Legalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Dude at the counter didn't do his job. Too bad that it likely happens regularly.
    Just curious, are you ever going to answer my questions or are you just virtue signaling?
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Correct. So how many years have to go by before it is legalized since the 25 year slow roll isn’t slow enough? How much more illegal do we need to make it for minors, or are you okay with legalization as long as laws against minors are enforced?

I don't think I'm virtue signaling, but you may have a different view. Has it been 25 years in Colorado?

Comment

• My wife had an idea: Legalize pot, but ALL pot growers are required by law to lace their pot with an oral contraceptive.

She's not only hot, she's a genius!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I don't think I'm virtue signaling, but you may have a different view. Has it been 25 years in Colorado?
          Colorado? No. California? Also no. It's been 26 years there.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Though California, as one would expect, has over taxed and over regulated it so much that the black market still thrives.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

California? Also no. It's been 26 years there.
              California is really messed up, and people are leaving in droves. My thought on the Golden state as a rule, is anything California does, the opposite is the way to go. Estimates in 2022 is There are close to one hundred thousand homeless in L. A. alone. How much of that is a drug and mental health problem?
              Last edited by Shockm; July 12, 2022, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• LA had a huge homeless issue long before legalization. The homeless problems in California have much more to do with taxes and the insane cost of living and over-regulation of the housing industry than drugs. Mental health is generally a large part of it as well as many of those people struggle with so many things that aren't drug related.

California really supported the tech industry and was a place for that to grow. So are you saying that Wichita and Kansas as a whole should avoid anything tech related in industry because California is a major hub for it?

Marijuana has nothing to do with the problems facing California or why people are leaving it. Big government and over regulation and taxation of pretty much everything is the reason for it.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

It’s been 25 years in California. I’m just trying to understand your points. You said it should be slower. What does that mean. You said protect the children. If not a ban, then what does that mean?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

California is really messed up, and people are leaving in droves. My thought on the Golden state as a rule, is anything California does, the opposite is the way to go. Estimates in 2022 is There are close to one hundred thousand homeless in L. A. alone. How much of that is a drug and mental health problem?
                    Okay, so you reject California without evidence. How slow does this need to be rolled out and what are the steps to get there? What child protections need to be put in place.

You seem to really be avoiding answering these questions. Are they not clear?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• AOL - Wichita city council, police clash over possible decriminalization of marijuana

During a workshop on Tuesday, interim chief Lemuel Moore told council members that even if they repealed the city ordinance on marijuana, officers would have to enforce state law.

“We can have discretion when it comes to infractions, but when it comes to the law, the law is the law,” Moore said.

The concern for some council members is that police resources would be better spent going after more dangerous crimes than people who have personal amounts of marijuana.

Wichita citizens have a history of trying to decriminalize marijuana, including a failed 2014 petition to make offenses a civil penalty and a voter-approved 2015 petition that would have reduced the penalty for first-time possession of small amounts of marijuana and paraphernalia. The successful petition led to a lawsuit by Attorney General Derek Schmidt and eventually it was dismissed on a technicality by the Kansas Supreme Court.

The state’s highest court didn’t rule on the constitutionality of reducing penalties.
                      So, it sounds like the police chief is saying that they would continue to waste manpower on marijuana even though the city would essentially dismiss any arrests.

Council member Tuttle is all about refer madness and basically believes that statistics provided by the Pew Research Center aren't real.

And then one of the police captains is quoted about how edibles target children because they're fruity. As if adults don't enjoy flavored candies.

I get that some people have good faith reasons for not liking it, but when such weak arguments are used it's hard to take them seriously.

It's still only a matter of time before this debate is in the past, but for now, he we are.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• If you're an adult, and the fruity, childlike nature of edibles is an effective draw to your attention, then we might be starting to focus in on the genesis of the real issues at play.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          If you're an adult, and the fruity, childlike nature of edibles is an effective draw to your attention, then we might be starting to focus in on the genesis of the real issues at play.
                          Are you saying you never partake in any candies, or sweets in general? I still love candy of all kinds, including fruity candies and rice krispy treats that were also mentioned in the article. Having a sweet tooth doesn't end when you turn 18 or 21.

And as I've said in the past, when it comes to consumption of cannabis, a lot of people have no desire to smoke it for numerous reasons.

Anyone who thinks that these products are specifically designed to target children are delusional. Adults generally like things that taste good. If they didn't, we'd all be eating kale on a regular basis.

I also have at least a handful of friends who make occasional trips to Colorado for edibles. The gummies are quite popular. I know a few that use them to help them sleep, and they swear that they work. I know one that uses them to help with pain management. A couple of others use them to help with their anxiety and swear by them. They all, to the best of my knowledge, like the sweet and fruity tastes because it makes it easier to ingest.

I'm curious as to what kind of edibles you would find acceptable for adults so you wouldn't deem them 'childlike'. You're obviously opposed to the gummies, but then are you also opposed to cookies or brownies or things along those lines? Do you believe that edibles shouldn't have any sweetness to them at all? Should they simply be bland?

By this logic, should no adult ever order anything mac and cheese at a restaurant since it's always an option on the kids menu? Same with chicken strips? If we're giving children sole custody of candy, why not other things as well?

I choose not to partake, but again, I still buy candy for myself often. I generally have a small stockpile of candy at home.

But all of this also gets away from the point of the article and what the council is at least considering. The WPD focusing on cannabis, especially in relatively small amounts, is a waste of resources and money. It's also not a valid reason to potentially ruin lives of people not harming a single soul.

I believe someone on the council was also worried about how this would effect employment in certain fields, but fails to realize that private business could still require sobriety and test for it if they choose to believe it's important to the job at hand. Essentially, that shouldn't be a concern for the councilperson. Private business can take care of itself and if people want to partake in some cannabis from time to time they can choose not to work jobs that don't allow it. It's pretty simple. Hell, there are still businesses in Colorado that test for cannabis as a part of employment. Just because it's legal, or potentially decriminalized in Wichita, doesn't mean it's a free for all and every business has to accept it. We still test and fire for people who are over indulging on alcohol, and it's perfectly legal.

Do you have issues with fruity flavored alcohol too? Are those targeted towards children in your eyes? I've quite enjoyed some blackberry flavored whiskey before as well as different flavors of vodka and rum. All of which have been fruity and/or sweet in nature.

Or do you just have a problem with cannabis in general and looking for any way to make it evil? This is the same shyte logic used to try and ban flavored ecigs. I hate tobacco and the smoke it produces and I would rather be around someone vaping a watermelon (or any other fruit) cartridge, and have been. People argue they're targeted towards kids and simply ignore the fact that a lot of adults prefer things that taste good, which I've already mentioned. And in this case, they smell much better as well.

Selling such things to kids is illegal. That's where the line should be drawn. Not that kids might find it appealing so we won't let adults make the choice to have it.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I HATE kale!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I HATE kale!
                              You're such a child :)
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Fine. But I ain't eatin' no damn kale.

Comment

Working...
                                X