No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um yeah, because we just know Blessed Saint Donald could do no wrong. Horseshit!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Was that said? I missed that.
      It wasn't specifically said, but the elements of that statement seem to all be in place.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Um yeah, because we just know Blessed Saint Donald could do no wrong. Horseshit!
        I agree that he could be guilty of a crime. There is an investigation underway, and if the evidence is convincing, then I'm on board. I haven't seen anything yet, but it's early.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• So far there is nothing. Nothing.

Comment

• Hope you let go of Flynn is nothing. I insist you let Flynn go would be something.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
              Lol.....whatever you choose to believe.
              LOL............I guess we'll see if there are charges

Comment

Best thing about today is this proves that the NYT and WashPost are not fake news. This validates their reporting. So yes we have leakers but if they are leaking to save America and the public, I'll take that over a largely treasonous admin

Anyone who believes the New York Times is fake news isn't going to be persuaded differently so easily. If you can delude yourself into thinking one of the most respected and prominent newspapers in the country is putting out untrue misinformation, you're probably not going to be convinced otherwise.

Comment

• One thing that hasn't been talked about here is what Trump's twitter habits mean other than just a general "he looks silly" discussion.

There was some debate early on about whether Trump is allowed to delete tweets. Now there's a debate about whether he is allowed to block users. It seems to me if the tweets are "official statements" from the president, like Sean Spicer said, then the president definitely shouldn't be allowed to block users.

I'm the most interested to see if this is just an aberration and the next presidents will all go back to being normal, well-polished politicians in their media presence. Alternatively, this could be the first of a new generation of presidents where they actively call out their opponents publicly and by twitter handle.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                    One thing that hasn't been talked about here is what Trump's twitter habits mean other than just a general "he looks silly" discussion.

There was some debate early on about whether Trump is allowed to delete tweets. Now there's a debate about whether he is allowed to block users. It seems to me if the tweets are "official statements" from the president, like Sean Spicer said, then the president definitely shouldn't be allowed to block users.

I'm the most interested to see if this is just an aberration and the next presidents will all go back to being normal, well-polished politicians in their media presence. Alternatively, this could be the first of a new generation of presidents where they actively call out their opponents publicly and by twitter handle.
                    If they are official public statements, then you are correct that they shouldn't be deleted or able to block users. Minor transgression in my mind, but something to keep an eye on.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

If they are official public statements, then you are correct that they shouldn't be deleted or able to block users. Minor transgression in my mind, but something to keep an eye on.
                      Yeah, I don't want anyone to get the idea that on today of all days the "scandal" I'm paying attention to is blocking twitter followers.

I just think it's interesting to think that we might actually be laying the foundation of law for future presidents right now.

Comment

Nonetheless, a poor reflection on Trump. He's so stupid he doesn't know how to consult his legal staff to see what is acceptable, what is unacceptable, and what will get him in trouble. Most corporations I've ever worked for the executive staff obtained a legal opinion before they started doing stupid things, as if they did not they would be shot at sunrise.

Just another data point that reflects on his personality, character, and inability to take advantage of good counsel. Along with me scratching my head and wondering how he ever made his money. He's really not very smart, not at least in the sense of being able to leverage advice and collaboration.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Hope you let go of Flynn is nothing. I insist you let Flynn go would be something.
                          Disagree. If you've ever worked for someone, you would know there is no difference between those two statements.

One is a indirect, veiled statement, hinting at future problems. Something execs do when they want to 'get you on their team'. The other, is rather obvious and speaks for itself.

Comment

• I read Comey's statement. Maybe something else will come out, but there is nothing so far.

Comment

Hope you let go of Flynn is nothing?

Going on tv with Lester Holt and saying he fired Comey because of the pressure of the russia investigation is nothing?

People will see what they want even if that makes them blind.
                              "People will see what they want even if that makes them blind." I would say look in the mirror but in this context your the blind one.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                                Disagree. If you've ever worked for someone, you would know there is no difference between those two statements.

One is a indirect, veiled statement, hinting at future problems. Something execs do when they want to 'get you on their team'. The other, is rather obvious and speaks for itself.
                                My wife talks to me that way all the time,and you are right, my wellbeing depends on my recognizing there is no difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X