Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoValley John
    Originally posted by SubGod22
    Did the SEC vote NO to aTm, or elect to not take action at the time? I've heard that they didn't actually decline aTm's entrance, but only pushed it down the road and chose not to do anything at the time of the meeting.
    In reality, it was all and also none of what you said. Here is a good article on the actions of the SEC. As you can see, the statement was quite cryptic:

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/14/1665...ion-texas.html
    After reading that, I think aTm will be in the SEC soon enough.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Texas A&M sent official notice to the Big 12 that they will explore conference options.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
        Texas A&M sent official notice to the Big 12 that they will explore conference options.
        Who's surprised?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Beginning of the end for the Big 12? ...well I guess I shouldn't say the beginning, Nebraska and Colorado were the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
            Beginning of the end for the Big 12? ...well I guess I shouldn't say the beginning, Nebraska and Colorado were the beginning.
            middle of the end?
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Looks like SMU might want into the BIG 12.

SMU athletic director Steve Orsini believes his school is ready to join an automatic-qualifier BCS conference and has made his case to certain Big 12 officials.

What would that do for Conference USA?

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
                Looks like SMU might want into the BIG 12.

SMU athletic director Steve Orsini believes his school is ready to join an automatic-qualifier BCS conference and has made his case to certain Big 12 officials.

What would that do for Conference USA?
                That would be terrible for C-USA. They would lose TCU and on the backside, Missouri State will take the opportunity to skip over them and go directly to the SEC as the 14th member.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Missouri state has nothing to offer the sec other than another city the size of Birmingham, full of rednecks.. ya know, maybe they would fit in.?.

Comment

Originally posted by InWuWeTrust
                    Missouri state has nothing to offer the sec other than another city the size of Birmingham, full of rednecks.. ya know, maybe they would fit in.?.
                    SEC Commissionwe Michael Slive was in Springfield yesterday. He was seen at JQH and attended several top level, private meetings. He left a sealed envelope to be opened by the Board of Governors which contained an invitation for MSU to join the SEC. When you look at the high quality renderings of the football stadium upgrades, it is no wonder that the Bears are on the top of every conference's wish list.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I'm so glad Wichita doesn't have football or else our be;oved Shocks would be a commodity.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John
                        When you look at the high quality renderings of the football stadium upgrades, it is no wonder that the Bears are on the top of every conference's wish list.

Their football stadium doesn't look any better than Div II's Pittsburg State University's stadium.

Comment

• I like Pitt St's better
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla

Their football stadium doesn't look any better than Div II's Pittsburg State University's stadium.
                            Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken, or you are simply blinded by local bias, but when MSU finishes their expansion and upgrades, Plaster Stadium will be one of the best, if not best, stadiums in the country. It will feature a 30 foot wide bigscreen, that is the largest, standard definition screens available today. It will also be unique, featuring an upper deck with no lower deck. There will also be a dozen luxury suites, that is a total of 12! A lot of BCS powerhouse schools will build 120 or so suites Missouri State will be very exclusive and stick to 12, how exclusive is that?!!!!

Once complete, Missouri State is going to hold a series of bake sales to hopefully fund locker rooms as well! Pittsburgh State can keep their facilities, Plaster will be special.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John
                              Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken, or you are simply blinded by local bias, but when MSU finishes their expansion and upgrades, Plaster Stadium will be one of the best, if not best, stadiums in the country.
                              I am indeed blinded by bias.

It will also be unique, featuring an upper deck with no lower deck.
                              That's a good thing?

There will also be a dozen luxury suites, that is a total of 12! A lot of BCS powerhouse schools will build 120 or so suites Missouri State will be very exclusive and stick to 12, how exclusive is that?!!!!
                              By extension of this logic .. get this .. we have ZERO, how EXCLUSIVE IS THAT?!

Once complete, Missouri State is going to hold a series of bake sales to hopefully fund locker rooms as well!
                              This is a joke, right? They are building the best stadium in the country (according to you) and they didn't think to include locker rooms? So as an after thought they are going to do that with a bake sale?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Uh, Kung Wu, I think your sarcasm meter might need calibrating...
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X