Pfizer Covid Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    I put this in the political forum because there are people who have politicized it, and have refused to use it because Trump is the one who has spent money on it and used it to end the China Virus. If they doubt it, I say they're welcome to not use it.

So it sounds like this vaccine is almost complete. 90 percent successful is a high threshold.

My question to Wufan who works for Pfizer is
    1. Will the McPherson plant make this vaccine or at least some of it?
    2. What do you think about the 90 percent claim?
    3. Do you know what the side effects will be?
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthca...e-what-to-know
    1. It will not be manufactured in McPherson. Manufacture has already started at the Kalamazoo facility in MI...I believe some sites outside the US as well.

We are making Remdisavir, Azithromycin, Cisatracurium Besylate (for intubation) currently, so we are more of a therapeutics facility for Covid at the moment. We believe we will win business for another Pfizer therapeutic scheduled to come on line in 2022, and a third parties vaccine which I can’t comment on immediately.

2. I haven’t seen the study (that’s not my division so there’s no reason for me to see it), but I have been told by those in the know that it is accurate, but it the patient population was not very large.

3. No idea on side effects, but generally speaking, I wouldn’t be scared to take it.

Two notes:

The vaccine has to be kept cryogenically frozen. This will require some logistical hurdles that teams are working on right now. I expect this to be mostly solved within the first 30 days of launch.

I was made aware of the study findings on November 2. It was just verbally passed to me by a colleague and aligns with what was released today, but it could have just been lucky guess. Also, while the release date is interesting to me, it’s possible that it really was the earliest that it would be prudent to release to the public. Maximum of three weeks ago would have been when they had a good idea, but all that info needs to be heavily vetted...interesting, but not necessarily planned.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Jesus ****ing Christ a lot of you are stupid ****s.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Sorry to break this to some of the people on here, but Pfizer did not take any money from "Operation Warp Speed", so anything posted here that states Trump is responsible for this is repeating fake news.

But count me very happy that the vaccine is getting close to being available. We will soon see if the potential supply chain issues I called out occur.
        Hey Dumb****, did I say they did? Promise me that you're going to buy a few hundred million of my product in a year and watch me move heaven and earth to get it done.

If it wasn't for shitting you'd have no value in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

1. It will not be manufactured in McPherson. Manufacture has already started at the Kalamazoo facility in MI...I believe some sites outside the US as well.

We are making Remdisavir, Azithromycin, Cisatracurium Besylate (for intubation) currently, so we are more of a therapeutics facility for Covid at the moment. We believe we will win business for another Pfizer therapeutic scheduled to come on line in 2022, and a third parties vaccine which I can’t comment on immediately.

2. I haven’t seen the study (that’s not my division so there’s no reason for me to see it), but I have been told by those in the know that it is accurate, but it the patient population was not very large.

3. No idea on side effects, but generally speaking, I wouldn’t be scared to take it.

Two notes:

The vaccine has to be kept cryogenically frozen. This will require some logistical hurdles that teams are working on right now. I expect this to be mostly solved within the first 30 days of launch.

I was made aware of the study findings on November 2. It was just verbally passed to me by a colleague and aligns with what was released today, but it could have just been lucky guess. Also, while the release date is interesting to me, it’s possible that it really was the earliest that it would be prudent to release to the public. Maximum of three weeks ago would have been when they had a good idea, but all that info needs to be heavily vetted...interesting, but not necessarily planned.
          Thank you wufan for sharing these facts. I know you don't have to do it, but it's great. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Could we also get clarification from wufan ….I believe Warp Speed was designed to have the doses ready essentially now, is that not the case? That the companies would go ahead and make the doses ahead of time and be paid (protected) by the government in the event that it turned out the vaccine was either ineffective or even harmful. Is that somewhat correct?
            My understanding, and I could be wrong because I didn’t look that closely at Warp speed (those decisions are above my pay grade), is the following:

We were allowed to initiate manufacture under expedited FDA review prior to approval of the drug or manufacturing process. Normally you have to have all your safety/efficacy data before you can manufacture.

All safety and regulatory requirements must still be met, however the review will occur after manufacture rather than prior to. All the requirements are already laid out in the regs, so it’s not like we are doing some out of this world process. Should be pretty boiler plate.

As for payment from the gov, my understanding is that we will be paid for delivery of units, but I thought they had to be approved. Could be wrong there. We invested an obscene amount of money in this prior to project warp speed, so I could be conflating.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Sorry to break this to some of the people on here, but Pfizer did not take any money from "Operation Warp Speed", so anything posted here that states Trump is responsible for this is repeating fake news.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...not-washington

But count me very happy that the vaccine is getting close to being available. We will soon see if the potential supply chain issues I called out occur.
              You are dumber or maybe as dumb as CB. I didn’t have access to NY Times but their headline said Pfizer to get 1,9 Million for distribution of vaccine by end of year.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...9-vaccine.html

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                I guess Fox News was sitting on this until the election was over because ???. Has nothing to do with, I don’t know, the timeline of Pfizer’s vaccine study.

Again, great news and I would trade a Biden win for a vaccine to end this crap 100/100. Lucky for me, we get both.
                Pfizer released to the public today.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Problem with that is operation warp speed wasn’t just about funding...it was about placing orders and offering expedited review...and perhaps I’m wrong in that those government lead initiatives weren’t called OWS, but this was certainly a US gov partnership with Pfizer.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

A very reasonable post. Thank you.

Everybody else goes right for the 3 standard deviation outlier conspiracy theory.

We really don't have a chance for peace in this country do we?

Can we as Republicans be the grownups in the room and forgive the Dems for the Russia investigation? Can we admit to ourselves that Trump kinda brings the negative attention on himself most of the time? Can we extend an olive branch and listen to the other side without screaming in their faces? Can we at least compromise?

We've got to do something about talk radio. We've got to do something about political opinion television news channels. We need to send all the Americans who binge on Fox News and MSNBC/CNN into a propaganda rehab of sorts.
                    When Ibram X Kendi gives his talk at Pfizer later this month, I will ask him if he is thankful that Pfizer supported Joe Biden as US president elect.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Pfizer notified Biden privately last night. The current administration found out through the media today.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Pfizer notified Biden privately last night. The current administration found out through the media today.
                        We’ve been getting left wing propaganda from our corporate leadership team since May. IMO, a democrat president is good for big pharma.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm ready to take this mother****er into my body. I'll even let wufan pick the injection site and needle gauge!

Let's

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Most of the medical community in America hate Trump's guts. Is that a surprise?

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

We’ve been getting left wing propaganda from our corporate leadership team since May. IMO, a democrat president is good for big pharma.
                              That seems counterintuitive. But never underestimate the "Trump Factor" when it comes to making people do irrational things out of pure emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                I don't know about ya'll, but I'm ready to take this mother****er into my body. I'll even let wufan pick the injection site and needle gauge!

Let's

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                                I will see if I can get a 15 gauge needle. I want to make sure you get the whole thing.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X