Israel and friends....foes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.A.E. diplomat mulls hit on Iran's nukes
    "I think it's a cost-benefit analysis," Mr. al-Otaiba said. "I think despite the large amount of trade we do with Iran, which is close to $12 billion … there will be consequences, there will be a backlash and there will be problems with people protesting and rioting and very unhappy that there is an outside force attacking a Muslim country; that is going to happen no matter what."

"If you are asking me, 'Am I willing to live with that versus living with a nuclear Iran?,' my answer is still the same: 'We cannot live with a nuclear Iran.' I am willing to absorb what takes place at the expense of the security of the U.A.E."
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
      U.A.E. diplomat mulls hit on Iran's nukes
      "I think it's a cost-benefit analysis," Mr. al-Otaiba said. "I think despite the large amount of trade we do with Iran, which is close to $12 billion … there will be consequences, there will be a backlash and there will be problems with people protesting and rioting and very unhappy that there is an outside force attacking a Muslim country; that is going to happen no matter what."

"If you are asking me, 'Am I willing to live with that versus living with a nuclear Iran?,' my answer is still the same: 'We cannot live with a nuclear Iran.' I am willing to absorb what takes place at the expense of the security of the U.A.E."
      Then maybe they should form an alliance with the other Arab nations and, *gasp* Israel, who feel the same way and bomb Iran.

But no. They expect the U.S. to spend American taxpayer dollars and lives to do their dirty work.

Comment

• The UAE ambassador is dead right. I’m sure, privately, many other Arab leaders would say the same thing.

Actually Royal your suggestion may not be all that crazy but I think the USA would have to take the lead, unfortunately. While I would certainly appreciate it if countries in the Middle East created such an alliance on their own the fact is Iran threatens us too and we have vested interest in seeing the Iranian nuclear program stopped.

The problem is the Obama Administration has a peace-process obsession and is convinced that the Palestinian issue is the key to resolving the Iranian problem (or at least that has been its justification for focusing on the issue) - “linkage” they call it – I call it nonsense on stilts.

So why not dispense with the fruitless “peace process,” round up a coalition of the willing (it is a catchy term), and make clear to Iran that if it does not voluntarily give up its nuclear program, it will face an alliance that will “disarm” it. Iran is an existential threat not only to Israel but for the moderate Arab states of the region as well.

Of course, given this Administration’s track record – I doubt anything like this is being considered at high levels.

Comment

• Saudi's announces imminent nuclear cooperation agreement with France.

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Participation in the Nuclear Club by Saudi Arabia and its Arabian Peninsula predecessor, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), could provide an atomic counterweight to Iran's ambitions on the other side of the Persian Gulf.

Comment

• Russia Says It Will Begin Fueling Iran's First Nuclear Plant Next Week
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Netanyahu's warning
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Israel Has Until Week's End to Strike Iran Nuclear Facility, Bolton Says
                "Once it's close to the reactor ... the risk is when the reactor is attacked, there will be a release of radiation into the air," Bolton told FoxNews.com. "It's most unlikely that they would act militarily after fuel rods are loaded."

Earlier Tuesday, Bolton told Fox Business Network the Israelis will have to move in the "next eight days" if they want to attack the Bushehr facility -- a reference to the window between when the start-up was announced last week and the loading date. Bolton said Tuesday that the date has fluctuated, but he described the start-up as the ultimate deadline.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Well they won't attack.

But Iran is really concerned that they might. They ran a test of the air defense with 3 drones. The drones penetrated the airsace and all three crashed into the plant killing 5. Yesterday the air defense shot down one of their f-4 who had flown into the no fly zone.

Comment

• Here's an interesting read that gives three attack option for the US/Israel and how Iran may respond to each. Worst-Case Scenarios: Possible Strike Plans for Iran Involve Risky Options
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Israel’s Checkmate on Iran
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Iran urges UN to condemn Israel's 'nuclear weapons'
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Iran offers to resume talks on nuclear program

For some reason, I don't think this means that much...
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Pat Buchanan - Broder's Brainstorm

[quote]

Comment

• So, this thread has been Israel and everybody else. So, Netanyahu to Obama: Jerusalem is not a settlement
                              “Israel does not see any connection between the peace process and the policy of planning and construction in Jerusalem, which has not changed in 40 years,” the statement continued. “For the last 40 years every Israeli government built in every part of the city. During that period, peace agreements were signed with Egypt and Jordan, and for 17 years direct negotiations were held with the Palestinians. These are historical facts. Construction in Jerusalem has never interfered with the peace process.”
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Bolton: Military strike only way to stop Iran nukes
                                “Both our friends and our adversaries alike have assessed this as a very weak administration, uncomfortable with asserting American interests or defending them, particularly through the use of force internationally,”
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X