12 games each year but went to the NCAA) and 3 20+ win years at Wayne State. Take out the 4 Doug McDermott years and you can see where the trend is heading. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_McDermott

Comment

• The report I heard was that the coaching staff did NOT want to make the move; they wanted to stay in the MVC (bigger fish in a smaller pond, so to speak). It was the administration that thought if they were in a "better" conference, they could attract more students that could pay the "higher" cost of education -- and I think the administration was snow blinded by the dollars offered by the TV deal. I wonder if all the extra travel has eaten up what they thought they would gain in revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
              The report I heard was that the coaching staff did NOT want to make the move; they wanted to stay in the MVC (bigger fish in a smaller pond, so to speak). It was the administration that thought if they were in a "better" conference, they could attract more students that could pay the "higher" cost of education -- and I think the administration was snow blinded by the dollars offered by the TV deal. I wonder if all the extra travel has eaten up what they thought they would gain in revenue.
              The administration will more than likely be proven right.

They just need a coaching staff up to the challenge.

They can become the new DePaul for all I care and wallow in the abyss.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• In regards to travel expenses and distance, check these out.

Creighton 2012-13 Season (Last MVC Year)

Creighton 2013-14 Season (First Big East Year)

Creighton 2014-15 Season (This year)

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• OK there are only so many dollars available for private schools. If you had your choice of going to a private school would you pick a school in OMAHA NEBRASKA or one in Chicago or some metro area back east. Or even take a private non secular school in California. Pepperdine is nice and its in Malibu.

Comment

• Imagine how terrible their travels would be if they had to do more than 1 game in the post-season. It's been a cost-saving technique all along.

Comment

• From Wikipedia:
                      "In just his second year "On the Hilltop" McDermott led Creighton to the MVC conference tournament championship"

On the hilltop.....ROFLMAO.....yup, that downhill from "On the Hilltop" has been pretty f'in steep.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I just checked his Wiki page and am kinda shocked how marginal his coaching record is. He had 3 decent years at UNI (still lost 10-12 games each year but went to the NCAA) and 3 20+ win years at Wayne State. Take out the 4 Doug McDermott years and you can see where the trend is heading. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_McDermott
                        If you remove the Dougie years and non-D1 years from his coaching record he has a non-Dougie D1 record of 190-163. A .538 winning percentage. Bleh.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          The administration will more than likely be proven right.

They just need a coaching staff up to the challenge.
                          Chris Lowery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                            Do you know how many more years are left on the BE and FS contract?
                            I find it hard to believe that the Fox lawyers would not have had enough moxy to include some outs or adjustments in the event ratings failed to live up to some minimum levels. Although, I would expect Fox to give it a few years.

Surely, the Fox folks understand that it is not just the size of the TV market that counts, but the size of the market share a team commands in that market that is really the key. Maybe they were willing to pay to find our exactly how big the market share was. Although it is looking like they may not like the answer.

Comment

• Be sure and keep an eye on Creighton at DePaul tonight. :)

Comment

• Sorry to bring this up but Crieghton just lost to Seton Hall. Had about 4 shots to win it as the clock was expiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X