• Show
Clear All

• Cdizzle
    replied
    #bestCoach now 0-4

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    I think one thing that may remain the same for the Shocks in the AAC as it was in the MVC is that the Shocks still have a big target on their back and will probably be everyone's super bowl they head out on the road in AAC play.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Kenpom rankings:

*WSU 4
    *Cinci 13
    *SMU 26
    *Houston 45
    *Temple 54
    LUC 74
    *UCF 79
    UNI 80
    MSU 82
    *UConn 100
    Valpo 105
    Bradley 118
    *Tulsa 120
    ISUr 136
    *Tulane 141
    Evansville 142
    *Memphis 151
    SIU 154
    ISUb 168
    Drake 181
    *ECU 264
    *SFU 282

* American Athletic Conference

MVC has 3 top 100

AAC has 2 top 25, 4 top 50 and 7 top 100

Opportunity for so many more quality wins in the American!
    Update:

Cincy 9
    WSU 11
    SMU 29
    Hou 42
    MSU 58
    Temple 77
    UCF 80
    Loyola 105
    UNI 118
    Tulsa 120
    Tulane 121
    Bradley 124
    UCONN 141
    SIU 146
    Evansville 147
    Valpo 151
    Drake 158
    ISUr 162
    ISUb 168
    Memphis 174
    USF 308!!
    ECU 313!!

AAC still has 2 top 25, 4 top 50 and now 6 top 100

Only Missouri State remains in the top 100 for the Valley.
    The other 9 are 105-168 with 6 of those 146-168! Talk about even.

God help ECU and USF.

5 top 100 wins so far with a chance for 9 more, at least.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; January 6, 2018, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AndShock
    replied

It’s horrible that the first thing I think is that I feel bad for the player in this situation. I should feel empathy for the alleged victim, but with the recent guilty until proven innocent policy that campuses employ, Reggie just lost the second semester of basketball with little or no due process. The best you can hope for in something like this is that Lynch is actually guilty and is getting a little extra punishment prior to the legal ramifications.
    There is a lot of smoke with Reggie Lynch. Not just with the two reported sexual assault incidents but many, many different message board rumors not just on the ISUr board but the Minnesota board as well.

Either dozens of people in Normal and Minneapolis are on a mission to ruin Reggie Lynch’s life or the dude is a serial offender that is destined for the big house, and not the one in Ann Arbor.

Leave a comment:

• WheatShock
    replied

It’s horrible that the first thing I think is that I feel bad for the player in this situation. I should feel empathy for the alleged victim, but with the recent guilty until proven innocent policy that campuses employ, Reggie just lost the second semester of basketball with little or no due process. The best you can hope for in something like this is that Lynch is actually guilty and is getting a little extra punishment prior to the legal ramifications.
    I believe the incident was over a year ago and Lynch was not either not charged or charges were dropped for lack of evidence, I can't remember which.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Former MVC center Reggie Lynch suspended indefinitely at Minnesota for something to due with violation of schools sexual misconduct policy. Just saw it scroll across the bottom of the screen on ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    Former MVC center Reggie Lynch suspended indefinitely at Minnesota for something to due with violation of schools sexual misconduct policy. Just saw it scroll across the bottom of the screen on ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Valley thoughts: "It's a shame Wichita didn't leave the MVC one year sooner. Last year may have been our Halley's Comet year, and it was wasted on an NIT."

Being good and earning it is overrated anyway.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Its hard to believe that there are two AAC teams so much worse than Drake. Really? And not just a little worse. But at least we don't have to play them twice like we would Drake if still in the Valley

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    After a hot start the Valley is down to two teams in the top 100 of rpi. UNI is 25 with SoS 7. IlSU is 66 with SoS 15. There are 4 teams between 106 and 125, but those are typically neither quality wins nor bad losses. As far as SoS goes, after UNI and IlSU, InSU is at 107. The rest of the Valley is between 216 and 327.

The Valley is maintaining its' status as the best one-bid league in the land.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Kenpom rankings:

*WSU 4
    *Cinci 13
    *SMU 26
    *Houston 45
    *Temple 54
    LUC 74
    *UCF 79
    UNI 80
    MSU 82
    *UConn 100
    Valpo 105
    Bradley 118
    *Tulsa 120
    ISUr 136
    *Tulane 141
    Evansville 142
    *Memphis 151
    SIU 154
    ISUb 168
    Drake 181
    *ECU 264
    *SFU 282

* American Athletic Conference

MVC has 3 top 100

AAC has 2 top 25, 4 top 50 and 7 top 100

Opportunity for so many more quality wins in the American!

Leave a comment:

• DUShock
    commented on 's reply
    Large segments of empty seats doesn't look good on the tele.

• AndShock
    replied
    There is a new seating configuration in the lower bowl at Scottrade Center, so please act fast in securing your tickets.

New seating configuration in the lower bowl. I wonder why?

Leave a comment:

• AG1219
    replied
    Interesting ways to get fans
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    The difference between the MVC and the American is that three AAC teams are ranked higher than the highest MVC team. The first four MVC teams are neck and neck with teams 4-7 in the AAC. You get at large bids by being in the top 25. No MVC team ranks higher than 30, whereas the AAC has teams ranked 8, 17, 27, and 38.

Where the Valley beat us this year is with Drake being the loan team above 200, whereas the American has two teams above 300. Ouch!

All stats per rpiforecast, expected finish.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X