Trump 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
    I'll have to do some asking around but it wouldn't surprise me if all of the Democrats I know voted by mail vs all of the Republicans I know vote in person.
    And why do Democrat and Republican family members in Oklahoma and Colorado behave so similarly, but in Kansas completely different? Statistically, it makes no sense.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why? Why would your Democrat family members behave so drastically different than your Republican family members?
      The Democrats have a much different stance on Covid-19 for one. The other factor is location. The Republicans in my family live in rural areas whereas the Democrats live in more densely populated areas. No idea why Oklahoma and Colorado aren't similar. I did hear on the news the other day more democrats were voting by mail in Florida. You may check out their numbers.

I received several of those mailers for requesting an advance ballot this year.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
        I did hear on the news the other day more democrats were voting by mail in Florida. You may check out their numbers.
        In Florida, 60% of registered Dems requested mail-in ballots, while 59% of Republicans did. Again, practically identical behavior.

Comment

• Since we are a 'purple' state, our AG (and since all statewide elected officials, including the Supreme Court) are R's, they are trying to do anything to disenfranchise people, like only allowing one drop box for absentee ballots per county (Harris county has a population of over 5 million, so go figure). They make a pronouncement - for instance, governor has allowed local counties to determine whether masking is mandatory or optional, but for some reason he made polling locations optional - and the AG (who is a crook - he had seven of his assistants resign after they turned him in for a potential bribery case (not counting the other felony he has been indicted for)) enforced the order by appealing to the Texas Supreme Court who backed him up.

For those of you who are skeptical of me calling our AG a crook, google Ken Paxton Nate Paul. All seven of his top lieutenants, who are all republicans, turned him in and all seven are now gone. Two fired and five resigned....SMH.

Good news is I voted early and everyone was masked up, even though it was not a requirement.

Comment

In Florida, 60% of registered Dems requested mail-in ballots, while 59% of Republicans did. Again, practically identical behavior.
            There is an 18 point difference in return rate though between the two parties.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• BTW -- whoever bought out the Drudgereport is seriously anti-Trump. I mean like TDS overload. Weird that Drudge would have sold to that type of organization/person, and a shame -- it used to be a decent source.

Comment

BTW -- whoever bought out the Drudgereport is seriously anti-Trump. I mean like TDS overload. Weird that Drudge would have sold to that type of organization/person, and a shame -- it used to be a decent source.
                He had a falling out with Trump and they have been feuding since. BTW, Drudges traffic has dropped 45% since he went anti-trump

Comment

• Uh oh! Dems can't get people out to vote in one of their most critical areas, Miami-Dade County.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ans-miami-2020

Democrats are turning out at lower rates than Republicans in Florida’s largest county, Miami-Dade, after Democratic nominee Joe Biden's campaign pared down field operations because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Campaign operatives told Politico that door-to-door efforts to persuade voters to jump on the Biden bandwagon were at a standstill and without funding -- despite record-breaking fundraising hauls by the campaign -- for months leading up to the final stretch before Election Day.

“We did not get the kind of funding for different vendors who would do that type of work until late in the campaign,” Rep. Frederica Wilson, who represents Miami’s heavily Black congressional district, told Politico.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

He had a falling out with Trump and they have been feuding since. BTW, Drudges traffic has dropped 45% since he went anti-trump
                    Good, its awful now.

Comment

• Interesting take from one of the very few pollsters who chose Trump to win in 2016: https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-pol...in-11604011863

Basically says that in the polls there is a "social desirability bias" where because the media have relentlessly attacked Trump, "poll respondents who sympathize with the president, or who believe his administration has on balance done more good than harm, may be forgiven for not saying so to a stranger over the phone".

And generally more Trump voters don't want their vote to be public, so they aren't likely to give an answer since it's tied to their phone number and can be associated to them in some way.

And if you think he's a Trump shill ... you'd be wrong. He wants to be right more than he cares who wins:

“For me it’s not a left-right thing,” he says. “I run a business. It’s not in my interest to pump up a Republican candidate just for the sake of it. I need to get it right.”
                      By the way -- he didn't just call the Trump victory in 2016. He called Florida, Pennsylvania and Michigan. That's kind of unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        I talked to the boss today. Marshall isn't going anywhere. The mega-haters need to start devising an exit strategy to save face while they still can.

CB Out!
                        I talked to the boss today. Trump isn’t going anywhere. The MAGA-haters need to start devising an exit strategy to save face while they still can.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Times endorsement isn't surprising, but an endorsement from the Post-Gazette sure is. Glad to see there is some common sense out there beyond the Midwest.

But that's not too hard to believe when one considers the very thought of this lying and inappropriately gigglin' trollop occupying a seat in the White House:

ANTIFA.jpg

Someone would have to absolutely hate peace in the Middle East and energy independence for America, along with the termination of the #1 terrorist in the Arab world (including Iran) and police reform (First Step Act) to vote for this...

Comment

• Not that surprising for the PG. They changed leadership in 2018 and the editorial staff is right leaning now. I'm not trying to diminish the endorsement, but it's just not a surprise.

I like the Times. I would have expected the Trump endorsement for sure, but the Times doesn't get enough run in my opinion for fair journalism.

Comment

• Whoa... this is the first time I have seen a major pollster call Biden and underdog, if he loses a single state (Pennsylvania):

Trump had an onslaught of rallies in Penn too.

Comment

Working...
                                X