Israel and friends....foes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Are these "Western intelligience sources" the same ones who were certain that Iraq had WMDs? (I'm not saying they certainly did not, but the intelligence has proven false so far.)
    When you have a country that used WMD's to kill over 200,000 of it's own people, can you take a chance?

The 2nd Iraq war was not about whether Saddam had a secret WMD program or not - it was about complying with U.N. Security council resolutions that required complete disclosure and verifiable dismantling of all existing WMD in country. Saddam refused for whatever reason and faced the consequences.

The Iraq survey group didn't find stockpiles of WMD's but what they did find was the ability to restart their WMD's. There were large production facilities for pesticides (which are the precursors to chemical weapons) and giant chlorine gas plants (mustard gas).

The Iraqi military was storing huge caches of pesticides in their ammo dumps. So there are two conclusions you might come to:

1) Iraqi's wanted to insure their ammo dumps where bug free, or

2) They were stockpiling material and precursors so they could relaunch production of their WMD once the world got tired of it all.

Ultimately Saddam misjudged the world, he though the U.S. wouldn't have the stomach for an invasion of Iraq and he misjudged the world as he thought those he had on their pay roll would some how advert it all. He was wrong.

Comment

• There is an Iraqi General who's said a large shipment was sent to Syria I believe right before the invasion. He's seemed pretty sure that some suspect weapons were aboard. Never heard much more about it but have read a couple of interviews with him in the past.

It's a shame the U.N. is so damn weak that they can't/won't enforce thier own resolutions. Is there a more worthless organization around?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
        There is an Iraqi General who's said a large shipment was sent to Syria I believe right before the invasion. He's seemed pretty sure that some suspect weapons were aboard. Never heard much more about it but have read a couple of interviews with him in the past.

It's a shame the U.N. is so damn weak that they can't/won't enforce thier own resolutions. Is there a more worthless organization around?
        Congress?

Comment

• Israel: Iran Close to Nuclear Weapon
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Iran: Israel Within Reach
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Goodbye Tehran, don't let the door hit your 16 virgins in the arse on the way out.

Comment

• Signs are pointing to a major war about to break out in the middle east driven by Iran to divert world attention from their own issues.

1. Narallah Hezbollah has said there will be new war in 2010 (indicating it will be of a time for their chosing).

2. Hizballa, Hamas and Syria signed a defense pack in late 2009

3. Mahmoud Al-Mabhouh (Palestinian arm smuggler) was assassinated couple weeks ago in Dubai. Middle Eastern countries all believe it was at the hand of Israel.

4. Syria Assad told press that if Israel attacked Hezbollah in S. Lebanon that Syria would intervene. Israeli Foreign minister has said that "Assad must be told bluntly," he said, "that in the next war, not only will Syria be beaten but he and his family will lose power. You will not remain in power, and neither will your family."

Comment

• I'm honestly surprised we've gone this long without conflict.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Israel Warns Iran That 'Bad Options' are Nearing
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• ranking of the world's largest terrorist threats:

1) united states
                      2) israel
                      3) iran
                      4) al-qaeda
                      5) north korea

Comment

• I think the U.S. should bring home all deployed military personnel, destroy all our weapons, disband the CIA. They can all remain employed by the government - but turn them into flower farmers, raising tulips and other pretty plants to be given to our enemies as Random Acts of Kindness.

Comment

Hillary got the Saudi's to promise the Chinese to guarantee to offset any oil shortfalls if they would go along with the National Security Council. The Chinese refused.

Word is slowly trickling out that the Saudi and UAE are not very happy with the present administration because they are holding back Israel but also dropping the push for sanctions. Now Gates has told the Saudi's - ok, you build the world support for Iranian sanction if you want them.

Comment

• Our enemies there have always known they just have to wait on us to lose our will, then they can have their way with us. The election of Obama simply shortened their wait.

Saddam Hussein believed that, he just mis-calculated Bush's resolve. Obama's only resolve is to advertise our departure date.

Comment

• Most of the Middle East cannot be happy with how we're handling things. Hell, I think most of this country probably isn't happy with how we're handling things. They won't be when things get worse. Israel is the only country over there capable and willing to do something and they've shown a lot of restraint by listening to Obama but it won't last much longer. Sadly, when Israel does act, we probably won't be there to support them. And that's a huge shame.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sadly, when Israel does act, we probably won't be there to support them. And that's a huge shame.
                                Ezekiel option

Comment

Working...
                                X