Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...=press_release

Probably just a tempest in a teapot. But she brought this imposition upon herself.

The propaganda brigade are doubtless setting up position on the flanks as we speak

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 3, 2020, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• I'm likely to be hated and scorned after this, but ...

In 2009, shortly after Obama was elected, while the country was fighting to recover from a deep recession, Swine Flu hit and was a pandemic. Within a week, Obama had said there was a problem, had mobilized action to limit the damage, told the American public exactly what was happening and what was being done to handle the problem.

People, including the investment community, trusted what he had done would handle the problem. The stock market held pretty steady. Employment held pretty steady. Nobody went into panic mode. The economy was never threatened, and there was no need for a $2 trillion bailout.

Trump delayed doing anything, said there was no problem, that it was under control. The investment community didn't believe him and tanked Wall Street. The delay in reacting set the USA up for one of the worst reactions to the pandemic of any nation.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I'm likely to be hated and scorned after this, but ...

In 2009, shortly after Obama was elected, while the country was fighting to recover from a deep recession, Swine Flu hit and was a pandemic. Within a week, Obama had said there was a problem, had mobilized action to limit the damage, told the American public exactly what was happening and what was being done to handle the problem.

People, including the investment community, trusted what he had done would handle the problem. The stock market held pretty steady. Employment held pretty steady. Nobody went into panic mode. The economy was never threatened, and there was no need for a $2 trillion bailout.

Trump delayed doing anything, said there was no problem, that it was under control. The investment community didn't believe him and tanked Wall Street. The delay in reacting set the USA up for one of the worst reactions to the pandemic of any nation.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ZydGd1JvWco2Zo
        I would just say, those are not the same thing. That’s like saying Obama sure did a good job in Mali in 2013, but Rosevelt sure screwed up WWII.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Speaking of that bailout bill. It seems that the 2017 tax cuts limited the amount of losses that could be taken from accelerated depreciation on real property (buildings). Accelerated depreciation on real property could allow 100% of the cost of building or buying a building to be claimed as an expense in as little as 5 - 10 years. The bailout bill contains something in page 200-something out of 800+ that eliminates that loss limitation and allows anyone affected by it to file amended returns for all tax years since then. This is a HUGE tax break for interests with significant real estate holdings.

Then it gets worse.

Two hours after Trump signed the bailout bill on live television, he released a little statement that hardly got noticed. The bill contains a requirement for an Inspector General who is to inform Congress of how the money is distributed and used and whether the requirements for getting the money have been met and followed.

This affects $500,000,000,000 designated to be awarded to corporations.

Trump has said he has the power to override that part of the law and he will not allow the Inspector General to get any information from the Treasury Department, nor make reports to Congress.

That means Trump has absolute control of $500,000,000,000 and can do anything he wants with it with no audits, or even any information on where the money went. Congress is going to have to take him to court because he is claiming Constitutional authority to override Congress.

Comment

Speaking of that bailout bill. It seems that the 2017 tax cuts limited the amount of losses that could be taken from accelerated depreciation on real property (buildings). Accelerated depreciation on real property could allow 100% of the cost of building or buying a building to be claimed as an expense in as little as 5 - 10 years. The bailout bill contains something in page 200-something out of 800+ that eliminates that loss limitation and allows anyone affected by it to file amended returns for all tax years since then. This is a HUGE tax break for interests with significant real estate holdings.

Then it gets worse.

Two hours after Trump signed the bailout bill on live television, he released a little statement that hardly got noticed. The bill contains a requirement for an Inspector General who is to inform Congress of how the money is distributed and used and whether the requirements for getting the money have been met and followed.

This affects $500,000,000,000 designated to be awarded to corporations.

Trump has said he has the power to override that part of the law and he will not allow the Inspector General to get any information from the Treasury Department, nor make reports to Congress.

That means Trump has absolute control of $500,000,000,000 and can do anything he wants with it with no audits, or even any information on where the money went. Congress is going to have to take him to court because he is claiming Constitutional authority to override Congress.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/u...7XwtZ_rtKv6e6A
            OK, so this isnt the last stimulus bill. Dems would be well advised not to pass any more stimulus Bill's in the house without having some sort of oversight.

And there are a whole raft of cases @ the supreme court that Trump has lost @ every level, one of these will be decided:
            Case Status Some of the cases under review have completed their journey through the courts, while others are subject to ongoing proceedings. Find here a

Dont wring your hands.....I would say Trump's gambit has less thln a 50-50 chance

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

OK, so this isnt the last stimulus bill. Dems would be well advised not to pass any more stimulus Bill's in the house without having some sort of oversight.

And there are a whole raft of cases @ the supreme court that Trump has lost @ every level, one of these will be decided:
              Case Status Some of the cases under review have completed their journey through the courts, while others are subject to ongoing proceedings. Find here a

Dont wring your hands.....I would say Trump's gambit has less thln a 50-50 chance
              I'm not wringing my hands. I'm trying to inform about some things going on while we're distracted by something else. I worked in real estate development for a number of years. I studied Trump during those years because of his apparent success. Study the winners, right?

Trump was the most crooked, dishonest, and unethical person in the industry. At one point he was technically bankrupt. He had done so poorly in business that the entire $600 mill his father gave him as inheritance was in jeopardy. The only way he survived was that he was so far in debt to American banks that they couldn't afford to foreclose on him. They gave him more loans. He later rewarded them by sticking them with hundreds of millions of losses when he bankrupted his ventures that failed. That's why he can't borrow money from American banks. Name one other "successful" American businessman who can't borrow a dime from an American bank.

Now his money comes from Deutsche Bank in Germany. I think it's the International Monetary Fund that has accused that bank of laundering Russian oligarch money.

I'm not in political agreement with the conservative/libertarian agenda the Republican party is currently pursuing. If the voters support that, then I'm willing to go along with what the voters support.

When a con man wins the election and implements that agenda it's more difficult for me to support the voters. He's doing it again by convincing that his actions with coronavirus were the best, when his delaying, saying it was under control, saying it was just a form of flu delayed a response to the virus. There will be thousands of deaths attributable to that delay in responding, but all we will hear is how great our response was to the crisis.

Let me repeat this part again. If the voters want the agenda that conservatives are pursuing, I've got no problem with that. When you want to put Trump as the head of that effort, I will oppose you at every step because that man is the most dishonest person I have encountered in my lifetime, and I'm older than some dirt.

Comment

I'm not wringing my hands. I'm trying to inform about some things going on while we're distracted by something else. I worked in real estate development for a number of years. I studied Trump during those years because of his apparent success. Study the winners, right?

Trump was the most crooked, dishonest, and unethical person in the industry. At one point he was technically bankrupt. He had done so poorly in business that the entire $600 mill his father gave him as inheritance was in jeopardy. The only way he survived was that he was so far in debt to American banks that they couldn't afford to foreclose on him. They gave him more loans. He later rewarded them by sticking them with hundreds of millions of losses when he bankrupted his ventures that failed. That's why he can't borrow money from American banks. Name one other "successful" American businessman who can't borrow a dime from an American bank.

Now his money comes from Deutsche Bank in Germany. I think it's the International Monetary Fund that has accused that bank of laundering Russian oligarch money.

I'm not in political agreement with the conservative/libertarian agenda the Republican party is currently pursuing. If the voters support that, then I'm willing to go along with what the voters support.

When a con man wins the election and implements that agenda it's more difficult for me to support the voters. He's doing it again by convincing that his actions with coronavirus were the best, when his delaying, saying it was under control, saying it was just a form of flu delayed a response to the virus. There will be thousands of deaths attributable to that delay in responding, but all we will hear is how great our response was to the crisis.

Let me repeat this part again. If the voters want the agenda that conservatives are pursuing, I've got no problem with that. When you want to put Trump as the head of that effort, I will oppose you at every step because that man is the most dishonest person I have encountered in my lifetime, and I'm older than some dirt.
                Well, I can sure tell you are passionate on this subject, and I have always respected your opinion.

Having said that, aside from some people on this board who would support him 'even if he murdered someone on 5th Avenue in front of thousands' his schtick is wearing thin.

First of all, this economy will be nowhere near recovered in time for the election, which was what made people hold their noses and still support him.

Second of all, when the dust clears from this pandemic and the facts collide with the cold light of day, it will be clear that he screwed the pooch on this one. Even if you support him, when your friends and relatives die, which will happen to many of his supporters, when they get their arms wrapped around how badly he screwed this up on a whole bunch of fronts (too many to document here), he will not have a place to hide.

I agree, he is crooked, coarse, arrogant and spiteful.

Which is why I think it is so ironic that so many Christian's voted for him. He is about as far from a Christian he could probably pass for Lucifer himself.

As many people here know, I have never been very respectful of christianity in general, and his ascendance has only proved my point.

His legacy to the republican party will leave it wounded and a shell of itself. Dont be surprised if they lose control os the Senate and are reduced to wandering around in the wilderness for about the next 10 years while the dems do a cleanup on aisle 5, much like they did after W.

Comment

• I don’t know that he screwed this up. Why do you think he screwed up and everyone else in the world did a good job? What if he would have called a travel ban in January in the midst of impeachment in late January? Would that have been well received?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I don’t know that he screwed this up. Why do you think he screwed up and everyone else in the world did a good job? What if he would have called a travel ban in January in the midst of impeachment in late January? Would that have been well received?
                    You are not being willfully ignorant, are you?

Here are a couple:
                    Cut the CDC pandemic team
                    Called the pandemic a "Democat hoax"
                    Continually touting 'cures' that have neither been tested or approved by the FDA (and as you are working in Pharma, you really ought to know better on that one, does your company release drugs that 'show promise' but have not been tested? What would the FDA do to your employer if that happened?)
                    Contiinually stated in February that the pandemic was 'under control'.

I really do not have the capacity to do the research to educate you, seems like you ought to be able to do that yourself, no?

Comment

• For item 1 and 2:

Democrats have criticized President Donald Trump’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic as disorganized and short-sighted.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• For item 3, the FDA just approved that drug for treatment of terminally ill patients. I also just posted how the U.K. approved a drug in two days due to Covid-19, so seems like he did well there.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• For item 4, everyone was relying on China’s data and everyone made the same mistake. Which government locked down travel first?
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• Madcow always warms my heart...

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow might want to issue an apology tonight. Ten days ago, on her own program, she stated that the hospital ships that President Trump's administration was preparing to send to California and New York were not close to being ready to be sent to the locations.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X