No announcement yet.

Trump 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I don't DOUBT that this is happening all over the country one bit.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Let's use Oklahoma as an example. Oklahoma has a much closer ratio in terms of Dem-to-Repub registered voters:

Dems: 739,762
      Republicans: 1,000,696

So what does their behavior look like?
      Party Returned Ballots Freq. Distribution Requested Ballots Return Rate
      Democrats 171,634 47.7 159,780 69.1
      Republicans 90,588 39.1 140,115 64.7

Well .... 21.5% of Dems have requested mail in ballots -- exact same percent as Republicans in Kansas. And 14% of Republicans.

Now explain to me why:

21.5% of Oklahoma Dems have requested mail in ballots.
      14% of Oklahoma Republicans have requested mail in ballots.
      21.5% of Kansas Republicans have requested mail in ballots.
      (all somewhat reasonable)

... buuut ...

48% of Kansas Dems have requested mail in ballots?!?!

Absurd.

Comment

• Seriously ... Republicans in the state legislature should be throwing some red challenge flags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Yeah so take a look at in person results so far ...

In-Person Votes by Party Registration
          Party Count Percent
          Democrats 52,946 24.0
          Republicans 126,239 57.1
          No Party Affiliation 39,898 18.1
          Is anything fishy about these numbers? More than 2:1 in person? I am not a conspiracy theory person unless there is a helluva lot of real evidence. Trump will carry Kansas, but by a smaller margin than 2016. He's lost votes in pretty much every other state, why would we be different?

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post

Is anything fishy about these numbers? More than 2:1 in person? I am not a conspiracy theory person unless there is a helluva lot of real evidence. Trump will carry Kansas, but by a smaller margin than 2016. He's lost votes in pretty much every other state, why would we be different?
            No, as explained earlier .... 52,946/480,000 = 11%. 126,239/880,000 = 14.3%. It's reasonable. Switch them and give Dems the advantage, I don't care. It'd still be reasonable. 21.5% to 48% is NOT even CLOSE to statistically reasonable, when we are talking about BEHAVIOR patterns.

Comment

If Trump loses, I'll accept it. It's not about that. It's about calling out a GLARING, unexplainable anomaly for what it is. Here is where I am getting my registered voter numbers in case I didn't post it before.

Comment

If Trump loses, I'll accept it. It's not about that. It's about calling out a GLARING, unexplainable anomaly for what it is. Here is where I am getting my registered voter numbers in case I didn't post it before.
                Will be interesting to see the final vote counts to see if total votes are consistent with years past. I contend that polls are often wrong because saying you prefer one candidate is different than actually getting out to pull the lever.

Comment

Will be interesting to see the final vote counts to see if total votes are consistent with years past.
                  If something dirty is going on, I suspect it's more about trying to flip Kansas in the senate than about Trump.

Comment

• If you recall, back in late August an outfit called Center for Voter Information started flooding Kansas with 800,000 mail in ballot applications aimed at under represented groups said to include minorities, unmarried women and young people. My wife, a democrat received at least 2 of these. So I think the under represented they mailed to also included dems in general. This effort by CVI could very well have had an effect on the numbers who requested mail in ballots.

Also, in my house the wife routinely votes by mail and I will vote in person on Election Day.

Comment

If something dirty is going on, I suspect it's more about trying to flip Kansas in the senate than about Trump.
                      Gotcha, I think in-person voting will dramatically favor Marshall and he wins. Polls show it being close, but I think he prevails.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                        If you recall, back in late August an outfit called Center for Voter Information started flooding Kansas with 800,000 mail in ballot applications aimed at under represented groups said to include minorities, unmarried women and young people. My wife, a democrat received at least 2 of these. So I think the under represented they mailed to also included dems in general. This effort by CVI could very well have had an effect on the numbers who requested mail in ballots.

Also, in my house the wife routinely votes by mail and I will vote in person on Election Day.
                        No I didn't recall. So I just looked it up and saw 450,000 applications were sent to women and minorities. Wonder what other states they targeted?

Comment

Yeah so take a look at in person results so far ...

In-Person Votes by Party Registration
                          Party Count Percent
                          Democrats 52,946 24.0
                          Republicans 126,239 57.1
                          No Party Affiliation 39,898 18.1
                          where are u getting this information from?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

where are u getting this information from?

Comment

• This doesn't surprise me at all. I'll have to do some asking around but it wouldn't surprise me if all of the Democrats I know voted by mail vs all of the Republicans I know vote in person. Admittedly I'm only referring to about 20 family members so it may not be representative of the whole.

I'm not sure why it matters how people vote in the first place. I'd prefer to vote via my phone online and think that should be an option in the future.
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                                This doesn't surprise me at all. I'll have to do some asking around but it wouldn't surprise me if all of the Democrats I know voted by mail vs all of the Republicans I know vote in person.
                                Why? Why would your Democrat family members behave so drastically different than your Republican family members?

Comment

Working...
                                X