Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

BTW, and just for the record, I think Trump could have blunted some of the impact if he had acted sooner, but even if we had the 'best crisis president' (which Trump is not - good leaders are honest and open, Trump just lies too much) we would have had a mess on our hands.

For instance.....Mississippi's governor "Tater" Tate did not order a shelter in place until way, way too late. Seems like the death rate amongst younger people is tied to obesity. And who has the #1 obesity rate in the country? Mississippi. Watch their death rate, I'm betting by the time this is over with, they will have a substantially higher death rate than most places. If our president had ordered the entire country to shelter in place, would it have made a difference? You can make your own mind up, but you seem to be a reasonable person (and a science-based kind of a guy).

So, has he made it worse by not doing the right things? Of course, but this still would have been a big mess no matter who was in charge. Same with Bush during Katrina. Disasters like this come attached with a certain amount of residual blame (i.e. unavoidable, no matter if you did all the right things at the right time, there would STILL be people blaming them).

And don't even start me going about putting Kushner in charge of this. I don't buy his obvious notion that his gene pool (and his family's gene pool) trumps scientific, medical and logical expertise. There are more qualified people under his nose, but he thinks 'incest is best'.
    In some remote, isolated land, a village is missing their idiot.

Comment

• Trump campaign donating meals to hospitals during coronavirus crisis

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ls-coronavirus

Not exactly sure how they determined the Trump Campaign was the anonymous donor but one of those Wasinton leak situations I suppose.

Comment

• I can see Trump now...”you sure we’re going to get credit for this anonymous donation?”
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Also, “what’s all this canned stuff? Let’s get them some Big Macs, for crying out loud!...what do you mean McDonald’s is closed? This is a pandemic, not hell! Donate some fish cleaner to the McDonald’s and get these guys back to work!”
          Livin the dream

Comment

• More like, "That restaurant is owned by a Russian expat, there's the missing evidence!"
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• So many memes of the left knew how.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• The TDS is strong in this one:

Bob Kraft sends the Patriots plane to China to pick up 1.7 million masks to help in the fight with Wuhan Flu.

Dopey Jemelle Hill’s response: “This is where I remind people that Robert Kraft is friends with Donald Trump”

haha

derrrrrrr

Comment

• As our erudite and incommunicado Shockernetter used to say -ahem- "low-hanging fruit."

tds-is-like-02c7b0c902.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Trump campaign donating meals to hospitals during coronavirus crisis

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ls-coronavirus

Not exactly sure how they determined the Trump Campaign was the anonymous donor but one of those Wasinton leak situations I suppose.
                    Bump. People blaming Trump when this man was advising the President. This man with 36 years studying infectious diseases. This was on January 21st people. I think it is safe to safe everyone underestimated the impact. Even career professionals.
                    “Well, obviously you need to take it seriously. And do the kinds of things that the CDC and the Department of Homeland Security are doing, but this is not a major threat for the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

In some remote, isolated land, a village is missing their idiot.
                      That's not true, I was just told they found you!!!

Comment

• Exposing liars, one at a time...

EJCLukhUwAAd17m.jpg

#AnchorsAweigh

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          Exposing liars, one at a time...

EJCLukhUwAAd17m.jpg

#AnchorsAweigh
                          Trump has his daughter and son in law working directly in the administration, inherited a real-estate fortune from his father, and has been apart of the mainstream media for the last 20 years. But he's not the "elite" or apart of the "ruling class"?

The cognitive dissonance is the true TDS.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

The cognitive dissonance is the true TDS.
                            Wha'?

It's hard to lend any credibility to anyone who believes Ameica's President was a russian spy. Really.

You must think half the country is deaf, dumb or blind... Oh, wait...

The "smart" people voted for this hag huh?

27540247-n_orig.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Wha'?

It's hard to lend any credibility to anyone who believes Ameica's President was a russian spy. Really.

You must think half the country is deaf, dumb or blind... Oh, wait...

The "smart" people voted for this hag huh?

27540247-n_orig.jpg
                              I don't think he saying that he believes Trump is Rusian spie. I think he just saying it is inconsistent to say:

Trump is not the establishment
                              Trump is not the ruling class
                              Trump is an outsider
                              Trump is a conservative

When he actually he is an insider billionaire, in the establishment, in the ruling class and most of his policies would have been embraced by the democrats had they been put up by Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I don't think he saying that he believes Trump is Rusian spie. I think he just saying it is inconsistent to say:

Trump is not the establishment
                                Trump is not the ruling class
                                Trump is an outsider
                                Trump is a conservative

When he actually he is an insider billionaire, in the establishment, in the ruling class and most of his policies would have been embraced by the democrats had they been put up by Obama.
                                Ding. Ding. Ding. That's exactly what I'm saying.

Trump was not a "russian spy". Trump was however, and to some extent HRC and Bernie, supported by the Kremlin through the use of online trolls to try to sow discord in America and undermine our institutions. Newsflash: It worked. Did it have a tangible effect on the election? Probably not, but it has dramatically changed the political and societal discourse in this country to the pleasure of Putin.

All politicians have an ego, or they wouldn't be a "successful" politician (however you want describe that). But I think it's fair to say the one on display yesterday in the press briefing is a new level for the office.
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X