No announcement yet.

Pfizer Covid Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, this means if you get the vaccine you must quarantine?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

So, this means if you get the vaccine you must quarantine?
      Remind me again what the purpose is of a vaccine if it can still transmit the virus after injection?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I heard about this and the only thing I can think of is that you can still have the virus ingested into your system, however, it does not affect your body if you have the vaccine. But I suppose it is still possible for you to be exhaling the virus? Just like if you have a shoe on your foot and step in dog ****. The dog **** doesn't really affect you, but you can track it into your house and all around.

That's the only conclusion I can come up with.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          I heard about this and the only thing I can think of is that you can still have the virus ingested into your system, however, it does not affect your body if you have the vaccine. But I suppose it is still possible for you to be exhaling the virus? Just like if you have a shoe on your foot and step in dog ****. The dog **** doesn't really affect you, but you can track it into your house and all around.

That's the only conclusion I can come up with.
          And if that's the case, the time it takes for the mRNA to respond and trigger the body's production of antibodies must be sufficient for the virus to replicate enough to then make the individual contagious.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Remind me again what the purpose is of a vaccine if it can still transmit the virus after injection?
            That's not ideal but it stops the disruption to society... FOR THOSE THAT GET VACCINATED.

Let that be fair warning to the anti-vaxxers.

This is an alien virus. A healthcare friend reminded me that HIV was also "alien" when it arrived on our shores (from a monkey's butt). Expect the unexpected and keep your head down long after you think the coast is clear. Or suffer bad surprises.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Well, they didn’t do tens of thousands, or thousands, or 100s of studies.
              It’s still up in the air if we want to order any. Do we want to drop 8k on a tiny freezer for one vaccine? Might be easier for our population to drive the 200 miles one way for it.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That's not ideal but it stops the disruption to society... FOR THOSE THAT GET VACCINATED.

Let that be fair warning to the anti-vaxxers.

This is an alien virus. A healthcare friend reminded me that HIV was also "alien" when it arrived on our shores (from a monkey's butt). Expect the unexpected and keep your head down long after you think the coast is clear. Or suffer bad surprises.
                After all your racist posts, it’s not surprising to see you start in on homophobic comments too.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

It’s still up in the air if we want to order any. Do we want to drop 8k on a tiny freezer for one vaccine? Might be easier for our population to drive the 200 miles one way for it.
                  I think the model will be to have distribution hubs. From the hubs, they can be shipped on dry ice and are good for a couple of weeks. In non-metro areas, look for scheduled deliveries, sign ups, and wait periods.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• I’m already hearing about some deaths as a result of the vaccine in both the UK and US. Let me guess, those deaths don’t matter as much because there haven’t been that many of them.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I’m already hearing about some deaths as a result of the vaccine in both the UK and US. Let me guess, those deaths don’t matter as much because there haven’t been that many of them.
                      I’d like a link to that. The UK approved the vaccine earlier this week, so I don’t think it’s going he Pfizer vaccine.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• nm

Comment

I’m already hearing about some deaths as a result of the vaccine in both the UK and US. Let me guess, those deaths don’t matter as much because there haven’t been that many of them.
                          https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN28K2R6

Six participants did die during the 44,000 person Pfizer vaccine trial, two of whom were given the vaccine while the other four people received a placebo.

Details of the deaths are laid out in FDA briefing documents, ahead of a Thursday meeting of outside experts to the FDA who will discuss whether to recommend the Pfizer shot for people aged 16 and older.

One of the vaccine recipients had a cardiac arrest 62 days after a second dose of the two-dose vaccination and died three days later. The other died from arteriosclerosis three days after a first dose of the vaccination. One of the placebo recipients died from myocardial infarction, another from haemorrhagic stroke and two others from unknown causes.

The FDA briefings clarify that the deaths were not deemed to be related to the vaccine: “None of these deaths were assessed by the investigator as related to study intervention”. They explain: “All deaths represent events that occur in the general population of the age groups where they occurred, at a similar rate.”

The social media post claims that Pfizer used a “deadly placebo” in order to manipulate data. Pfizer documents show that the placebo is a normal saline, specifically a 0.9% sodium chloride solution for injection, which means it is simply a mixture of salt and water.

I haven't seen any information about deaths as a result of the vaccine, please provide them if you have any.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN28K2R6

I haven't seen any information about deaths as a result of the vaccine, please provide them if you have any.
                            Amazing. We know that everyone dies of Covid except for the people in the study.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Amazing. We know that everyone dies of Covid except for the people in the study.
                              It is the most deadliest thing ever!!!!

Comment

• Here's a good article from this weekend about the development of the vaccine by Pfizer's partner BioNTech - https://www.businessinsider.com/pfiz...eekend-2020-12 - it was designed back in January and basically has been in the testing phases since. There's also a graphic of how the mRNA vaccines work. It'll be interesting to see if BioNTech, Moderna, CureVac, etc., use the whole mRNA process to fight other things, including hopefully even cancer.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X