Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wuzee
    replied
    It looks like Missouri State is getting its act together finally. Dana Ford is going the Musselman route and has done a tremendous job revamping the lineup, pulling in grad transfers of note from WVU (Lamont West) and CSU (Anthony Bonner) added to transfers from Nevada and Middle Tennessee who are eligible this season. They also landed 6-9 post Gaige Prim (who was the leading scorer and rebounder on Trey Wade's South Plains team and 1st Team JUCO AA) and a couple of three-star prep kids. They should dominate inside against MVC competition with the newcomers added to first team all-MVC PF Tulio Da Silva.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    My guess is that it's not intentional, but a lot of the banter between Bob and Jeff is much like Don Imus used to do. I wonder only because I suspect Bob and the "I Man" differ in about everything they think and do and it's probably the last person he'd want to be compared to, at least philosophically.

I enjoy the Drive with the exception of the music discussion. But to each his own. And his work with League 42 is amazing and he should be commended for it.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    Well said... Bob’s ‘League 42’ is outstanding.
    I’ve never had a problem with Bob and have learned to enjoy “The Drive”. The banter between Bob and Jeff is mostly entertaining.

• pogo
    replied
    For years people have hated on Bob Lutz and I was one that did not like some of the articles he wrote. In hindsight they were factual and because we were really bad when he was the beat writer they rubbed me the wrong way. He always responded to his critics that he could not write as a fan of WSU but as a journalist. Puts you in kind of a tough spot caught between local Shocker enthusiasts and his journalistic integrity. I admire his passion for sports which does include WSU and his love of the Cardinals. Mostly I admire what he is doing to promote his biggest love...baseball. Here is a man that has started a league of baseball for kids and families that would otherwise not have the opportunity to play and benefit from this exposure. He has given the city of Wichita one more thing that we can point to with pride. One thing can be said of him he does not suffer fools. Just listen to his afternoon radio broadcast. I make no apologies for him but he is unique and has passion at what he does

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    Did you see Bob Lutz, comment/reply to this tweet? Assuming this was really Bob. looked legit with his League 42 logo and it appears to link to his twitter account.

Bob Lutz
    @boblutz
    Replying to
    @BradleyBraves
    You’re an embarrassment and you deserved all the embarrassment and shame that came with this. It’s who you are now. Nice job.
    2:26 PM · Mar 16, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    And this has now officially taken over the spotlight from the Bradley players, big time. Hope you got what you wanted Wardle.

• giskard
    replied
    Bradley has had to retreat:

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Bradley fans chime in. Good stuff.

https://www.pjstar.com/sports/20190315/cleve-in-eve-bu-disgraces-itself-telling-longtime-pjs-beat-writer-you-dont-promote-bradley-brand interesting read just posted by Dave Eminian.

From "DaCoach":
    There are a lot of legitimate reasons for this, and Bradley is 100% justified. Just read any article by any other beat writer with any newspaper covering any other team in the MVC. The difference in quality and quantity of coverage is like night and day. Anyone who cannot see that is deluded by the years of lousy coverage Bradley has gotten.

Leave a comment:

• rrshock
    replied
    Wow. SID should be in hot water at minimum plus the AD. That school is a joke.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    https://www.pjstar.com/sports/201903...-bradley-brand

Here is the referenced article. Dave Reynolds is a legendary beat writer in the context of that conference. Something about Wardle has never set right with me.
    Last edited by shoxlax; March 16, 2019, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    I either didn’t realize or didn’t remember that Bradley coach Brian Wardle is a jackass.

He basically kicked the longtime Peoria newspaper columnist out of a pre-NCAA media session because “you don’t promote the Bradley brand.”

I’m comparing this to Bob Lutz. Is he arrogant? Of course. Did he write stuff that was probably overly critical of the Shockers? Sure. However, I would NEVER expect him (or any other media member) to “promote” the Shockers. The media’s job is to report the news. It’s always nice when things are positive, but it’s not their job to be a total fanboy.

I’m looking forward to watching Bradley get plastered by a 1 or 2 seed.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Even Higgy can't save this debacle. So painful.

Leave a comment:

• shocktheheart
    replied
    Watching the valley tourney on tv and they actually showed a kid wearing a WSU sweatshirt in the crowd

Leave a comment:

• AndShock
    replied
    2nd place ISUr down 21 at home to Valpo in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Kind of funny that the Shocks are on the cover.
Working...
X