No announcement yet.

South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course he has strong interset. He wants to get the hell out of Dodge....Manhattan.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerKhan View Post
      810 WHB in KC reporting Frank Martin is a candidate for USC job with strong interest per gamecock website.
      Wow, interested in USC job? What does that say about KSU? If Marshall would leave for no less than 2.5 million, it will be interesting to see what Frank takes. He was pretty clear when the Miami job opened that he'd like to be contacted and that it wouldn't take much to hire him.

As for Marshall, what does it say about the USC basketball program when you have a guy like Marshall who everyone says would like to go "home", but is demading 3x what he's making in Wichita to do it. Wonder where "home" really is? I know if I was in the middle of nowhere Canada, making a million and someone offered me a million to move back to Wichita I'd do it in a heart beat...I wouldn't be demading 3x that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerKhan View Post
        810 WHB in KC reporting Frank Martin is a candidate for USC job with strong interest per gamecock website.
        You know what that means: K-State is cheaters and he wants out before he gets the back blast. This Samuels thing reeks....

Comment

• Sounds like Martin and the AD Currie (sp) don't see eye to eye.
          "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
          which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

• I love lamp
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
              Unless I misheard (is that even a word?) last night I believe I heard Bruce say that SC was looking to hire a minority. Take that for what it's worth.
              Hmmm - (1) Won't accept marginal officiating and write it off as a "Give the other team credit" moment; (2) Holds all his players accountable to a high standard on and off the court; (3) Does not suffer fools lightly when questioning his strategies and their outcomes; (4) Has a gorgeous, down to earth wife who, despite her husband making a million dollars a year, is comfortable (and stunning) in blue jeans and T-shirt at games rather than it being a "fashion" moment . . . Seems like he might qualify as a minority to me . . .
              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                You know what that means: K-State is cheaters and he wants out before he gets the back blast. This Samuels thing reeks....
                I don't know anything about the Samuels ordeal, but "K-State is cheating" is not what I would have assumed based on interest in the USC job.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Maybe not anymore, considering he wants an enormous paycheck to come "home" to that hellhole of a program.
                  witchita,ks<Cola,sc SC>KS .... NEXT!!

Comment

• Kitties taking notice http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2671&t=8828384

"I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss this as "here we go again" and assume this is not a threat. While I am not an insider at USC, it is only an hour away and my son goes there. He is telling me (and sending me blogs, etc) that USC is interested in HCFM and that the interest is mutual. Apparently people heading up the search for USC either know HCFM directly or have connections with him and apparently Coach is interested in returning to the southeast (not exactly a shocker there). I'm not in any way saying this is a done deal but I think it COULD develop that way. I think it is much more than a coach opening and someone throwing Frank's name out. Hopefully Currie is being proactive...."

Comment

• Originally posted by USCgamecockboy View Post
                      witchita,ks<Cola,sc SC>KS .... NEXT!!
                      cockboy has spoken. discussion over.

Comment

• our former gamecock pg said on his sports radio show, that marshall isn't our first choice on our a.d. list.

trust if coach marshall was our first choice. we would have him already.i love our s.c. boy and wish him nothing but the best. i believe our a.d. will get the right coach for us.

Comment

our former gamecock pg said on his sports radio show, that marshall isn't our first choice on our a.d. list.

trust if coach marshall was our first choice. we would have him already.i love our s.c. boy and wish him nothing but the best. i believe our a.d. will get the right coach for us.
                          You do realize that every school will say that any coach that said no to them wasn't really their first choice, right? I'll bet there was even someone at Oregon claiming that Altman was their first choice.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

our former gamecock pg said on his sports radio show, that marshall isn't our first choice on our a.d. list.

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            You do realize that every school will say that any coach that said no to them wasn't really their first choice, right? I'll bet there was even someone at Oregon claiming that Altman was their first choice.
                            Yup. I thought the same thing. Way to cover yourself cockboy. If you don't get him, he wasn't your 1st choice. If you do get him, that former pg really didn't know what was on the AD's list. I guess who you get just might answer a lot.

Comment

Incredibly predictable post. Do they read Aesop in grade school out there in the swampland?
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

It is my opinion, and my opinion only, that if this information is correct, and that 3G isn't their first choice, then it is a dead issue.

USC, at one time, might have been Gregg's "dream job". I think that bird flew the coop 4 years ago when they hired Horn. There ended his "dream job".

If it's known that 3G is their 2nd choice (or worse) I would suspect it will take in the neighborhood of a couple bazzillion (or even gazzillion) to get him to get him to leave Wichita for South Carolina. USC screwed it up once....and it sounds like they screwed it up again.

Best news I've heard in some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X