No announcement yet.

MVC vs Title Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... and the difference between BS and fHCGS is....

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      .... and the difference between BS and fHCGS is....
      Insubordination to his administration, arrogance towards others, inability to win conference championship in weak league, driving away season ticket holders . . .
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        Insubordination to his administration, arrogance towards others, inability to win conference championship in weak league, driving away season ticket holders . . .
        . . . other than that . . .

Comment

I was in Manhattan for the game and the NDSU fan base really impressed me. I hope we didn't miss the boat on them. I was speaking with a large group of their fans at Rusty's and with the big oil money coming into North Dakota they are confident that they will push lots of $ into all of their sports. They are a big time force in Minnesota and are really establishing a regional brand across the Upper Midwest. Really impressed with their whole operation.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
            and with the big oil money coming into North Dakota they are confident
            I am confident that with every Big Oil Boom, there will be a Big Oil Bust...then what?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              Insubordination is grounds for dismissal. How was he insubordinate? I didn't hear about that. Less season ticket prices an indication of weak economy and inflated prices.
              I'll give you a lack of energy in recruiting. Butler's really hit the trail and over-recruited; something fHCGS refused to do. Sounds like Butler has a little more AD $$$ support for recruiting. Hoping his energy in recruiting carries over to Super Regionals and CWS appearances. So far, so good.

I think with BS (and fHCGS) it's a matter of energy and keeping the passion burning.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                Insubordination is grounds for dismissal. How was he insubordinate? I didn't hear about that. Less season ticket prices an indication of weak economy and inflated prices.
                I'll give you a lack of energy in recruiting. Butler's really hit the trail and over-recruited; something fHCGS refused to do. Sounds like Butler has a little more AD $$$ support for recruiting. Hoping his energy in recruiting carries over to Super Regionals and CWS appearances. So far, so good.

I think with BS (and fHCGS) it's a matter of energy and keeping the passion burning.
                I'm kind of weary of this as whole GS discussion. But I will sat that if we'd been in the World Series in the past 17 years or if we had even been able to win the Valley Championship in the past 5 years I may have been more supportive. T his is not mentioning his 600K salary and loss of fan support.

Comment

GS hadn't recruited in years, last recruiting expenses he had turned in we're years ago.

Comment

How did this go from Bill Snyder to Gene Stephenson? Stay on subject, and quit hijacking threads. Gene is old news anyway, he's done.

As far as BS, he will quickly right his ship, and get them to playing better. He is a good coach no matter how old he gets.

Comment

It's 72 hours later and I'm still loling..
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Veritas likes four subjects out of basketball season on SN. Hate the AD, Love GS, Hate KSU, and Love KU. Anyone can happen anytime.

Comment

I watched the replay today and my personal opinion is, NDSU played just as bad as KSU did the entire game, until that final NDSU final drive. NDSU is going to do whatever they are going to do this year, but they didn't look like a top 25 team. Snyder went for a 4th and 1 on the KSU 30 yard line in the first quarter and came up dry, he was obviously just trying to impose his will on NDSU and came up way short, considering the game was decided by 3 points. Then NDSU dropped a touchdown pass and missed a field goal in the first half as well. Both teams had turnovers... KSU simply just got roughed up in the first half and didn't even get blown out, then deflated in the 2nd half after scoring 2 straight touchdowns and then became witness to one of the most epic game deciding drives possibly ever put on display in Manhattan. There's just no way for KSU fan to walk away from that game with any positive about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                            I watched the replay today and my personal opinion is, NDSU played just as bad as KSU did the entire game, until that final NDSU final drive. NDSU is going to do whatever they are going to do this year, but they didn't look like a top 25 team. Snyder went for a 4th and 1 on the KSU 30 yard line in the first quarter and came up dry, he was obviously just trying to impose his will on NDSU and came up way short, considering the game was decided by 3 points. Then NDSU dropped a touchdown pass and missed a field goal in the first half as well. Both teams had turnovers... KSU simply just got roughed up in the first half and didn't even get blown out, then deflated in the 2nd half after scoring 2 straight touchdowns and then became witness to one of the most epic game deciding drives possibly ever put on display in Manhattan. There's just no way for KSU fan to walk away from that game with any positive about anything.
                            I have not watched the replay, but from what I saw I think K-State can find some positives. Bill Snyder has not had a QB with the arm that Jake Waters has in a long time. He is notorious for not trusting his QBs early on, once he trusts Waters the passing game could be as special as any K-State has had when you consider the speed of Lockett and ability of guys like Thompson. It's almost like Coach Snyder forgot that this wasn't the 2011 or 2012 KSU Wildcat squad. If he had more faith in Waters they win comfortably. The defense needs work but I don't think all is lost. The Big XII is wide, wide, wide, open. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Wildcats could still win the conference.

I thought that NDSU played about as flawless as you can hope to play in week one. Remember this isn't the NFL, you don't have preseason games to work out the kinks. NDSU is unequivocally the best 1AA team and a stone cold lead pipe lock to reach the final in Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                              I have not watched the replay, but from what I saw I think K-State can find some positives. Bill Snyder has not had a QB with the arm that Jake Waters has in a long time. He is notorious for not trusting his QBs early on, once he trusts Waters the passing game could be as special as any K-State has had when you consider the speed of Lockett and ability of guys like Thompson. It's almost like Coach Snyder forgot that this wasn't the 2011 or 2012 KSU Wildcat squad. If he had more faith in Waters they win comfortably. The defense needs work but I don't think all is lost. The Big XII is wide, wide, wide, open. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Wildcats could still win the conference.

I thought that NDSU played about as flawless as you can hope to play in week one. Remember this isn't the NFL, you don't have preseason games to work out the kinks. NDSU is unequivocally the best 1AA team and a stone cold lead pipe lock to reach the final in Frisco.
                              I guess one of the advantages of being a MSU fan is that you have plenty of opportunities to hone the skill of looking for silver linings in a bad loss. ;)
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I think if KSU is playing a game like that against a OU, OSU, Texas, any half way decent team LSU?, ect; that game turns into a blow out of KSU after KSU gets roughed up in the first half. Quality FBS teams would have taken advantage of their depth, realized what was happening and blown KSU away, after they realized KSU was battered and fatigued after one half of play. It literally was like David landing a haymaker on Goliath and David not having the strength to keep Goliath down after delivering the haymaker.. I also noticed NDSU's offense wasn't exactly explosive either. The game was weird, because KSU did get roughed up, but they were never actually on their heels until that final ndsu drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X