No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I came across this organizational psychology article from McKinsey and Company. I would invite anyone who is interested to read it and I would like to hear what, if any, of these leadership traits would apply to Trump and what ones don't:
    Know how to project power, counsels Stanford management professor Bob Sutton, since those you lead need to believe you have it for it to be effective. And to lock in your team’s loyalty, boldly defend their backs.

Comment

• Here's another one from Forbes, which appears to be at least a little prophetic regarding Trump's management style:
      Is Donald Trump an innovator or a narcissist? Rate how Trump scores on this checklist of key qualities that define true leadership. The October 2015 GOP presidential debates will determine which candidates stay in the ring and which will be eliminated. If Trump is to sustain his top-ranked position in the Republican polls, he needs to demonstrate true leadership chops and focus on new outcomes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        I agree. I think it's a shame we had to choose between two arrogant crooks. I chose Trump, I'm disappointed in him, he does not act presidential, he lies all the time and he really needs to have an adult take his twitter account away.

Having said all that, I don't think it would be much different if Hillary would have won, except I don't think Hillary would have been as brazen in handling the whole Russia thing as Trump has.

He has never had an adult tell him he can't do anything, so he thinks everything he does is OK. It isn't.

I'm also disappointed about how he throws his entire cabinet under the bus on a whim. When I'm at work I like to think I have a boss who has my back. The only thing Trump has behind his employee's back is a knife. It's hard for anyone to be a high performer if their boss is constantly undermining their position and is so insecure he has to have a press conference where all of you have to tell him what a wonderful person he is. True leaders lead by example, they are not so insecure they must constantly be told how wonderful they are. Just goes to show that Trump is also a horrible leader. He gets his respect as a consequence of his position, not by treating his employees with respect and empathy.

I tend to believe Comey over Trump, but I think he's a bit of a drama queen at times. That means he's prone to some exaggeration, but I don't think he is a liar like Trump is.
        If you keep score, Comey may be more believable than Trump and I will not defend Trump (who will only be here for 4 years, at the most 8-never the less a short time). However, I guess, I just expect more professionalism from our intelligence services including the FBI. With all the leaks, all they care about is bringing Trump down and their leader is Comey. Our country should be who they serve. All of their reputations have been damaged (I think) by their efforts to destroy Trump.

Comment

Last edited by Kung Wu; June 26, 2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            If you keep score, Comey may be more believable than Trump and I will not defend Trump (who will only be here for 4 years, at the most 8-never the less a short time). However, I guess, I just expect more professionalism from our intelligence services including the FBI. With all the leaks, all they care about is bringing Trump down and their leader is Comey. Our country should be who they serve. All of their reputations have been damaged (I think) by their efforts to destroy Trump.
            Another spot on post. I absolutely agree with all this. Plus Comey handled the situation with Hillary very poorly. I understand that there was no precedent as to what Hillary did, just making the observation that if this was the best his management team could come up with, their solution was very poor.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
              Being self absorbed to an extent is good for leaders. They aren't afraid of what people think of them and this allows them to be confident in their decisions. I do think that good qualified people don't run for president due to anxiety as well as people who don't want to be in the limelight or hated by half the country on no matter what. I mean they were going after obama for mustard choices and a tan suit. Who would want that type of magnifying glass.

Edit: think of Marshall. He is pretty cocky but obviously ablr able lead. We all love him because he is our coach but if he wasn't we wouldn't like him
              I don't think I'd ever consider being self-absorbed a good leadership trait. That means that he's only looking out for himself. Confidence and self-absorption might be difficult to discern from the outside, but they are very different in their basis.
              Livin the dream

Comment

What a day for Republicans:

WH exposed for trying to gag the press
                Congressional GOP can't figure out how to write an ACA repeal that anyone likes
                Trump admitted to being a lying, manipulative POS
                Revelations confirming that Trump asked Intel chiefs to refute collusion claims
                More revelations that not only were voter rolls hacked before the election, but they were altered, specifically targeting Democrats
                Thanks. I was wondering what MSNBC might be talking about instead of the democrats being 0-5. Now I can save a couple minutes and not have to check them out. BTW, did you hear, bats are about to become extinct. Isn't that terrible?

Comment

• I haven't fact-checked this, but USA Today probably checked this out. It would be fairly easy for them to do that.

Trump got a standing ovation for promising that he would have legislation enacted that would prevent immigrants from being eligible for welfare for 5 years. Bill Clinton signed that law in 1996.

Bill Clinton signed a law in 1996 barring immigrants from receiving federal benefits, like food stamps and Medicaid. But the "proposal" got cheers in Iowa.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Again, all you care about is liberal tears and not how it will actually impact peoplem.
                    Super honest question. You believe that Trump is bad. That's what I have gathered from your responses. If I say I agree with you, now what?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• What did he say about tapes?

Comment

The thing is no one here post the bad things trump does... he just admitted he lied about the tapes... yet no discussion of that..only more liberal tears.... again it is such a circle jerk around here, that I present an opposite view so people don't stay in their echo chambers
                        So you just want to be the contrary opinion?

Trump tweeted on May 12, in response to a New York Times report about Comey's dinner with Trump, that Comey "better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

"With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are 'tapes' or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings," Trump tweeted.

If your goal is to change the minds of the conservative collectorate, you will need to be on point with facts. No objective person will come to your conclusion.

"he just admitted he lied about the tapes"
                        Livin the dream

Comment

.... again it is such a circle jerk around here, that I present an opposite view so people don't stay in their echo chambers
                          I was in one once where I finished 1st and 4th, but I've always been competitive like that. I won $18, but honestly I would have done it for free

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            So you just want to be the contrary opinion?

Trump tweeted on May 12, in response to a New York Times report about Comey's dinner with Trump, that Comey "better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

"With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are 'tapes' or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings," Trump tweeted.

If your goal is to change the minds of the conservative collectorate, you will need to be on point with facts. No objective person will come to your conclusion.

"he just admitted he lied about the tapes"
                            where is the lie?

Comment

• I mean, Trump pretty clearly implied he had tapes of Comey, but that's also not a lie, right? That's deceptive, and I wish Trump supporters would recognize it for what it is (Trump trying to intimidate Comey), but I definitely don't see a lie.

I'm not a "liar" when I pump my fist after getting a 2 and a 7 in Texas Hold'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                                I mean, Trump pretty clearly implied he had tapes of Comey, but that's also not a lie, right? That's deceptive, and I wish Trump supporters would recognize it for what it is (Trump trying to intimidate Comey), but I definitely don't see a lie.

I'm not a "liar" when I pump my fist after getting a 2 and a 7 in Texas Hold'em.
                                Most people would fold, but if you can pull it off, it's called gamesmanship.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X