MVC vs Title Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
    How did this go from Bill Snyder to Gene Stephenson? Stay on subject, and quit hijacking threads. Gene is old news anyway, he's done.

As far as BS, he will quickly right his ship, and get them to playing better. He is a good coach no matter how old he gets.
    On subject, Snap? Gene Stephenson has as much to do with Shocker basketball as bill Snyder does -- actually, a micron or two more, inasmuch as he and Gregg Marshall both once had a claim to the same player, namely Johnny Coy, whom Gene ultimately won, not necessarily to his or Coy's lasting benefit. Arguably, baseball and Gene were also a recruiting aid for Paul Miller. Yoyu'd have to look long and hard to find even that modest degree of relevance for Bill Snyder.

The real culprit here is moose, who thoughtlessly and reflexively started an anti K-State football thread in the men's basketball forum, and to a lesser degree our normally reliable administration, which failed to spot it, shut it down, and move it someplace where it belongs, which isn't here.

Comment

If Gene Stephenson had made the CWS and then 8 months later people were talking about firing him, I could understand the Bill Snyder/Gene Stephenson comparisons. That wasn't exactly the case.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Veritas likes four subjects out of basketball season on SN. Hate the AD, Love GS, Hate KSU, and Love KU. Anyone can happen anytime.
        That's not entirely true shockmoster. I'm tepid towards the AD, admire GS as coach, can't stand ksu, am loyal to KU, and like the Shocker WVB team.

Is parity quickly moving in on FBS and FCS? A lot of upsets so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
          I was in Manhattan for the game and the NDSU fan base really impressed me. I hope we didn't miss the boat on them. I was speaking with a large group of their fans at Rusty's and with the big oil money coming into North Dakota they are confident that they will push lots of $ into all of their sports. They are a big time force in Minnesota and are really establishing a regional brand across the Upper Midwest. Really impressed with their whole operation.
          The entire state of North Dakota has a roughly comparable population to the Wichita metro area, and it's not as if Wichita is DFW or anything.

Greener fields aren't coming anytime soon to any of the North or South Dakota schools.

Comment

EMAWful!

Comment

I thought EMAW looked awful against Texas tonight. Texas got blown out by BYU and Ole Miss. Kstate was never really in the game tonight. I will say they didn't give up and made a run at the end to make the game look respectable but you can't wait to start playing until your down 24-7 in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                I thought EMAW looked awful against Texas tonight. Texas got blown out by BYU and Ole Miss. Kstate was never really in the game tonight. I will say they didn't give up and made a run at the end to make the game look respectable but you can't wait to start playing until your down 24-7 in the 4th quarter.
                Without Lockett, KjSU is NOTHING. How many more of those little guys in the family are there?
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

KSU fans are an interesting breed.. When Snyder is winning he is this godly figure to them. When he loses one game on the road to a tough opponent they demand he be tarred, feathered and ran out of town on a rail. I guess it explains a lot about why KSU can't retain good coaches and a lot of other oddities about their athletic department. I also might as well throw this out there, I visited Manhattan over the summer, I can't help but wonder what in the heck they are going to do with Bramlage when it's time for a new stadium. It's already on the sub-par list of basketball stadiums in the Big 12, now they have it wedged in between their basketball practice facility and Snyder Stadium. So demoing the lime stone ceiling of the place is going to be next to impossible, unless they just take the roof off and fill the hole in with dirt I guess.. I dunno, the location of the basketball practice facility just seems not very well planned, the area seems crammed.

Comment

Working...
                  X