This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I know search is super important to you for the recruiting forum, so I have begun the rebuild process. It takes a looooong time to run, so I hope it fixes the problem. If not I will keep diving in tomorrow until it's fixed.
    Thanks Kung Wu, appreciate all your hard work!

Comment

Sorry if you experienced a little intermittent trouble this morning ... I had to bounce the frontend a couple of times while I added a cert and some redirect logic for www.shockernet.net. You don't want to bookmark anything with www in front of it ... we're rolling as just shockernet.net but there were lots of people still using www so I had to fix it.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        1. The page navigation buttons at the bottom of each thread are much more functional and better looking than the ones at the top. If possible it would be nice to make the thread nav tool at the top look and function more like the bottom.
        Added this to the "to-do" at the top of this Topic.

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        2. I would suggest increasing the number of threads displayed per page inside each forum. It looks like this is currently set at only 10 threads per page although stickies don't seem to count against the total. I know once basketball season gets going we could easily have more than 10 active threads at a time and I hope to avoid having to go to page 2 or 3 on a regular basis to view recent activity.
        The board default is 15, but each user can override that:

[Click your username in the upper right] --> User Settings --> Account --> Scroll down to Posts per Page and change it to what suits ya!

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          I didnt do the copy paste. I had to use img tags.
          Try testing with different types of images (GIF vs JPEG vs PNG). Maybe there is an issue with copy/paste based on the type of image?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
            1. Page load times have been long for me in many cases. I don't know if this can be improved, but everything just feels laggy at the moment.
            Added this to my to-dos at the top of the list.

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
            2. While in general, the blue arrow button seems to work, I've seen at least 1 case (the Shaq thread on the men's basketball forum), where it wasn't tracking that there were new posts. It had the thread in the appropriate chronological ordering based on how recently someone had posted, but the side display that shows who posted most recently was out of date and it had no blue arrow button to go to new posts. Yet when you clicked on the thread, there were a bunch of new posts.
            Yes, I think this may just be broken until they release 5.3.4. They have already released 5.3.4 Alpha but I won't install it until it's an official release.

Comment

I found when i copy/paste, either my ipad or the site changes the url to fake-url://.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

When viewing a 'Like' or 'Thanks' and I click on the link provided, can we have that redirect me in my current window instead of opening a new one? Low priority if it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  I found when i copy/paste, either my ipad or the site changes the url to fake-url://.
                  Apple!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Thanks Kung Wu, appreciate all your hard work!

Try searching again and let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      When viewing a 'Like' or 'Thanks' and I click on the link provided, can we have that redirect me in my current window instead of opening a new one? Low priority if it's possible.
                      Yeah, that is annoying. I'll add it the list.

Comment

Test message from the fake Kung Wu!

Comment

Try searching again and let me know!
                          Working good now.

Comment

So our SSL certificate is for https://shockernet.net You are probably hitting https://www.shockernet.net Change to the URL without the www and that will go away. Tomorrow I will work through fixing that so that you don't have to do anything (added that to my list above about 30 minutes ago).
                            Some of the links in Helpful Links are just links that have been bad even before we went over to shockernet.net, especially all the one that go to the goshockers.com web site. Here are some links that will work after you get past the certificate error (not secure message). The "not secure" message appears in one form or another for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. The message never showed up with vBulletin 4.

Men's Basketball: https://www.goshockers.com/index.aspx?path=m_bkb&

Baseball: https://www.goshockers.com/index.aspx?path=bsb&

Women's Basketball: https://www.goshockers.com/index.aspx?path=w_bkb&

Volleyball: https://www.goshockers.com/index.aspx?path=vb&

Softball: https://www.goshockers.com/index.aspx?path=sb&
                            Last edited by 1979Shocker; October 18, 2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Congress, End the Health Care Chaos. You Have 9 Million Kids to Protect.

Republicans could wreck the Children

Ignore this post ... I'm just copy/pasting from the NY Times for testing purposes.
                              Last edited by Kung Wu; October 19, 2017, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                Some of the links in Helpful Links are just links that have been bad even before we went over to shockernet.net, especially all the one that go to the goshockers.com web site. Here are some links that will work ...
                                Thanks, very helpful! I have updated them. Let me know if there are any more that are broken!

Comment

Working...
                                X