First Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Presidential Debate

I wasn't planning on watching this. I was enjoying the nice weather and spending time at the park. But I did get the last 75%.

Biden did okay but he's running on fumes. He did get feisty at times which should partially cover for Trump's insane behavior as he didn't look bullied to me.

Trump's line of the night: "I did more in 47 mos. than you did in 47 years" ... that made me smile. I also liked the part about "don't talk to me about smart..." when referencing Biden's less than stellar academic record. ROFL!

It was a draw.

Trump missed some opportunities to force Biden to answer questions on whether he supported BLM and whether Biden has plans on blowing up the supreme court.

Biden was pretty much kept his meltdown in check, which is a win for him. The college kids do now have a drinking game every time Biden says "HERE IS THE DEAL"

The end result IMO is it is not going to change minds.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      It was a draw.

Trump missed some opportunities to force Biden to answer questions on whether he supported BLM and whether Biden has plans on blowing up the supreme court.

Biden was pretty much kept his meltdown in check, which is a win for him. The college kids do now have a drinking game every time Biden says "HERE IS THE DEAL"

The end result IMO is it is not going to change minds.
      Chris didn’t let trump hold Biden’s feet to the fire. Horrible.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Biden did say "Antifa is an idea not an Organization" and Biden plan to end the violent protests by "Let's get together and Talk".

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          Chris didn’t let trump hold Biden’s feet to the fire. Horrible.
          Wallace wouldn't know what a debate was even if it jumped up and bit him on the ass.

Comment

I’m not sure what I just witnessed... 90 minutes I’ll never get back. Hannity must have been watching a different debate.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Biden was awful but the expectations were death, so he'll be declared the winner in every media outlet, bank on it.

The real losers are the American people. Chris Wallace was freaking awful...just AWFUL. That might just end his career on Fox. It should end it everywhere, but some lib station will give him work.

Wow that was bad.

Comment

Joe said the Green New Deal would pay for itself, but he doesn't support it

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Joe said the Green New Deal would pay for itself, but he doesn't support it
                  Thank you. He was for it before he was against it. DON'T LOOK AT THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!

Comment

Supreme Court - Trump wins. Could have been a TKO if he could have gotten Biden to answer the question of whether he planned on packing the court.

Covid - Biden wins. Trump needed to press Biden to show his cards on what he would do.

Economy - Biden wins mainly by default. The economy is suffering and is about to get worse.

Race - push. I didn't see Biden make his case that Trump is a racist.

Law and Order - Trump wins. Biden might have even hurt himself with the left because I think I heard him say they need to fund the police more.

Track Records - Push. Biden struggled with the Green New deal

Election Integrity - Push. Biden answered straight forward. Trump put out his concern. The media is setting up this narrative that the election results won't be known for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Election Integrity - Push. Biden answered straight forward. Trump put out his concern. The media is setting up this narrative that the election results won't be known for weeks.
                      Gives them time to mysteriously find boxes of ballots in the trunks of cars.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Trump just can't get out of his own way. He should know Biden, given enough time to show confusion, will hang himself. But true to his character Trump has to have the first and last word without allowing participation, which in this case would have yielded benefit. I know it wouldn't be a true debate, but I would love to see a live mic only for the participant who's turn it is to talk, while the other candidate's mic is muted.

Comment

There's no moderator alive that could have done better than Wallace tonight. Trump acted like a 9 yr. old brat. He probably interrupted 3,000 times. And Wallace was quite friendly to Trump despite attempting to appear scolding all night long. He actually took Trump's lead on Hunter and cross-examined Biden with it. My jaw dropped when I saw that. NO WAY does any Libby moderator do anything but ignore the Hunter issue. He also corrected Biden on Trump's economic accomplishments BEFORE Covid. Then Wallace laughed out loud - on camera - at one of Trump's jokes/digs.

Trump looked like a jackass but he was treated quite well. I wish they could have muted his mic at times as that would have helped his image significantly.

Biden looks like one of those nursing home dudes that takes 15 mins. to step off the curb. Dementia is really a sad/weird thing as you watch the person you know slip away while yet still being alive.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                            Trump just can't get out of his own way. He should know Biden, given enough time to show confusion, will hang himself. But true to his character Trump has to have the first and last word without allowing participation, which in this case would have yielded benefit. I know it wouldn't be a true debate, but I would love to see a live mic only for the participant who's turn it is to talk, while the other candidate's mic is muted.
                            Trump’s strategy was to get under Biden’s skin and show the American people that Joe’s an unfit leader. He came close a couple of times and Joe was teetering, but The Donald’s mouth got in the way.

Comment

My wife is mad as an old wet hen; she was a Trump supporter before the debate and now says she won’t be voting. It has been said and now shall be written.

Comment

Working...
                              X