Johnson/Weld 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson/Weld 2016

Now that Gary Johnson has received an official endorsement from the editorial staff of a major metropolitan newspaper I thought perhaps he and his running mate, Bill Weld, deserve a thread of their own.

Gary received a very glowing endorsement from the Richmond (VA) Times-Dispatch after personally meeting with and being interviewed by their editorial board.

Johnson is polling at 12% in recent Investors Business Daily poll.

He is inching closer to being included in the Presidential debates but it may be too little to late for him to crack that nut. But we will see. Not sure how much one newspaper endorsement can help much.

I have seen polls showing that 60% to 62% of respondents beleive Johnson should be included in the debates. Atlhough I doubt that will have much influence over the Rebulican-Democrat Party controlled CPD.

Still this is pretty unusual. I read somewhere that even Ross Perot failed to garner any major newspaper endorsements.

Not nearly as significant but the Cornell University Republicans also came out yesterday with an endorsement of Gary Johnson.

Johnson polls very well with millennials.

The College Republican groups at Harvard and Penn State have also said they could not endorse Trump but they have not yet endorsed any other candidate.

It will be interesting to see if these endorsements prove to be ice breakers for Johnson are just isolated one-off outliers.

BTW, the New York Federation of College Republicans is revoking the credentials of the Cornell University Repubicans over this endorsement.

Page not Found Sorry we can't find what you're looking for. The url you requested is unavailable or has been removed. You may be able to find it by using search or browsing the homepage.

Very Trump-like I must say.

Here is a viewpoint supporting Cornell and comdemning the NY Federation of College Republicans alleged attempt to silence and intimidate those who they consider "out-of-line".

As the Donald would say all publicity is good publicity.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 4, 2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Here is a website that does a good job showing his positions on the issues

I hope he can be in the debates.

Comment

Get More PolitiStickRead: http://PolitiStick.comLike: https://www.facebook.com/PolitiStickFollow: https://twitter.com/ThePolitiStickVideo from Townhall

Pass.

Comment

I'm probably the only registered Libertarian on shockernet. After years, heck decades, of watching the party flounder for various reasons, I'm a jaded "no" on Gary Johnson. I hope he gets to debate, because the de facto two party system is irritating. But Trump is better for the country right now than Johnson. And Trump is FAAAAAR better than Hillary for the country.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I'm probably the only registered Libertarian on shockernet. After years, heck decades, of watching the party flounder for various reasons, I'm a jaded "no" on Gary Johnson. I hope he gets to debate, because the de facto two party system is irritating. But Trump is better for the country right now than Johnson. And Trump is FAAAAAR better than Hillary for the country.
            I'm curios as to why you believe this, especially since you've been aligned with the Libertarian party.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              I'm curios as to why you believe this, especially since you've been aligned with the Libertarian party.
              Will discuss when not on my phone.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I agree on more things with Johnson/Weld than I do on any other platform. Some of the things I don't agree with, I think they'd have a hard time implementing. So to me, right now, they're the best alternative to either major party. More than anything it'd be nice to see some fat get cut out of the budget and congress needs to be held accountable. Passing all their legislation doesn't check them, I think vetoes are needed for change, and I also think term limits in congress are needed.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I'm really leaving this way. I can't vote Trump and won't vote Hillary.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Im not happy voting Johnson- Weld, but it's the best we have.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

So far they aren't gaining traction. They've been at 9 percent for quite a while. It's still throwing your vote down the drain. In Kansas, Trump will still win. Is Nebraska going Trump or Clinton because you will be giving your vote away depending on who makes you hold your nose more.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        It's still throwing your vote down the drain.
                        It's only "throwing your vote down the drain" because so many people believe it's throwing your vote down the drain. The fewer people spreading this argument, the more likely it is that a third party could win.

Further, even if it's guaranteed that Clinton or Trump wins, the more votes a third party gets, the more traction third parties will receive. Ideally, this means that Republicans and Democrats will model their politics based on what the voters want. And if they don't listen, third parties will start winning elections, but the voting must start at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          It's only "throwing your vote down the drain" because so many people believe it's throwing your vote down the drain. The fewer people spreading this argument, the more likely it is that a third party could win.

Further, even if it's guaranteed that Clinton or Trump wins, the more votes a third party gets, the more traction third parties will receive. Ideally, this means that Republicans and Democrats will model their politics based on what the voters want. And if they don't listen, third parties will start winning elections, but the voting must start at some point.
                          I just mentioned facts. They've gained zero from the get go. If they don't start gaining in the polls soon, I don't see your argument. If they get to 15-20% maybe they have a pathway. It isn't happening yet and if it doesn't, you are electing a Democrat to. Third term.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            I just mentioned facts. They've gained zero from the get go. If they don't start gaining in the polls soon, I don't see your argument. If they get to 15-20% maybe they have a pathway. It isn't happening yet and if it doesn't, you are electing a Democrat to. Third term.
                            I'm always surprised by this logic. You're saying that one vote can literally change who gets elected between Clinton and Trump but it cannot push the country toward a third party.

Maybe the reason "they've gained zero from the get go" is because everyone keeps telling people that voting for a third party is the equivalent of not voting.

Comment

funny clip from the movie Austin powers - the spy who shagged me.it looks like a ......https://www.instagram.com/miki.pejic/
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X