No announcement yet.

Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For what it's worth, the ICC has issued an arrest warrant for Putin for war crimes. Charged with the unlawful deportation and unlawful transfer of Ukrainian children to the Russian Federation.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Ukraine isn't joining NATO, but Finland will join tomorrow and Russia obviously doesn't like it. Also sounds like Sweden should be accepted into NATO in the next couple of months.

Sounds like both Finland and Sweden, which have been keen on no military alignment have changed their thoughts after Russia invaded Ukraine and they feared that they might be next. Being NATO members gives them some security knowing that if they are invaded, they have a number of other countries that are pretty much guaranteed to intervene on their behalf. Their addition will also bolster NATO support of Ukraine in this conflict.

It will be interesting to see how Russia moves forward. I'd expect more military buildup in the near future along their Nordic border.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Just saw the US is sending another $2.6B to Ukraine
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Just saw the US is sending another $2.6B to Ukraine
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• My wife was reading updates on the war yesterday and asked if I saw anything ironic in a photo showing a woman in grief being held back by two female officers while looking at a destroyed housing complex.
              I had no idea what it was my wife was referring to. She zooms in and points out the two officers have pristine salon quality nails. They are in wartime and and are focused on keeping their nails nice. It's a little strange.

​​​
              Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; April 17, 2023, 09:48 PM.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Wait there was an attempted drone strike on the Kremlin, and nobody posted that news here?! Y'all are slippin'!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Wait there was an attempted drone strike on the Kremlin, and nobody posted that news here?! Y'all are slippin'!

Ukraine denies it. Who knows if true are not. We know Russia is crooked, but frankly Ukraine hasn't been much better in recent history. Too bad we don't have the leadership to end this war and quit spending my tax dollars on it.

Comment

Wait there was an attempted drone strike on the Kremlin, and nobody posted that news here?! Y'all are slippin'!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-drone-strike
                    To me it looks like a false flag operation with some cheap fireworks from China. No way could Ukraine fly a drone all the way to Moscow. Find it hard to believe they could infiltrate Russia to get close enough then to fly a drone.

Other option is it could be something internal to try and embarrass Putin.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

To me it looks like a false flag operation with some cheap fireworks from China. No way could Ukraine fly a drone all the way to Moscow. Find it hard to believe they could infiltrate Russia to get close enough then to fly a drone.

Other option is it could be something internal to try and embarrass Putin.
                      Or a Russian faction trying to bounce Putin?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Or a Russian faction trying to bounce Putin?
                        I have seen that as possible narrative.

It still feels like a false flag operation so they can rationalize going after Zelansky. They have lost an estimated 20,000 killed just since December with 100,000 wounded - could you imagine if that had happened to us in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Comment

• There is a “significant risk” Russian could target critical infrastructure in Europe or North America, including gas pipelines and internet cables, as part of its confrontation with the West over Ukraine, a senior NATO intelligence official warned.

David Cattler, NATO's assistant secretary general for intelligence and security, told reporters Russia was “actively mapping” the infrastructure of Ukraine’s allies both on land and on the seabed.

Comment

• "The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous."

---George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              "The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous."

---George Orwell
                              It is meant to be continuous on the part of Putin till NATO support wains. Despite NATO rhetoric about winning there never was a NATO or US strategy for

Ukrainian victory, probably mainly out of fear of direct NATO confrontation with Russia.

Comment

• This post is mostly about the Ukraine War but could also fit in the Collapse of the United States. Tucker Carlson interviewed former army Colonel Douglas Macgregor.regarding the Ukraine war. His take is decidely bearish and negative and that take extends beyond the borders of Ukraine. Now how valid Colonel Macgregor's comments and observations are is something everyone will have to evaluate on their own. But the picture he paints is not a pretty one. I for one really hope he is overstating his case. But I don't totally discount it either. He does seem to be a thoughtful and well versed guy.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 22, 2023, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X