Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 923497_10152214343953805_1992277483_n.jpg
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• 1901948_10203433302782658_1629975896_n.jpg
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• “I’ve got four mutts,” Marshall said, comparing them to Wichita State’s coaches and players. “We don’t have our papers, but this is NCAA tournament basketball. . . . You don’t have to have your papers to win it.”
        :bball_spin:

Comment

• Thank you for the ride so far, ‪#‎ShockerNation‬... but we know it's just beginning. This is our time. ‪#‎WATCHUS‬
          "The city has embraced us. They love Shocker basketball, and they really appreciate not only how well these kids are doing, but just the fact that they are such quality individuals.
          I’m telling ya, this city deserves this team doing this well. These kids deserve a city and a region, if not a state or a nation, to embrace them the way we have been." - Gregg Marshall
          :poster_wu:

Comment

• "Both teams played as if the trophy was going to be handed out at the end of the game, and they were just going to call off the rest of the NCAA Tournament. That is how good that game was.That is why it hurt so much to have it end that way. That shot was supposed to go in. This run should have -- no, needed to keep going.
            I have no reason for feeling this way. I didn't go to Wichita State. I didn't go to a Missouri Valley school. I am not related to any of the players.
            And yet, something about this team made it possible to root for them while trying to remain impartial as much as possible. We stayed away from overtly defending them on the site. We didn't fight back against the criticism of the team. They did the talking themselves on the court.
            But we watched, and watched, and as they wanted us to do, we watched. Whether it was the little things that they did each game, or the way they would just make it so suffocating for the other team every night, they made you appreciate what really good basketball looks like."

Comment

• "The fact that we lost that game does not change anything. I'll go to war with you guys every day of my life... the rest of my life." 3G

Comment

• 1972457_850339301659327_2050886956_n.jpg

Comment

• You were born an original, dont die a copy
                  :apple:

Comment

• "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." -- Steve Jobs
                    :untroubled:

Comment

• “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it.” -- Elon Musk
                      :courage:

Comment

• Bob Newhart ( September 5, 1929-):
                        'I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.
                        :very_drunk:

Comment

• Ken Dodd (8 November 1927-):
                          'I have kleptomania. But when it gets bad, I take something for it.'
                          :kiwi-fruit:

Comment

• Les Dawson (1931-1993):
                            'My wife sent her photograph to the Lonely Hearts Club. They sent it back saying they weren't that lonely.'
                            :panda:

Comment

• Homer Simpson (1987-):
                              'Trying is the first step towards failure.'
                              :soap:

Comment

• Woody Allen (1 December 1935-):
                                'Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
                                :watermelon:

Comment

Working...
                                X