No announcement yet.

First Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump won the Supreme Court questions. Of course if the roles were reversed the Dems would be doing the exact same thing. They would be stupid not to. Joe's answer of "My position will be the issue on the issue." I am not sure what he was trying to say. I guess he hasn't been told what is position is.

Trump didn't handle the Covid questions well. Trump should have said something along the lines of:

1. Joe as president you don't have the privilege of hind sight, so you have to look at what was said and done at the time. You criticized all the actions I took at the start of the pandemic. The actions I took saved lives. You were wrong then and can't go back on your words now.

2. As for the mask issue. My policy has been that these policies must be enacted at the state level. I support every state that has issued a mask edict. But as with many things in this great country, what is good for one state might not be the best for another.

He could have even added something along the line of we all know the facts, the biggest question is do you want to make the decision that is best for your family or be controlled by the Federal Government.

3. As for trusting me or the scientists, I would like to assure the American people I am not personally developing a vaccine. I wouldn't trust it if I was either, but the best and brightest at our top pharmaceutical companies are. I am not personally approving it either, but I have directed the head of the FDA and thier scientists to make it their top priority.
    Last edited by jdmee; September 30, 2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Biden looked awful compared to his VP debates in the past. I thought Trump did a pretty good job of making the point that Biden hasn't accomplished anything in 47 years.

Agree with the others that Trump missed some points on the virus.

It hasn't been mentioned but I thought Trump's take on election results was dreadful. He wants his supporters to be poll watchers and report fraud, wtf? I understand there will be some issues with the number of mail in ballots. When those issues are located, they need to be acted upon. I disagree with others on here though as I think it should be easier to cast a vote. It's 2020, I'd love to cast my vote on my mobile device and then the results would be immediate.

Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Trump came off badly.

Biden came off badly.

Wallace came off badly.

Comment

I'm glad I didn't waste my time with it. I don't even think debates move anyone's needle anymore. It's all for the media and political class's consumption.

Maybe back in the 1800's when people didn't really have access to information all the time, they were more valuable, but now, it's just a turd.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Comment

Trump went after Joe like many thought he would. I thought he succeeded for the most part. He absolutely should have stopped interrupting at times and let Joe hang himself because he sure would have. That could have been Trump's way of obliterating Hiden without even saying anything. Give Joe long enough and he will choke.

Hiden once again has nothing of real substance to speak of on what he would do. It is all just "Orange man bad." He flip flopped constantly and I couldn't tell what he was for or against. He's for the green new deal, then he's not. He wants to shut down the economy, then he doesn't. He is a complete joke of a candidate and the Dems should be really scared if that is the best they have.

Then there is this interesting tidbit. I have seen several videos of this. Was Hiden wearing a wire??

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                I'm glad I didn't waste my time with it. I don't even think debates move anyone's needle anymore. It's all for the media and political class's consumption.

Maybe back in the 1800's when people didn't really have access to information all the time, they were more valuable, but now, it's just a turd.
                A lot of people still don't want to consume political information, and receive false or more likely incomplete information and don't try to find out (the news gives so many drama filled one liners, etc. that are skewed, and have some truth but aren't totally truthful). IMO, Fox and guys like Brett Bayer do the best. Chris Wallace is better than other anchors of CBS, and ABC, and that's why so many left leaning moderates watch Fox News more than CNN, and MSNBC (probably NBC too). I'm not sure that these people will learn more from a debate, but there is some good information (although maybe small) to see the candidates side by side for comparison purposes. Although, last night turned more into a food fight for at least some of the time.

Comment

I kept having 'Billy Madison' debate flashbacks...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

142 million Americans over the age of 35 .... And these are the two options we can come up with for the most important position in America. SMDH.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      142 million Americans over the age of 35 .... And these are the two options we can come up with for the most important position in America. SMDH.
                      I hope not many children were watching.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Sometimes I think we should keep the politicians as dumb as possible, however, before we can do that, we need to strip a lot of their powers.

The truly smart people don't go into politics, and that is better for our country, but then we are left with morons who don't know the first thing about what makes America work. It's all about pandering and buying votes. Looking good for cameras and optics. I wish we could reset it all, but I don't think we can. The Federal government was never meant to be this big. Ever.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Chaotic.

Biden's still a political slime-ball who don't work for me, and never did, and The President's 3 supreme court picks can keep the Scales of Justice balanced for the people vs. judges who are controlled by corrupt politicians.
                          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 30, 2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I don't think it move the needle much!?!

I wish I had a screen capture of Biden when the debate started and at the end. When the debate was over he looked very tired and lacked any color in his face. I would love to see a side by side before and after.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Sometimes I think we should keep the politicians as dumb as possible, however, before we can do that, we need to strip a lot of their powers.

The truly smart people don't go into politics, and that is better for our country, but then we are left with morons who don't know the first thing about what makes America work. It's all about pandering and buying votes. Looking good for cameras and optics. I wish we could reset it all, but I don't think we can. The Federal government was never meant to be this big. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                My wife is mad as an old wet hen; she was a Trump supporter before the debate and now says she won’t be voting. It has been said and now shall be written.
                                This is how I predicted Trump will lose, voter apathy. It's not a binary event Trump vs. Biden; it's Trump vs. Biden vs. staying home.

Women are NOT going to like Trump's behavior. I'm sorry that your old lady is going through this, I understand exactly how she feels.

Comment

Working...
                                X