No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Texas and/or OU leaves, that suddenly make the BXII infinitely less attractive.

That could shift the power in favor of the AAC, and they could pouch a few of the remaining BXII teams.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      The number of teams in a conference does break these challenges. The ones I know that are currently going on are:

ACC (15 teams) / Big 10 (14)

Big 12 (10) / SEC (14)

Big 10 (14) / Big East (10) Tip Off Series

MVC (10) / MWC (11)

I don't see the P5 or Big East doing any favors for the AAC. As you can tell, the Big 10 now has 2 of these "challenges" going on.
      Don't you mean MVC 9?
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        A couple of things I failed to mention in my earlier post was the brief comments on a new deal with an unidentified apparel provider for the entire department something they have never had before.

Also said he was going to deal with a marketing strategy to have regarding WSU adopting Navy as their football team.

This is a good interview by Mike and a worthwhile listen.
        The best option, with or without football.

Excellent recap, and yes more than worth a listen. ADDB has made a case for HOF status at WSU in his 7 years here. I like Darron a lot and he's lucky to have found Kim here and together have a wonderful family and I hope he continues to look forward here at Wichita State.

This is an amazing accomplishment that is big for not only athletics, but for the city of Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats#1 View Post
          Pony94 is a good egg

LOL @ the UCONN fan who said they were carrying the AAC. In what? Women's hoops I guess. Not men's hoops. We swept them 3-0 last year. Yeah...carry on UCONN. Your coach SUCKS you losers.

Anyway, welcome WSU!!!
          SMU and Cindy fans are funny. The 2 most important things in MBB are Championships and $ (collected through winning post-season games). Obviously I don't have to list MBB Championships in the AAC.

Credits earned since joining the AAC:

UCONN - 8
          Cincinnati - 6
          SMU - 2
          Memphis - 1
          Tulsa - 1
          Temple - 1
          ECU - 0
          USF - 0
          UCF - 0
          Houston - 0
          Tulane - 0

So UCONN has been responsible for 8/19 (42%) of total credits earned. I'd say the UCONN fan is pretty accurate. Perhaps Cindy fans should find a coach who doesn't **** his pants in the post-season.

Thank God for Wichita State!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
            SMU and Cindy fans are funny. The 2 most important things in MBB are Championships and $ (collected through winning post-season games). Obviously I don't have to list MBB Championships in the AAC.

UCONN - 8
            Cincinnati - 6
            SMU - 2
            Memphis - 1
            Tulsa - 1
            Temple - 1
            ECU - 0
            USF - 0
            UCF - 0
            Houston - 0
            Tulane - 0

So UCONN has been responsible for 8/19 (42%) of total credits earned. I'd say the UCONN fan is pretty accurate. Perhaps Cindy fans should find a coach who doesn't **** his pants in the post-season.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• A huge factor, IMO, in building and maintaining a successful athletic department is enrollment. Most P5 schools have huge enrollments which means huge alumni bases. Huge alumni bases can mean huge $. Some of AAC schools sit very pretty in these areas. We aren't terrible but we could be a lot better. This move to the AAC is good. However, to succeed in this dynamic evironment our donor base needs to continue to grow whether that be through alumni numbers or community involvement.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                Don't you mean MVC 9?
                Not quite July 1st. :excitement:

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  A huge factor, IMO, in building and maintaining a successful athletic department is enrollment. Most P5 schools have huge enrollments which means huge alumni bases. Huge alumni bases can mean huge $. Some of AAC schools sit very pretty in these areas. We aren't terrible but we could be a lot better. This move to the AAC is good. However, to succeed in this dynamic evironment our donor base needs to continue to grow whether that be through alumni numbers or community involvement.
                  Thank the Lord for the Innovation Campus and building of the new dorms.

Hopefully they can get it all completed before a future SGA regime cries about paying for new and better stuff. Luckily, that shouldn't be a problem in the upcoming year or so
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    Hopefully with Lutz retired, the Eagle allows Sully to spread his wings and do more editorial content like this instead of just beat reporting.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• In the Gregg Marshall interview linked previously, Marshall was talking about Ron and Fred and then said it was time for the next group of NBA guys to show their stuff...he then mentions Landry, Markis, and Shaq! Very nice!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post

UCONN - 8
                        Cincinnati - 6
                        SMU - 2
                        Memphis - 1
                        Tulsa - 1
                        Temple - 1
                        ECU - 0
                        USF - 0
                        UCF - 0
                        Houston - 0
                        Tulane - 0

Cool story bro...how many credits did your crap team earn this year? lol

Calhoun is gone. Ollie isn't Calhoun. Have fun sinking to irrelevance. You guys were our punching bag last year and it will not be any different in the next season either. How many kids just transferred out of your POS program? lol

But hey, least you guys have football to look forward to....er wait

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats#1 View Post
                          Cool story bro...how many credits did your crap team earn this year? lol

Calhoun is gone. Ollie isn't Calhoun. Have fun sinking to irrelevance. You guys were our punching bag last year and it will not be any different in the next season either. How many kids just transferred out of your POS program? lol

But hey, least you guys have football to look forward to....er wait
                          Looking over the UCONN program like
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            Hopefully with Lutz retired, the Eagle allows Sully to spread his wings and do more editorial content like this instead of just beat reporting.
                            Won't miss him a bit. With everything on a positive uptick maybe it'll happen like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              I too had to do a double take when reading the article and look at the top to see who wrote once I read the first opinion within it. Sully is just a flat out great writer. In 20 yrs he could be regarded in similar status as Kennedy for our program.

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X