2024 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    I would agree that there is minimal difference between the moderates of both parties. The extremes (both sides) are nothing alike with respect to philosophical issues.
    My point is that MSM and Big Tech dominate the airwaves (and the lack of Democrat moderates speaking out), they never criticize the Democrats, and are changing the culture.

They don't report on the Twitter Files (Elon Musk is more of a libertarian than a Democrat or Republican although he voted for Obama and Biden), even though Musk likes the 1st Amendment, the Southern Border (where millions are coming in from 151 countries, etc. Trump, at least had reasonable numbers coming in. Now, from the few reports coming out, there are hundreds/maybe thousands of illegals, homeless in El Paso, Brownsville, and other border towns.

Movies and dramas have many shows on racism, and they act like every white male and cop is a racist.

Biden has a cop hating, drag queen reading a Christmas story to kids, and singing to them at the White House, The President refuses to go to the Border and no reports are done.

I could write much more (on inflation, Green energy which causes inflation, mistreatment of SCOTUS, SEC requiring businesses to become green, etc. ), but it all comes down to the airwaves being dominated by MSM and Big Tech, but you don't want to read it, and I don't want to write it.

Comment

Will Trump's action cards be available at Rock's Dugout? LOL
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Here's my prediction:

Biden will run again and win his nomination. Heck Pelosi and Schumer both just said he should run again. Trump will also win his nomination. Biden wins reelection, because most people just have a hate on for Trump.

Bottom line is Americans in general are not very bright. Best I think we can hope for is that the Republicans take back the Senate in 2024 (the map is supposedly very favorable to R's next time), and can continue to slow down the Biden agenda.

Frankly most Republicans are pretty worthless, especially in the Senate led by a completely awful leader, Mitch McConnell. I hear people saying that Biden won't run again, but he has Merrick Garland and the FBI in his back pocket. Does anyone really think anything is going to happen to him or his druggie son Hunter? I sure don't.

Now going back to the 2024 Republican Primary, Ron DeSantis has my full support if he runs. However I don't think DeSantis would beat Trump. Trump has a very large percentage of followers within the party that won't ever leave him no matter what.
        You can't handle the truth!

Get out of Dodge!

Comment

Trump has the advantage if there is a large field because he is good for 25-30% of the vote. But if there is just 2 or 3, I don't think he wins the nomination. If it were just him and Desantis, he would get clobbered. I think the best guy to actually change the path we're on would be Rand Paul, but not sure he would get the nomination. He is the only guy who wouldn't be swayed by polls and pressure from elites and consultants and stick to his principles.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

He won't run, but I could get behind a Thomas Massie if he ever chose to.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Trump has the advantage if there is a large field because he is good for 25-30% of the vote. But if there is just 2 or 3, I don't think he wins the nomination. If it were just him and Desantis, he would get clobbered. I think the best guy to actually change the path we're on would be Rand Paul, but he would never get the nomination. He is the only guy who wouldn't be swayed by polls and pressure from elites and consultants and stick to his principles.
              FIFY

I will add that I talked to some friends from Florida last year, and they said that Floridians are totally sold on DeSantis. They said that he made all of the right moves in Florida.

The problem with the Federal Government as opposed to State Government, is that there are so many more variables involved with establishing laws, and getting things done. In the House, only a majority is necessary, but in the Senate, 60 percent is necessary. Also, there are some who are SUPER rigid, and some who are Super willing to change their opinions. However, from what those guys said, he is as independent as anyone.

A good example of one of the problems in the House is that of the 5 Reps. who oppose McCarthy as Speaker, the Virginia Rep. Bob Good was quoted as saying he didn't care who made Speaker of the House (meaning Republican or Democrat), he just wanted to blow it up.". Rand Paul is a Senate libertarian who does not have a reputation of a person who just wants to "blow" things up, and he is respected by others, so I would go for him too. However, I just don't see that he has the support of the majority of 50%.

Some compromise is inevitable if laws are to be passed because there are so many interest groups that "foul" things up. with the Senate and House. The most important group to get on a politician's side is "Independent Women" who tend to be moderate (more conservative fiscally, on immigration, etc. but less so social issues). They decide elections, but the balance is important and almost impossible to strike. In Florida, with a 60/40 split in favor of DeSantis, the balance has evidently been struck.

One other thing, I see DeSantis as being one who would fight for less government in the Independent Agencies who have consider themselves career Federal Government Employees who are owed a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

FIFY

I will add that I talked to some friends from Florida last year, and they said that Floridians are totally sold on DeSantis. They said that he made all of the right moves in Florida.

The problem with the Federal Government as opposed to State Government, is that there are so many more variables involved with establishing laws, and getting things done. In the House, only a majority is necessary, but in the Senate, 60 percent is necessary. Also, there are some who are SUPER rigid, and some who are Super willing to change their opinions. However, from what those guys said, he is as independent as anyone.

A good example of one of the problems in the House is that of the 5 Reps. who oppose McCarthy as Speaker, the Virginia Rep. Bob Good was quoted as saying he didn't care who made Speaker of the House (meaning Republican or Democrat), he just wanted to blow it up.". Rand Paul is a Senate libertarian who does not have a reputation of a person who just wants to "blow" things up, and he is respected by others, so I would go for him too. However, I just don't see that he has the support of the majority of 50%.

Some compromise is inevitable if laws are to be passed because there are so many interest groups that "foul" things up. with the Senate and House. The most important group to get on a politician's side is "Independent Women" who tend to be moderate (more conservative fiscally, on immigration, etc. but less so social issues). They decide elections, but the balance is important and almost impossible to strike. In Florida, with a 60/40 split in favor of DeSantis, the balance has evidently been struck.

One other thing, I see DeSantis as being one who would fight for less government in the Independent Agencies who have consider themselves career Federal Government Employees who are owed a job.
                I agree with this. I would love to have a guy running that said, "under my administration, I can't promise you that much will get done, but I will guarantee that the federal government will not hinder you from doing what you want done yourself" or something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I agree with this. I would love to have a guy running that said, "under my administration, I can't promise you that much will get done, but I will guarantee that the federal government will not hinder you from doing what you want done yourself" or something to that effect.
                  You and I are on the same page.

However, the behind the scenes stuff (Independent Agencies de-regulation, limiting wasteful government, etc.) doesn't get the headlines on the news. Those independent women (for example) won't vote for that in the next election. Trump did a lot of this. He took away the regulations on businesses, lowered taxes, appointed conservative judges, he was much better than Biden with foreign policy on China, and the Middle East, etc. but only the negative news got out (which he made mistakes for sure in that area), because he talked and tweeted too much, and refused to criticize the more right wing groups like the Proud Boys, etc. It's probably for the best that the Democrats and News Press didn't like him because I'm not sold that he wouldn't have made bad immigration deals, etc. because I don't think he was as "principled" as he was egotistical (just my opinion). He just wanted to be seen as the Supreme Deal Maker.

I personally think that DeSantis would still be a Conservative fighter, but would be better in dealing with a liberal news media and the Democrats.

Comment

I always say I need to do more research on him and then don't. What I do know of him seems promising, but I've not done a deep dive into all of his beliefs, stances and ideas. But to my Republican/Conservative friends on the board, what do you think of Tim Scott?

I will say his exploratory announcement above is well done. Seems like a promising potential candidate for the Republicans.

I still need to know more. Do you guys think he has a shot? I haven't been paying attention yet to those who have announced or have been projected to run.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I think the GOP has several good candidate potential, but so long as Trump consumes all the air, none of them have a chance. Unless they have their own process to select 1 person to take on Trump. Trump against one person is different, but against more than 1 he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        I always say I need to do more research on him and then don't. What I do know of him seems promising, but I've not done a deep dive into all of his beliefs, stances and ideas. But to my Republican/Conservative friends on the board, what do you think of Tim Scott?

I will say his exploratory announcement above is well done. Seems like a promising potential candidate for the Republicans.

I still need to know more. Do you guys think he has a shot? I haven't been paying attention yet to those who have announced or have been projected to run.
                        Perfect VP material.

Comment

Perfect VP material.
                          Have you learned NOTHING about Presidential longevity strategy in the past several years?!

If your VP is competent and the opposition thinks you're a threat, they will simply make up false pretenses and impeach you multiples of times with the hopes they will eventually find _something_ unrelated to their initial charge with their unfettered access due to a special investigation.

But if your VP is 33% more of a train wreck than you, then you can ACTUALLY have committed serious felonies and be really dumb, and the opposition won't dare impeach you.

Perfect VP material from this point forward is one notch above "drools on themself" while watching Idiocracy for the 80th time.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Have you learned NOTHING about Presidential longevity strategy in the past several years?!

If your VP is competent and the opposition thinks you're a threat, they will simply make up false pretenses and impeach you multiples of times with the hopes they will eventually find _something_ unrelated to their initial charge with their unfettered access due to a special investigation.

But if your VP is 33% more of a train wreck than you, then you can ACTUALLY have committed serious felonies and be really dumb, and the opposition won't dare impeach you.

Perfect VP material from this point forward is one notch above "drools on themself" while watching Idiocracy for the 80th time.
                            FETTERMAN !!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You're right. He's nothing like our current VP. He actually has the skills to be good at it so we will keep it a secret, and then have him actually solve problems. He is a "black" Mike Pence which means he would actually be better. But he is future President material but his name isn't built up yet, so he needs more seasoning, and not Senator seasoning. He needs to run for Governor (executive state experience), or be an actually competent Vice President (solve border and crime problems, etc.). Imo, he'd actually be a great ticket mate for Desantis or Trump, and bring them votes as a comparison/contrast to our current VP.

Comment

You're right. He's nothing like our current VP. He actually has the skills to be good at it so we will keep it a secret, and then have him actually solve problems. He is a "black" Mike Pence which means he would actually be better. But he is future President material but his name isn't built up yet, so he needs more seasoning, and not Senator seasoning. He needs to run for Governor (executive state experience), or be an actually competent Vice President (solve border and crime problems, etc.). Imo, he'd actually be a great ticket mate for Desantis or Trump, and bring them votes as a comparison/contrast to our current VP.
                                Being a VP to Trump would kill his career. I'm not entirely sure if Desantis would help or hurt him.

Trump needs to go away and stay out of it. His ego won't allow it though.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X