American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    If anything, You have to figure they would like to have the more compelling matchups to draw viewers. People would want to tune in to see how WSU is doing in a "bigger" conference. They don't have to renegotiate anything until contracts are up. MVC doesn't really cost them anything.
    Plus, it gives ESPN and the AAC a chance to see what having WSU in the conference will do to viewership. That can be an good thing, or a bad thing, depending on the numbers and which side of the negotiations you're on.

Comment

• FWIW. The guy on the Illinois state board that has a source says it's for 17-18. I'm willing to absorb any positive vibes.
      Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Sooner the better.

Comment

• Think about all the admin tasks associated with a move like this. There is no way on earth this happens prior to 18-19.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            Think about all the admin tasks associated with a move like this. There is no way on earth this happens prior to 18-19.
            While I agree that the logistics are challenging, most of the recent examples I can think of involve teams moving immediately. It's not like the admin duties are more complicated in this instance.

The move may not happen (if it's happening) until that time. But if it's because someone can't get excel to put new schedules together for them, I'll be very disappointed.

Comment

Think about all the admin tasks associated with a move like this. There is no way on earth this happens prior to 18-19.
              With, you know, the exception of Creighton.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                FWIW. The guy on the Illinois state board that has a source says it's for 17-18. I'm willing to absorb any positive vibes.
                PROS: Getting out of the MVC as soon as possible. Getting increased exposure to what may reasonably called our Best Team Ever.
                CONS: Missing out on one last tour of being the heels in St. Louis, where we don't even have to pretend to care about the league or any other fans.

I'll still take it. Every day. Twice on Sundays.

Comment

There are about 3 or 4 very recent examples of teams moving in shorter timeframes than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    While I agree that the logistics are challenging, most of the recent examples I can think of involve teams moving immediately. It's not like the admin duties are more complicated in this instance.

The move may not happen (if it's happening) until that time. But if it's because someone can't get excel to put new schedules together for them, I'll be very disappointed.
                    Exactly. I find it incredibly unlikely that logistics would be what stops us, the only thing that will prevent us from moving immediately is money(ESPN or trying to get more of our shares from the MVC). Right now I imagine even for fall sports like volleyball schedules have not really even been looked at yet, there are still teams probably trying to work out dates for the non-con and once those are done the conference will create the schedule. And it certainly won't impact our other fall sports like CC because that is a single event change regarding a conference tournament and that's it.

Comment

I have zero idea how any of the admin tasks take place, but surely there's some paperwork or whatnot that could have been done over the past year by both parties (I refuse to believe they just had a light bulb turn on in the last two months) so that if we crossed that bridge we could pull the trigger immediately. Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

• And yes, you can consider me volunteered to help if there are logistical/manpower limitations on getting this done.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                          FWIW. The guy on the Illinois state board that has a source says it's for 17-18. I'm willing to absorb any positive vibes.
                          I think you misread it. His source didn't say 17-18. That was prefaced with "pure guess" on the poster's part.

Comment

Easier for WSU to tell the charter where to go. The Valley is gonna have to figure out how to make up the revenue of their super bowl.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              I think you misread it. His source didn't say 17-18. That was prefaced with "pure guess" on the poster's part.
                              You are correct. Classic case of me reading what I want to happen. My bad.
                              Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                                With, you know, the exception of Creighton.
                                And Butler
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X