American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
    Being also an alum of Pitt State (master's degree), all I can say is...

GO-RILLAS!

(I must admit that inflatable Gus is rather creepy)
    I think what makes it creepy is that it kind of looks more like a dude than a gorilla.

Comment

• What's creepy is driving around in Pittsburg and seeing concrete gorillas in people's front yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
        Pitt St would absolutely destroy MO St. That would be amazing!
        Pitt State to the Sunbelt ???

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
          Pitt State to the Sunbelt ???
          Nope, they're too smart for that kind of foolishness.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• lol, WSU should just restart football...WSU and Missouri State join the MAC (14 teams)

WSU, Missouri State, Ohio, Akron, Toledo, Western Michigan...(decent hoops)

It's just crazy enough to work!

Comment

• Absolutely not. Not ever. What?

Comment

• I just can't imagine having an on-campus, 30k stadium, and not using it for FBS football.

UTSA shows what a good upstart football program can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                  I just can't imagine having an on-campus, 30k stadium, and not using it for FBS football.

UTSA shows what a good upstart football program can do.
                  Half of that thing should be gone in the next 6 months (one side will be raised and the space used to build a parking garage). The other side should be reduced and redone for track and field only in my opinion. The stadium is an eyesore and in horrible condition.

If we where to spend the money to build a respectable stadium and bring back football, it would have to be better than the MAC, which is not a good basketball conference. That would be a step back for our university as a whole.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
                    Half of that thing should be gone in the next 6 months (one side will be raised and the space used to build a parking garage). The other side should be reduced and redone for track and field only in my opinion. The stadium is an eyesore and in horrible condition.

If we where to spend the money to build a respectable stadium and bring back football, it would have to be better than the MAC, which is not a good basketball conference. That would be a step back for our university as a whole.
                    I'd rather start in the MAC (plus WSU and Missouri State) over the Belt or CUSA.

MAC has a solid ESPN contract.

Comment

• All new teams are required to play FCS football for a MINIMUM of five years. Once you've proven yourselves worthy, then you might be able to move up to a shitty FBS conference, which will be terrible for basketball. Our athletic department would not survive the massive financial drain of supporting lower tier football for god knows how many years until it turns profitable. And it's a big if that it would ever be profitable. Football is not happening. The cards are too heavily stacked against anyone with big ambitions that it's not even worth trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post

How high are they going to elevate it?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• It's AAC or bust for Wichita. We would have healthy rivalry's with Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston, Tulsa, and Tulane. It would be a huge boost for Baseball and we fit in with those basketball programs perfectly. Put Navy Football in the West and we can balance out the conference as an all sports member.

Comment

• raze
                            rāz/Submit
                            verb
                            past tense: razed; past participle: razed
                            completely destroy (a building, town, or other site).
                            "villages were razed to the ground"
                            synonyms: destroy, demolish, raze to the ground, tear down, pull down, knock down, level, flatten, bulldoze, wipe out, lay waste
                            "the old library will be razed on Saturday"
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              All new teams are required to play FCS football for a MINIMUM of five years. Once you've proven yourselves worthy, then you might be able to move up to a shitty FBS conference, which will be terrible for basketball. Our athletic department would not survive the massive financial drain of supporting lower tier football for god knows how many years until it turns profitable. And it's a big if that it would ever be profitable. Football is not happening. The cards are too heavily stacked against anyone with big ambitions that it's not even worth trying.
                              Source? I have never heard of a mandatory 5 year rule for Division 1 programs adding football.

Comment

• It's often been repeated, but now that I look it up it doesn't appear to be true. It doesn't change the rest of what I said though. I don't think that it's worth the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X