Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Sounds scary though. And the shorter barrel creates a huge fireball of wasted gunpowder. Very inaccurate also due to removed rifling length.

#BanScaryThings
    #IBuyScaryThings
    Exactly! Restricting short barreled rifles is an emotional response that impacts no ones safety (compared to the alternative), makes law abiding citizens accidental criminals, and infringes on natural rights.

So, when this ban doesn’t stop mass shootings, further infringements will be necessary. Lose-lose.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I agree with the sentiment here, but I am sympathetic to the mentally ill that have access to firearms. I totally disagree with the red flag laws that I have seen implemented, but don’t think the discussion should be abandoned. No easy answer obviously.

As to the new fire arms definition, I’m guessing it will apply to any pointy or edged object greater than 3 inches.
      I don't disagree with the mentally ill aspect, to a point. I simply don't trust government to not over encompass mental illness to restrict access to a lot of people who are perfectly safe and not a threat to themselves or others.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Exactly! Restricting short barreled rifles is an emotional response that impacts no ones safety (compared to the alternative), makes law abiding citizens accidental criminals, and infringes on natural rights.

So, when this ban doesn’t stop mass shootings, further infringements will be necessary. Lose-lose.
        Short-barrel rifle ownership is a natural right? If you say so.

Government imposed regulations are an evolving thing. It's something that we need, but don't want too much of.

I wish I could easily buy automatic weapons. I could have prior to 1986. But I think you'd agree that widespread ownership of automatic weapons in 2021 would probably be a bad idea. So gun restrictions are necessary. They aren't always a lose-lose.

Everybody needs to come together, unplugged, free from the narratives of their puppet masters. Then we shall all sit down and solve problems at an unimaginable rate.

The political machinery wants the Left to fear/hate the Right, and the Right to fear/hate the Left. We are all humans who want basically the same things. It's the details that are being used against us to keep the puppeteers in power.

#UnBleepingPlug

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I don't disagree with the mentally ill aspect, to a point. I simply don't trust government to not over encompass mental illness to restrict access to a lot of people who are perfectly safe and not a threat to themselves or others.
          It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we got into a nuanced discussion on this topic and ended up with nothing to debate.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Short-barrel rifle ownership is a natural right? If you say so.

Government imposed regulations are an evolving thing. It's something that we need, but don't want too much of.

I wish I could easily buy automatic weapons. I could have prior to 1986. But I think you'd agree that widespread ownership of automatic weapons in 2021 would probably be a bad idea. So gun restrictions are necessary. They aren't always a lose-lose.

Everybody needs to come together, unplugged, free from the narratives of their puppet masters. Then we shall all sit down and solve problems at an unimaginable rate.

The political machinery wants the Left to fear/hate the Right, and the Right to fear/hate the Left. We are all humans who want basically the same things. It's the details that are being used against us to keep the puppeteers in power.

#UnBleepingPlug
            I don’t think owning a SBR is a natural right, I believe the right to self-defense, and if necessary, to form a militia are natural rights.

I don’t think a SBR is a good choice in either of those instances, but who am I to say. Regardless, the standard set is arbitrary and protects literally no one from being the victim of a crime.

On automatic weapons, I’m willing to compromise. An automatic weapon is less discriminating at effectively neutralizing its intended target. There is an argument to make that a firearm that shoots multiple bullets with one trigger pull could be an undue safety burden to neutral citizens. To put it in plain language, I might shoot someone that I don’t want to by the nature of the weapon, thereby causing a safety issue.

That’s my common sense gun regulation. That’s as far as I’m willing to compromise.
            Livin the dream

Comment

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we got into a nuanced discussion on this topic and ended up with nothing to debate.
              Don't lose any sleep over that.

Comment

• This should be fun!

Biden also announced he is nominating David Chipman, a gun control advocate, to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, or ATF.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I don’t think owning a SBR is a natural right, I believe the right to self-defense, and if necessary, to form a militia are natural rights.

I don’t think a SBR is a good choice in either of those instances, but who am I to say. Regardless, the standard set is arbitrary and protects literally no one from being the victim of a crime.

On automatic weapons, I’m willing to compromise. An automatic weapon is less discriminating at effectively neutralizing its intended target. There is an argument to make that a firearm that shoots multiple bullets with one trigger pull could be an undue safety burden to neutral citizens. To put it in plain language, I might shoot someone that I don’t want to by the nature of the weapon, thereby causing a safety issue.

That’s my common sense gun regulation. That’s as far as I’m willing to compromise.
                  Oh, you want to talk about hitting targets now do ya?

Law enforcement traditionally have a hit-rate of around 33%. So 2/3rd's of the bullets they let fly are stray. What do you think the hit rate is of mom and pop w/ their 357 S&W in a dark alley? Much less. I studied what happens to the mind and body in officer-involved shootings and it is totally bizarre. Loss of fine motor skills, hearing, vision, and time distortion. It's a fascinating subject. The one thing I got out of it is... when confronted by an officer who's drawn his gun, you better not move a single finger and follow every one of his commands because he isn't in "his right mind" at that moment.

You could make the argument that avid conceal-carriers are better trained to fire under pressure than your average beat cop and you'd have a strong case. When I was gung-ho, I practiced often and took part in indoor shooting competitions. I understood intimately how to fire accurately under some stress. How I would perform against an aggressive adversary shooting back, I do not know. Probably poorly. But with 21 rds, I bet I hit him at least 5 times. :D

I still believe that stun guns are far better self-defense choices than firearms. Bullets have to hit very specific points to be effective. Stun guns just need to be pressed against any part of the body.

Guns are much cooler than stun guns though. And there's an industry worth billions screaming at you to buy more.

I kinda like Switzerland's model. Everybody can own their personal military rifle and pistol and all have been trained to use and maintain it. We probably have far too many guns in this country in the hands of far too many untrained/unstable individuals.

Comment

This should be fun!

Biden also announced he is nominating David Chipman, a gun control advocate, to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, or ATF.
                    Better have your permits handy! The ATF is notorious for unscheduled visits.

Comment

• Mark Walker
                      @RepMarkWalker

President Biden took the oath to uphold and defend our Constitution. Now he's saying that "no amendment to the Constitution is absolute." Which is it, Joe?

Comment

• Anna Giaritelli
                        @Anna_Giaritelli

BREAKING: More than 172,000 people attempted to come across the border from Mexico illegally in March - it’s the highest monthly total in 15 years

Comment

And it's way more than just an accuracy issue. Had the Autistic dipshit who went into Sandy Hook brought with him a fully automatic AR-15 w/ a cycle rate of 400 rds/min, he'd have been able to empty his 30 rd magazine into a classroom in 4.5 seconds. If he had coupled magazines (think 3 mags connected side-by-side - tape or rubber bands work), he'd be able to unload 90 rds. into a classroom in under 15 seconds.

Adam had 10 30rd magazines. His shooting spree lasted 5 mins. In that time he unloaded 154 rds. Fully automatic he could have unloaded 1,800 rds in that same time-frame. Of course there would be the issue of carrying all that ammo, but you get the point.

How about a nice 100 rd drum for the AR-15?

Featuring steel-reinforced feed lips and an advanced polymer over-molded body, the KCI® AR-15 .223/5.56mm 100-Round Gen 2 Drum Magazine is a tried and true drum magazine, specifically engineered for volume target shooters and tactical shooters alik

So yeah... there's a lot "better" things they could ban besides a pistol shoulder stock...

Just being a straight-shooter... :(

I honestly think we have incredible gun rights in this country. As much squawking as you see from the right and the left, you'd think our only options were BB guns. I can buy some of the most horrendous **** you'd ever imagine right now. And forget about bump stocks. Putting a thumb in your belt loop works just fine. And if you really want full-auto, there's unlimited ways to make your semi-auto weapons fire in that manner... if you don't mind a 20 yr federal prison sentence when caught.

We really have a looooooooooooooong way to go before our right to bear arms is compromised. Even your average high-powered hunting rifle would have the "authorities" turning tail and running with the quickness. Why am I even talking like this lol. So the point is, if/when you feel your rights are at risk (like I did after Sandy Hook and Obama's tears), go buy some horrendous ****, raise it to the sky, and cry FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM! Everybody will just look at you odd.

Oh, and please wear your mask when you go to the gun store. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Anna Giaritelli
                            @Anna_Giaritelli

BREAKING: More than 172,000 people attempted to come across the border from Mexico illegally in March - it’s the highest monthly total in 15 years
                            Not surprising. They were told (by us?) that the borders will be open if Biden wins. Last I checked the borders aren't open and there's plenty of "kids n' cages".

Unplug.

No seriously... unplug.

Comment

And it's way more than just an accuracy issue. Had the Autistic dipshit who went into Sandy Hook brought with him a fully automatic AR-15 w/ a cycle rate of 400 rds/min, he'd have been able to empty his 30 rd magazine into a classroom in 4.5 seconds. If he had coupled magazines (think 3 mags connected side-by-side - tape or rubber bands work), he'd be able to unload 90 rds. into a classroom in under 15 seconds.

Adam had 10 30rd magazines. His shooting spree lasted 5 mins. In that time he unloaded 154 rds. Fully automatic he could have unloaded 1,800 rds in that same time-frame. Of course there would be the issue of carrying all that ammo, but you get the point.

How about a nice 100 rd drum for the AR-15?

Featuring steel-reinforced feed lips and an advanced polymer over-molded body, the KCI® AR-15 .223/5.56mm 100-Round Gen 2 Drum Magazine is a tried and true drum magazine, specifically engineered for volume target shooters and tactical shooters alik

So yeah... there's a lot "better" things they could ban besides a pistol shoulder stock...

Just being a straight-shooter... :(

I honestly think we have incredible gun rights in this country. As much squawking as you see from the right and the left, you'd think our only options were BB guns. I can buy some of the most horrendous **** you'd ever imagine right now. And forget about bump stocks. Putting a thumb in your belt loop works just fine. And if you really want full-auto, there's unlimited ways to make your semi-auto weapons fire in that manner... if you don't mind a 20 yr federal prison sentence when caught.

We really have a looooooooooooooong way to go before our right to bear arms is compromised. Even your average high-powered hunting rifle would have the "authorities" turning tail and running with the quickness. Why am I even talking like this lol. So the point is, if/when you feel your rights are at risk (like I did after Sandy Hook and Obama's tears), go buy some horrendous ****, raise it to the sky, and cry FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM! Everybody will just look at you odd.

Oh, and please wear your mask when you go to the gun store. :)
                              All of this is true, so stop regulating barrel length and furniture and start going after criminals.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Not surprising. They were told (by us?) that the borders will be open if Biden wins. Last I checked the borders aren't open and there's plenty of "kids n' cages".

Unplug.

No seriously... unplug.
                                WOW.

Talk about the need to unplug.

Comment

Working...
                                X