American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espn has 3 teams in the pre season Top 25

We just went from 68 teams to one champion, but we all want to know how our team stacks up for next season, right? Presenting your first look at the best of the best for the 2017-18 season.

Comment

• Man it would be fun to play in the AAC next year. Please make it happen. Top 25 games in conference?? I forgot what that was like. Big games mid week in January and February? That exists?
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I like cooking, dogs, and kids.
        I like cooking dogs and kids.

Don't be a psycho.

Comment

• Get on with it!

Comment

• Why wait? Make the announcement today. After about noon the NC by NC will be old news.

Comment

• OK lets look at the time line on the announcement. Monday the F4, a day of travel to get back to respective schools and offices. Another day to set the agenda and send out notices. A day to vote and tabulate results. I thinking Thursday at the earliest and Friday at the latest.

Comment

• "Members of the American Athletic Conference are preparing for Wichita State to join the league for the 2017-18 season, per a source."
                Per Rothstein

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/849258314571669505

Comment

• I'm thinking that all of the Presidents and ADs can just stop by on their drive back from Phoenix and have a presser in Wichita today. I mean, I'm sure they left on a bus together last night to save money, right? They don't drive, they fly? Oh, I'm not used to other teams flying places.

Comment

• Who would a thunk that shockernet.net would turn into piner central.

pining - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/pining
                    n a feeling of deep longing. Types: lovesickness. a pining for a loved one. Type of: hungriness, longing, yearning. prolonged unfulfilled desire or need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      "Members of the American Athletic Conference are preparing for Wichita State to join the league for the 2017-18 season, per a source."
                      Per Rothstein

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...58314571669505
                      Just heard that as well. I'm always wrong I just wanted to jump start those AAC guys. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Who would a thunk that shockernet.net would turn into piner central.

pining - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/pining
                        n a feeling of deep longing. Types: lovesickness. a pining for a loved one. Type of: hungriness, longing, yearning. prolonged unfulfilled desire or need.
                        Rosewood sounds like pinewood.

Comment

• Comment

• "Historically, when one team moves from one conference to another, a string of events usually follows. If this begins another mini-conference realignment will be something worth monitoring"

Obviously I am way more interested in what happens to WSU, but there is a part of me that is really getting excited about watching the "mini-conference realignment" he mentioned. I'll be following the MVC, Summit and Horizon (and whoever else turns up) very closely along with my constant following of WSU movements. My hope would be that the MVC takes BIG steps to position itself in the same conversation with the A10 and MWC going forward. It's make-or-break right now, MVC... You are welcome to borrow President Bardo for a few weeks if you need. He will have it taken care of in no time for you.

Comment

• Is morning wood a sense of loss?

Comment

• This thread is 302 pages long. When the announcement comes this thread deserves the very best for a send off. I propose everyone get their very best "happy dance" gifs cued up and ready for posting. It's gonna be a greAt week to be A shoCker!

Shockers up!......
                                Last edited by wheathead; April 4, 2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X