Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    This post is mostly about the Ukraine War but could also fit in the Collapse of the United States. Tucker Carlson interviewed former army Colonel Douglas Macgregor.regarding the Ukraine war. His take is decidely bearish and negative and that take extends beyond the borders of Ukraine. Now how valid Colonel Macgregor's comments and observations are is something everyone will have to evaluate on their own. But the picture he paints is not a pretty one. I for one really hope he is overstating his case. But I don't totally discount either. He does seem to be a thoughtful and well versed guy.

Well....................THAT WAS DEPRESSING!! If you have not taken the time to watch the whole interview, please do. I'm very interested in everyone's views on Macgregor's viewpoints. I agree with 1972Shocker last four sentences of his post.

Comment

• Now the story is coming out that sheds light on why the British have been such staunch allies to Ukraine. Last year at this time, Russia tried to shoot down a British surveillance aircraft.

Conflicting Interpretations of a Critical Command

On September 29th of the previous year, an RAF RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft, tasked with a surveillance mission and carrying a crew of up to 30 individuals, was flying over the Black Sea in international airspace.

This routine assignment took a dramatic turn when the RAF plane was confronted by two Russian SU-27 fighter jets.Central to this almost catastrophic event was an ambiguous command transmitted to the Russian pilots from a ground station.

A source informed the BBC that the Russian pilots received a communication saying, "you have the target". While such a phrase might appear ambiguous to many, its implication was grave.One of the Russian pilots seemingly understood this as a direct permission to engage the British aircraft.

Relying on this interpretation, he fired an air-to-air missile towards the RAF plane. To the relief of all involved, the missile missed its mark. Contrary to Russia's claim that the incident stemmed from a malfunction, insiders confirmed it was a miss and not a mechanical failure.
      Russian Fighter Jet Fires Missiles at British Aircraft over the Black Sea (msn.com)

Comment

• Wow.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Now the story is coming out that sheds light on why the British have been such staunch allies to Ukraine. Last year at this time, Russia tried to shoot down a British surveillance aircraft. Russian Fighter Jet Fires Missiles at British Aircraft over the Black Sea (msn.com)
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Well....................THAT WAS DEPRESSING!! If you have not taken the time to watch the whole interview, please do. I'm very interested in everyone's views on Macgregor's viewpoints. I agree with 1972Shocker last four sentences of his post.
            I didn't watch the whole thing...skipped the middle part. In the concluding section, the colonel seemed to be expressing a liking if not love for Putin and what Russia has become under his 20+ year time in office. This should raise anyone's eyebrows regarding the colonel's judgement. The statements about the humanity of the Russian army fell in line with the good, Christian Putin picture that he was painting. The only part of the interview that I could fully go along with was how problematic our country is today both politically and economically.

Comment

• I think MacGregor is a pretty controversial figure and while he speaks with great assurnance I am not all that sure he knows for sure what he is talking about. On the other hand, I find the narrative of the government and their ministry of propaganda, the corporate media, to be shall we say less than trustworthy. So despite the ease of which information flows these days, or perhaps because of that it is very hard to know who to believe unless you yourself have first hand knowledge.

Comment

• Why are “Ukrainian soldiers” in a NYC hospital? How and when did they get here? Who is paying for their care? When are they going back to Ukraine - or are they here for good?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1703921930770760128

Why are “Ukrainian soldiers” in a NYC hospital? How and when did they get here? Who is paying for their care? When are they going back to Ukraine - or are they here for good?
                  Per this article, Nine Ukrainian soldiers are currently undergoing treatment at the hospital. The clinic has helped a total of 35 servicemen over the past year, according to hospital staff and the Ukrainian-American NGO Kind Deeds, which supplies prostheses for war amputees.

President Volodymyr Zelensky visited the Staten Island University Hospital on Monday and met wounded Ukrainian soldiers. He is expected to be at the UN General Assembly on Tuesday.

Regarding if they are staying or not, Im of the opinion that they should be welcome to stay here if they see fit, but per the article you shared - "Dr. Brahim Ardolic, the executive director of the hospital, said the soldiers want to get back to serve their country." “We’ve rarely seen patients that are this much wanting to get better to go back to help,” he said. “It’s really incredible to see how passionate you all are about getting better so you can go back and help your country."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post

"Dr. Brahim Ardolic, the executive director of the hospital, said the soldiers want to get back to serve their country." “We’ve rarely seen patients that are this much wanting to get better to go back to help,” he said. “It’s really incredible to see how passionate you all are about getting better so you can go back and help your country."
                    It's a nice thing for Dr. Ardolic to say, but seriously, how many soldiers wouldn't feel the same if their homeland, friends and family are being attacked in their own country.
                    I would hope that all of the US military would feel the same way when the US is attacked on our land again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

It's a nice thing for Dr. Ardolic to say, but seriously, how many soldiers wouldn't feel the same if their homeland, friends and family are being attacked in their own country.
                      I would hope that all of the US military would feel the same way when the US is attacked on our land again.
                      I agree. I was just providing some answers to pins questions that seemed to suggest they might not be here for legitimate reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post

I agree. I was just providing some answers to pins questions that seemed to suggest they might not be here for legitimate reasons.
                        My mistake. Those were not my thoughts. It shoulda been in quotation marks.

Comment

• A newly surfaced video shows what are said to be Ukrainian drones flying directly into small open hatches on Russian armored vehicles, demonstrating impressive flying skills on the part of the drone operators.

Comment

• Biden agrees to take a bit smaller kickback

Comment

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...raine-00133211

Biden agrees to take a bit smaller kickback
                              All Putin ever wanted was peace. Peace. Peace!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A newly surfaced video shows what are said to be Ukrainian drones flying directly into small open hatches on Russian armored vehicles, demonstrating impressive flying skills on the part of the drone operators.
                                Ukranian drone operators also caught the Russians executing captured Ukrainian soldiers

A statement from the General Prosecutor’s Office in Kyiv said: ‘The Russian army captured three Ukrainian defenders during a combat clash near the village of Robotyne, Zaporizhzhia region. An hour later, in violation of Article 3 of the Geneva Convention on the Treatment of Prisoners of War, the occupiers shot them.
                                https://metro.co.uk/2023/12/28/foota...oops-20032545/

Comment

Working...
                                X