Legalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
    Fair points by many on poppy seeds and not much being processed etc. Seems to more there is more going on with turning poppy seeds in to opium et al than pot. And yes, I read the article. Opium is "manufactured" - pot is not. That seems like that makes my point, does it not?

But maybe I might be slicing it kind of thin. But I guess I go back to the point that pot is a plant.

Are you serious? What in the living hell do you think “processed” means and why is it bad? Let me lay out for you my opium manufacturing farm:

Poppies are grown and the flower falls off.

The pod is slit open and the natural latex is scraped out.

The latex is laid out to dry.

The latex is smoked in a stylish dragon shaped pipe.

Wheat grain goes through more “processing/manufacturing” than that.

POPPIES are a plant. They produce opium. Wheat is a plant. It produces flour grain. Marijuana is a plant. It produces weed.

If your reasoning and understanding is typical of pot smoking legalization advocates, it’s a miracle it’s come so far.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Cyanide is organic. Must be good.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Are you serious? What in the living hell do you think “processed” means and why is it bad? Let me lay out for you my opium manufacturing farm:

Poppies are grown and the flower falls off.

The pod is slit open and the natural latex is scraped out.

The latex is laid out to dry.

The latex is smoked in a stylish dragon shaped pipe.

Wheat grain goes through more “processing/manufacturing” than that.

POPPIES are a plant. They produce opium. Wheat is a plant. It produces flour grain. Marijuana is a plant. It produces weed.

If your reasoning and understanding is typical of pot smoking legalization advocates, it’s a miracle it’s come so far.
        Umm opium is manufactured. Do you think there isn't a difference between marijuana and opium? I am not an advocate of legalization. I don't care. But it is going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Cyanide is organic. Must be good.
          Is cyanide a plant ?

Comment

Umm opium is manufactured. Do you think there isn't a difference between marijuana and opium? I am not an advocate of legalization. I don't care. But it is going to happen.
            Please explain the manufacturing process for opium and the core differences between that and marijuana. You don’t seem to understand that opium is EXACTLY the same as marijuana, just a different part of the plant because poppies are flowers and marijuana is a weed. It’s the same. Your argument is one is not manufactured but the other one is. They’re either both or neither.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Is cyanide a plant ?
              It comes directly from plants. Peach pits contain cyanide, as do many other plants. Approximately 10 crushed peach pits can be a lethal dose of cyanide.

The whole idea of something being good, or less bad because of being organic, or less processed is just banal, and I rarely type banal, but that is exactly what the organic or less processed is, banal.

I've seen the whole organic and natural discussion bantered around by legalization advocates and petitioners for years. It sells good when as a society we have organic and non-gmo shoved down our faces everyday. The organic and non-gmo food debate should never have crossed over into a discussion on plants intended to be smoked. Little, if any of the weed smoked is either organic or non-gmo anyway. Pot didn't become potent because of organic or being non-gmo; its been cross bred, had its genetics tinkered with and grown in some of the most unorganic soil. And forget about hydroponics, that crap is all chemically enhanced. Yet we hear that its not as bad as other stuff because the end product has little processing. As I said, banal.

Here is an article promoting organic weed practices, as you can see, very little of the weed smoked is organic, and most laced with chemicals and pesticides.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• You used the word organic, I didn't. I don't know how else to say it. I find marijuana at least a little bit different, maybe a lot, than other drugs, because the plant is grown and smoked.

Call the argument banal if you wish. Of course other bad things like ricin come from plants, If you don't see any differences between cyanide, ricin and other things than marijuana, I don't know what else to say.

Comment

Please explain the manufacturing process for opium and the core differences between that and marijuana. You don’t seem to understand that opium is EXACTLY the same as marijuana, just a different part of the plant because poppies are flowers and marijuana is a weed. It’s the same. Your argument is one is not manufactured but the other one is. They’re either both or neither.
                  I guess we just agree to disagree. Opium is manufactured from a plant, marijuana is not. It is hardly "exactly" the same thing.

Comment

• I guess to summarize, I find pot different than opium, meth, cocaine etc. If others don't find a difference that is a-ok.

Also, it is going to be legal in Kansas in some form at some point. All of our neighboring states have some form of legal pot. And I agree that "medical marijuana" is a farce and only a step toward full legalization. I do not see a serious public discussion about legalizing other drugs anytime soon.

But if the argument that pot is okay because adults can make their own decisions, than what are your thoughts about legalizing other drugs? I suppose that is where it has be to be argued that pot is simply different.

Comment

• I found this to be a fair article on the subject and a great example of critical thinking:

With legal marijuana easier to find, a Harvard professor addresses myths and progress finding answers about pot’s health impacts.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        I found this to be a fair article on the subject and a great example of critical thinking:

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...and-addiction/
                        Great article. Thanks for sharing. I certainly learned quite a bit.

Comment

I guess we just agree to disagree. Opium is manufactured from a plant, marijuana is not. It is hardly "exactly" the same thing.
                          You don’t understand the meaning of the word “manufacture”. I won’t agree to disagree because I am working in the realm of reality and common meaning. You are working in the world of religious zealot in which a simple misunderstanding causes you to reject reality.

Your unwillingness to engage in a simple request: to define the difference in the manufacturing process, which I laid out for you, shows that you are a bad faith actor.

I need no chemicals, tools, or facilities to make opium. You can put that in your pipe and some it!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

I guess to summarize, I find pot different than opium, meth, cocaine etc. If others don't find a difference that is a-ok.
                            Pot and opium are different, just barely, than cocaine, and quite a bit different than meth. Pot and opium differ only in the species of plant. The fact that you are unwilling or unable to distinguish makes you a moron or ass.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

But if the argument that pot is okay because adults can make their own decisions, than what are your thoughts about legalizing other drugs? I suppose that is where it has be to be argued that pot is simply different.
                              The “pot is different” argument is as effective as “alcohol is different”. It’s not in any substantial way. They are all the same and should be legal.

Livin the dream

Comment

Pot and opium are different, just barely, than cocaine, and quite a bit different than meth. Pot and opium differ only in the species of plant. The fact that you are unwilling or unable to distinguish makes you a moron or ass.
                                Wow. Such hostility. If you think pot and opium are the same or similar, than I will agree to disagree whether you do or not. I am not a zealot for the legalization of pot. The article you posted described the poppy to opium process as "manufactured" - so take it up with the author.

If you find my "plant" distinction as weak, that is certainly fair. But pot and opium are far from the same thing. I certainly don't think you are an ass or moron for not agreeing.

Do you think this author is a moron are an ass? Opium vs. Weed - What's the Difference? (willowspringsrecovery.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X