No announcement yet.

Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on borders is that they can’t be open if you gain government benefits simply by being within the borders. Borders should be closed until we get out of the welfare state. Then we can talk.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      My take on borders is that they can’t be open if you gain government benefits simply by being within the borders. Borders should be closed until we get out of the welfare state. Then we can talk.
      I think the old saying is "You can have a welfare state or open borders, but you can't have both".

Dems don't care. Anything for votes and power.

Comment

• All of a sudden Commiela Harris comes out of hiding when she sees an opportunity to deflect blame with her fake outrage. She is simply doing anything she can to blame anyone else, and now she wants to blame the Border Patrol who actually have to deal with the situation on a daily basis? What a joke of a human being. It's because of her and the Biden administrations utter failure that these agents are in this situation in the first place. Total horseshit.

Vice President Kamala Harris on Tuesday said she is "deeply troubled" by images from the border showing Border Patrol agents on horseback blocking migrants from entering the U.S. – the latest administration official to join the pile on against agents who are dealing with a colossal migrant surge in Del Rio.

Comment

• It is amazing the lengths these awful people will go to feign outrage and divide this country.

This guy probably loses his job (and WRONGLY so if it happens) .....but nothing on Afghanistan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I believe most of us libertarian types believe in open borders, within reason. Many within the LP have talked about Ellis Island style of immigration. You show up legally. You have background checks run and verify whatever needs to be verified. You're given some sort of ID/card that you move on and live like everyone else. You're documented. You've been vetted. And you're allowed to openly contribute to our society.

Most people who come here want to earn their way. They want to make money and contribute. Many want to do it so they can send money home to help their families and there's nothing wrong with that. Forcing them to become criminals simply for wanting to contribute and have a better life is what's truly criminal.

So when most libertarians speak of open borders, it's not simply forget the border and just do what you will. But it is a much simpler way of allowing access to a better life. Wanting to prevent people from having that opportunity is rather disgusting.

Libertarians as a whole were not a fan of Trump and his border policy. They didn't like the "cage" usage. We also didn't like it under Obama and don't support the system being used by Biden. But what more is there to say that we haven't already said here and elsewhere? Obama sucked on immigration. Trump sucked on immigration. Biden sucks on immigration. Whoever wins the next election is likely to suck on immigration. Neither the R or D want to actually solve this issue because it fires up so many on both wings and that's all they truly care about. It's about power and maintaining it. They don't care about doing anything that's actually good or helpful. If they do those things, it's normally going to be a happy accident.
            Biden says the borders are closed. I never mentioned Trump. You are closer to agreeing with Biden’s Open Borders lies than anything else. Only single males and single females are being sent back. All children (do they work?), and families are allowed in and the majority of them are females (with kids it’s difficult for them to work too) with children. Hispanics who I work with disagree with yours(and Biden’s) assessment too. You ignore the Human trafficking that is taking place at the border and beyond because of the border, and the untested and unvaccinated Covid 19 that enters from the south while Texans and other Americans are liable to be fired if the don’t want the vaccine.

Continue to play your game or narrative that Republicans and Democrats are the same. Within 20 years, Texas will be as liberal as California and Californians including relatives that I know are tired of how far left their state has moved in the past 20 years.
            Last edited by Shockm; September 21, 2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Rodney Scott who has worked as the head of the CBP and also worked for other government Border security and anti-terrorist groups says that the agency no longer knows for sure who is coming in from other countries including terrorist groups. They are overwhelmed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...at-is-entering

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Biden says the borders are closed. I never mentioned Trump. You are closer to agreeing with Biden’s Open Borders lies than anything else. Only single males and single females are being sent back. All children (do they work?), and families are allowed in and the majority of them are females (with kids it’s difficult for them to work too) with children. Hispanics who I work with disagree with yours(and Biden’s) assessment too. You ignore the Human trafficking that is taking place at the border and beyond because of the border.

Continue to play your game or narrative that Republicans and Democrats are the same. Within 20 years, Texas will be as liberal as California and Californians including relatives that I know are tired of how far left their state has moved in the past 20 years.
                You ignored or twisted most everything I said in regards to the border.

Nothing I said ignored human trafficking. That's where the vetting and background checks come in. I never once said let everyone in unchecked.

I never said I supported turning away single men or women. Women with kids can work. If they're here with a husband maybe she raises the kids while he works. How old are the kids? Kids can begin working at certain ages.

Though I do love being called a liberal by "conservatives" and conservative by "liberals". Makes me know I'm in a good spot. Nothing that either party does is good for the border or immigration as a whole. It's been the same ****, year after year, for decades.

You want fewer facilities and children being dropped off with no adults around? Stop making it so damn hard to come in and better your life.

You want to slow the flow of human trafficking? Actually run checks and verify who people are before letting them in. Hell, DNA test them to verify the kids belong to the adults they're with if you wish.

You want to increase the amount of illegals that will continue to come here and be illegals? Do nothing. That only makes them more desperate to get in, or get their kids in, in hopes of a better life.

Also, stop the war on drugs. Most of these people are seeking an escape from countries run by, or dominated by, drug cartels or governments that support such things. This makes their way of life more dangerous and prevents economic movement for the masses. Stop supporting authoritarian regimes in central America that thrive off of this chaos and benefit from drugs being illegal in the US. Allow these people a chance to actually have good lives and improve their countries. Some will still come for education or good jobs to help support those back home. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that.

But if you want to pain me and others with some broad brush of believing in anarchy at the border with no rules or regulations, do what you got to do to make yourself feel better.

And I don't care that you didn't mention Trump. I was just emphasizing that both parties and their "leaders" have ****ed this for years and that Republicans are really no better at solving this issue, or even making it better, than Dems are.

And most of America is tired of seeing how far CA has moved left. California should be one of the great beacons of this country. They have everything to offer but have a government that has done it's best to **** it all away and make it a very difficult place to live for many with asinine laws and taxes that hold people back.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nothing I said ignored human trafficking. That's where the vetting and background checks come in. I never once said let everyone in unchecked.

I never said I supported turning away single men or women. Women with kids can work. If they're here with a husband maybe she raises the kids while he works. How old are the kids? Kids can begin working at certain ages.

Though I do love being called a liberal by "conservatives" and conservative by "liberals". Makes me know I'm in a good spot. Nothing that either party does is good for the border or immigration as a whole. It's been the same ****, year after year, for decades.

You want fewer facilities and children being dropped off with no adults around? Stop making it so damn hard to come in and better your life.

You want to slow the flow of human trafficking? Actually run checks and verify who people are before letting them in. Hell, DNA test them to verify the kids belong to the adults they're with if you wish.

You want to increase the amount of illegals that will continue to come here and be illegals? Do nothing. That only makes them more desperate to get in, or get their kids in, in hopes of a better life.

Also, stop the war on drugs. Most of these people are seeking an escape from countries run by, or dominated by, drug cartels or governments that support such things. This makes their way of life more dangerous and prevents economic movement for the masses. Stop supporting authoritarian regimes in central America that thrive off of this chaos and benefit from drugs being illegal in the US. Allow these people a chance to actually have good lives and improve their countries. Some will still come for education or good jobs to help support those back home. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that.

But if you want to pain me and others with some broad brush of believing in anarchy at the border with no rules or regulations, do what you got to do to make yourself feel better.

And I don't care that you didn't mention Trump. I was just emphasizing that both parties and their "leaders" have ****ed this for years and that Republicans are really no better at solving this issue, or even making it better, than Dems are.

And most of America is tired of seeing how far CA has moved left. California should be one of the great beacons of this country. They have everything to offer but have a government that has done it's best to **** it all away and make it a very difficult place to live for many with asinine laws and taxes that hold people back.
                  I want immigrants who will assimilate into America just as the majority of Americans who come from immigrant families have done. I don’t disagree with your opinion that America can use good immigration policies. Immigrants can add to America and our culture just like the past. However, right now, America is being overwhelmed by immigration, not enhanced by immigration.

Comment

I want immigrants who will assimilate into America just as the majority of Americans who come from immigrant families have done. I don’t disagree with your opinion that America can use good immigration policies. Immigrants can add to America and our culture just like the past. However, right now, America is being overwhelmed by ILLEGAL immigration, not enhanced by immigration.
                    FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I think the old saying is "You can have a welfare state or open borders, but you can't have both".

Dems don't care. Anything for votes and power.
                      It’s not a saying, it’s Milton Friedman, but as the saying goes “Youth is wasted on the young”.

Comment

Then you don't support open borders. You might support an simplified immigration process, but I can't see that as supporting open borders.

Comment

• If they passed a law stating 'asylum' seekers and those in the country illegally could not vote for 25 years, but could stay, even with welfare benefits the Dems wouldn't give a rat's ass about immigrants.

There is a workable process here, but that can't happen in this political climate. Chaos is the skeleton key of the left. Crisis is the shoehorn of communism. You can't summon change when society works. I don't even think the left wants change at this point. They want to keep the luxurious America, they just want power and control, which leads to the money of the federal gov't (the largest piggy bank in all the land where a million going missing doesn't even register a eye-blink). So to do that, they used to need ideas that helped people. Now you just paint the other guy as a bastard. Split any issue into factions and make hay.

That's it. Prey on the poor, of other countries now because there aren't enough poor here to ensure Dem victories everywhere.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Though I do love being called a liberal
                            Your immigration ideas and policies are very liberal.
                            [/QUOTE]

Illegals at the border have been identified as coming from the Middle East, South America, Africa, Asia, and many other places in the world. They aren’t always desperate, but with your ideas, El Dorado, and the United States should take in the world. No other country does this. Currently we have no borders. A country wit no borders ceases to be a country.

Comment

• Its interesting that Biden's approval rating has dipped below Trump's, yet there are no protests. I'm actually glad, as I hope to never see that type of mass hysteria again.

I just wonder if the dems have already annointed his replacement for the next election. A post turtle could beat Biden today.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Your immigration ideas and policies are very liberal.
                                Illegals at the border have been identified as coming from the Middle East, South America, Africa, Asia, and many other places in the world. They aren’t always desperate, but with your ideas, El Dorado, and the United States should take in the world. No other country does this. Currently we have no borders. A country wit no borders ceases to be a country.[/QUOTE]

Nothing I said supports illegal immigration. How you keep coming to that conclusion baffles me.

Though overly partisan people tend to read what they want into everything.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X