Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Didn't want to start another thread for the Senate, but there's been some interesting developments in the last week.

First, the numbers:

As bad as the last cycle (2022) was for the GOP map wise, this year is as good or even better. There are 38 GOP seats that aren't contested.

Of the ones that are, right now at least Wyoming, Utah, North Dakota, both Nebraska seats, Missouri, Indiana, West Virginia, Tennessee & Mississippi look to be as safe as safe gets. That gets the GOP to 48

Rick Scott in Florida and Ted Cruz in Texas are the 2 most vulnerable GOP seats. That's hard to believe.

The GOP are contesting (at least as of now) the following seats (not mentioned above):

Arizona: This will be a **** show. You've got current Senator Kyrsten Sinema who was elected as a Democrat but now identifies as an Independent. Ruben Gallego will be the Dem choice and has a HUGE war chest compared to the GOP which will likely be Trump Princess Kari Lake, but Mark Lamb (Sheriff from Live PD) could spoil her party. You don't know where Sinema is going to land or how she affects the race, so this one will be a WWE Royal Rumble before it's over.

Ohio: Sherrod Brown is fighting for his political life. The state is trending red and went for Trump last 2 elections. However, 2022's disastrous election netted the Dems 1 seat in Ohio, so it's certainly a battleground. 3 GOP candidates will fight it out to take on Brown. GOP SHOULD win here, but it's another Trump vs the world and Brown has a huge warchest of funds on hand that the GOP cannot possibly match.

Montana: Democrat John Tester is in a fight to hold his seat. He's fairly moderate and popular in Montana which is not the dark red state it used to be BUT it's still tough for a Dem to win state wide election. He'll have a ton of money (which he'll need) to fight off the GOP candidate and there are a couple of good ones.

Those 3 states are toss ups at best for the Dems.

Then there's Wisconsin where Democrat incumbent Tammy Baldwin is favored but anything but a lock.

In Pennsylvania Bob Casey will have his hands full with David McCormick. McCormick SOMEHOW lost to Oz last cycle. He will win the GOP nomination and give Casey all he wants.

I'll circle back to Nevada and Michigan later, but both will be hard fought holds for the Dems.

The real shock is in Maryland. A state Biden won by 33%+ and was considered a safe seat has just been thrown a curve. Larry Hogan on Friday announced he will run for the open Senate seat. This is huge. Hogan was a RIDICULOUSLY popular GOP Gov. in Maryland. He is well known and liked more than pretty much any politician in Maryland. He will win the GOP Primary easily and makes that race AT BEST a lean DEM and likely a toss up.

If the GOP cannot win more than 2 of those 10 seats then there is no hope ever for the GOP going forward. The goal should be 6, at least.

Comment

• Thanks, pretty good/sound review IMO. I really am hoping Lake wins. With so much money and corruption involved in critical races it makes it a tough slog for many Republican's

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Thanks, pretty good/sound review IMO. I really am hoping Lake wins. With so much money and corruption involved in critical races it makes it a tough slog for many Republican's
            Lake is very attractive and very well spoken, but I imagine her political future is as a Trump appointee.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Lake is very attractive and very well spoken, but I imagine her political future is as a Trump appointee.
              She is young, nice looking AND smart. If, I say if, she takes the seat, the Republicans take congress, she secures their border, she builds an awesome resume to put her in the 2028 VP picture.

Comment

• I don't have a lot of confidence for Arizona. I like Lake, but she's a loose cannon. Lamb is very likeable, but I don't know if he's up to the job or not. I suspect it will be Sinema or the DEM with the huge war chest thanks to DC. That's how it's done these days.

Another thing, while each race is different and often local, when was the last election that the GOP or special election where the GOP candidate over preform, or even held his or her own? It's not happening, anywhere. I have grave concerns about this election, for a number of reasons.

Comment

• I’d vote for this guy…

96K likes, 1,243 comments - spawnranch on February 17, 2024: "#chrisfarley a few people commented he's overrated. Maybe I should go back and block those people"
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    At least he gets things done!

All in favor!

Comment

• BOMBSHELL: The Biden Admin Planted an Operative in Fani Willis’ Office to Target Trump, Say Sources

The sources, who spoke to Breitbart News on the condition of anonymity due to fear of retribution, describe the District Attorney's Office environment as "corrupt."

"One significant figure is overlooked in the Fulton County scandal concerning Fulton County prosecutor Fani Willis and her alleged lover and fellow prosecutor Nathan Wade, the sources said: Meet Jeff DiSantis — the county’s Deputy District Attorney with professional experience far greater than the average county employee," reports Wendell Husebø of Breitbart. "DiSantis worked on Willis’s 2020 campaign, sources told Breitbart News, and was the former Executive Director of the Democrat Party of Georgia with extensive knowledge of campaign finance law."

According to his official bio on the Fulton County website, DiSantis "worked for candidates in 30 states running for a variety of offices, including President of the United States, United States Senator, Governor, United States Representative, Attorney General, District Attorney, and Mayor, as well as for a national political party committee. He has served as a campaign manager, media consultant, pollster, press spokesman, research director, and policy advisor."

The sources say it was Jeff DiSantis who was directly colluding with the White House to target Trump. "DiSantis did this," a source said. “He’s the one. He is the one pulling all the strings. He was the one that walled her [Willis] off. He was in every important meeting. He is the brainchild behind this. That is the connection to the White House.”

"DiSantis is the one pulling the strings on this whole thing. Everybody heard Fani testify. It's no secret that she's not smart. That is how she sounds and acts every day of the week."

“Anyone that has common sense knows that the White House has been involved in this prosecution,” a source explained. “This shouldn’t just miraculously happen. Of course, she’s [Willis] not going to prosecute the former president [of the] United States without the current administration’s approval.”

Jeff DiSantis allegedly played a pivotal role in the selection of grand jurors for the Trump case, with sources pointing to the use of voter registration data as a potential influencing factor.

Comment

• Not surprising - this entire administration, agencies and departments are so corrupt

Comment

• I guess I didn't know this was a secret. The details, perhaps, on who the actual link was, but not the fact that the White House blessed, if not outright directed.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            I guess I didn't know this was a secret. The details, perhaps, on who the actual link was, but not the fact that the White House blessed, if not outright directed.
                            I think the biggest news was that they had an operative actually embedded in the Fani's fanny, er, I mean office.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think the biggest news was that they had an operative actually embedded in the Fani's fanny, er, I mean office.
                              I suppose. It's how the left is though. State attorney apparatus, politicians, activists, union leaders, media. They are all interchangeable anymore.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X