Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WuShock16
    replied
    Tommy Bell is being replaced, effective immediately, as the AD at Southern Illinois. Hmmm...did he get too big for his britches? Or was it that he wasn't big enough for his britches? Hmmm...

Of local note, Cheney native Jerry Kill, a former football coach at SIU, is taking over in that role.

Leave a comment:

• AndShock
    replied
    Evansville hired Matt Graves and Todd Lickliter as assistants. There was a time when either of them would've been great hires for the HC job.

Leave a comment:

• WSUwatcher
    commented on 's reply
    That's the "all-important Chicago TV market," im4.

Anyway, good for Loyola. They got a little lucky -- you can't really count on shots like Ingram's that got them out of the first round, but he hit it, a reminder that end-of-game plays look much better when your guys hit the shots they take; and then they drew #7 and #9 the second weekend (vs., for example, the Shocks five years ago when they had to beat #1 to get to the second weekend and then #2 to get to the Final Four).

But luck only carries you so far unless you capitalize on it, and that they did. Plus, they apparently gave K-State a good solid pounding. So kudos and all the best to them the rest of the way. They got their opportunity, which is all you can ask, and they've run with it, unlike another team we all know and love.

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if LUC gets to the final 4 and Big East decides to expand and invites them..........
    To acquire the Chicago TV market!

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Wouldn't it be funny if LUC gets to the final 4 and Big East decides to expand and invites them..........

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    commented on 's reply
    I do think it's funny ISUr fired Moser before his best team, his successor tanked with that team, and Moser now has taken a new team from the depths, past ISUr, into the tourney, and on the cusp of a F4.

• Kung Wu
    replied
    I'm rootin' on Loyola. They were willing to put resources in their program. I didn't think Moser had it in him, but I am glad to see him succeed. What a fun ride for Gryffendor!

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    commented on 's reply
    Meh. That's why you always hedge with things like "for now."

Also of note, it wasn't, and isn't, Loyola folks doing any trashing. And they are the ones with something to talk about. Instead it continues to be folks associated with an ISUr program that hasn't done anything in 20+ years.

Good for Loyola. They are a good team and fun to watch. I still like where WSU is.

• Aargh
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I think I'll let my 4 seed do the talking.

For now...
    That did not age well

Leave a comment:

• Wuzee
    commented on 's reply
    Fun Fact: Dana has a daughter named Charlie Rose.

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    Apparently Medved called the Drake AD Tuesday to say he was pulling out of the CSU search. The today calls and says he's taking the job.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Drake coach leaves after 1 year.
    Ut oh, another Valley quitter on Dan Muller's coaches-to-stalk list.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Or society in general......and yes the Valley is a decent representative of the decline of society.

• WstateU
    replied
    Well, suck an egg! :(
    Guess it wasn’t “all about the Drake”.
    I’ll always be a Valley supporter, but thank you Lord baby Jesus for the AAC.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Probably pretty good timing to get out of Dodge (make that Des Moines). Drake is graduating 5 of its top 6 scorers and 4 of 5 starters from a .500 team.

Clearly a step up for Medved.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 22, 2018, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X