Any Trump fans getting tired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

Do we have racist policies now, I don't think so.

We absolutely have racist policies today. There are all kinds of policies that when all is equal it is demanded a person of color is chosen over a white person for school admission, scholarships, jobs etc. Those are policies based on race (based on skin color but you get my point).

Apparently the complaint is that we don't have enough of the right kind of racist policies in place, yet.

If you do 3 simple things you all but guarantee you won't be poor in this country. Graduate high school (basically everyone can do that), don't have children out of wedlock, and get a job, any job. That's it. All choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I've stated many times that what America needed the moment we realized the virus was on our shores was a very un-American response. Had Trump came on the television with a look of stern resolve, asking Americans to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with arms locked for the next 30 days, barely leaving their houses to get the mail, we'd have knocked this virus totally out of our country by April. Instead, he chose the "relaxed method" then added the bonus of taunting and trolling his doctors and scientists via Twitter so his lemmings could believe everything was a political conspiracy and/or an affront to their liberty. He actually did the exact opposite of what he needed to do.
      I think he's done a pretty good job. Anybody can criticize using hindsight

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I think he's done a pretty good job. Anybody can criticize using hindsight
        I agree with you 100% about hindsight. I was just responding to wufan's comment about Totalitarianism.

My official statement on what Trump should have done, 20/20 hindsight capability removed, is just got the **** out of the way and allowed the experts to lead the country. When you're at war, you allow your generals to fight the war; when you're fighting a pandemic, you allow the scientists to fight the pandemic. At the very beginning Trump did a fairly good job. Once he decided he was going to "open everything up" and cajole his supporters to rebel, he was finished in my book.

The irony of this whole thing is, we could have opened up MUCH faster if everybody would have adopted mask-wearing, social-distancing, and NO restaurant/bar patronage (except for carryout and outdoor seating). But Trump's vanity would not allow him to have us all walking around like the "Asians/Chinese" wearing masks. He thought it was beneath us. It actually would have saved 10's of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars.

Oh well...

Comment

• I can't really argue with anything anybody said because in general I agree. Someone asked what is systemic racism and was just trying to define it based on my understanding.

One thing is that for someone who does believe that way the "other people have done it why don't you" argument isn't a winning one.

Comment

I've stated many times that what America needed the moment we realized the virus was on our shores was a very un-American response. Had Trump came on the television with a look of stern resolve, asking Americans to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with arms locked for the next 30 days, barely leaving their houses to get the mail, we'd have knocked this virus totally out of our country by April. Instead, he chose the "relaxed method" then added the bonus of taunting and trolling his doctors and scientists via Twitter so his lemmings could believe everything was a political conspiracy and/or an affront to their liberty. He actually did the exact opposite of what he needed to do.
            Do you think that maybe he was leaning on his "experts" to guide him on the seriousness and that maybe GodFauciGod misled him? Didn't he come out in January / February and say it wasn't a big deal? I think so.

"Bottom line, we don’t have to worry about this one, right?” asked Greg Kelly, the host.

Fauci said, “Obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kind of things the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing. But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”
            On Jan. 26, Fauci gave an interview to John Catsimatidis, a syndicated radio host in New York. “What can you tell the American people about what’s been going on?” Catsimatidis asked. “Should they be scared?”

“I don’t think so,” Fauci said. “The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously.”

Fauci reiterated that COVID-19 “isn’t something the American people need to worry about or be frightened about” because, at the time, it was centered in China and the U.S. could screen travelers from that nation.
            Fauci on February 29th:

"no immediate need for social distancing"
            I don't fault or blame the President for trying to remain calm and reassure the American people rather than cause widespread panic. That does nobody any good. As it became more clear that it was a threat, he and his task force told people to social distance and wear masks.

Comment

I agree with you 100% about hindsight. I was just responding to wufan's comment about Totalitarianism.

My official statement on what Trump should have done, 20/20 hindsight capability removed, is just got the **** out of the way and allowed the experts to lead the country. When you're at war, you allow your generals to fight the war; when you're fighting a pandemic, you allow the scientists to fight the pandemic. At the very beginning Trump did a fairly good job. Once he decided he was going to "open everything up" and cajole his supporters to rebel, he was finished in my book.

The irony of this whole thing is, we could have opened up MUCH faster if everybody would have adopted mask-wearing, social-distancing, and NO restaurant/bar patronage (except for carryout and outdoor seating). But Trump's vanity would not allow him to have us all walking around like the "Asians/Chinese" wearing masks. He thought it was beneath us. It actually would have saved 10's of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars.

Oh well...
              His experts were also saying it was no big deal so I don't understand your reasoning on that. He was following their lead and they F'd things up and then he stepped in like a leader should.

Comment

• Regarding racist policies, go apply for any government job. You get additional hiring points for almost anything except for being a white male.

Comment

Oh well...
                  The good Dr. disagrees with you.

blame.jpg

I'll post what the ghouls cuomo and whitmer said about their President's response, time permitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

We absolutely have racist policies today. There are all kinds of policies that when all is equal it is demanded a person of color is chosen over a white person for school admission, scholarships, jobs etc. Those are policies based on race (based on skin color but you get my point).

Apparently the complaint is that we don't have enough of the right kind of racist policies in place, yet.

If you do 3 simple things you all but guarantee you won't be poor in this country. Graduate high school (basically everyone can do that), don't have children out of wedlock, and get a job, any job. That's it. All choices.
                    Kinda like this?

Comment

• You guys need a little perspective: In the beginning, Fauci and Co. were working for Trump, they still are. But they were not acting with authority. They may have appeared to do so on television, but I assure you they caught hell later if they said something Trump didn't like. Had they been allowed to set policy and react to changes in the data at will, I have little doubt our country would have looked a lot more like the successful Covid countries than one of the top 5 worst.

There was an issue with a shortage of PPE in the beginning and that was used as the excuse for saying we don't need to wear masks, but as soon as that issue was rectified, I guarantee you the healthcare experts would have gone full throttle masking. There would have been no confusion, little political uprising; it would have been clear leadership. And then they would have reacted to the numbers and adjusted responses accordingly.

There is a chance we would have still had severe problems, and if that was the case, Trump could have directed the blame to the experts. The way he handled it, he left himself wide open for criticism. And it's in a field he really has no clue about. It was never the right play. Trump's ego was the culprit.

Comment

• BB639A62-A1F9-4E58-94E0-8F683606EBAE.jpeg Ads like this tell me that he isn’t polling very well.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

You guys need a little perspective: In the beginning, Fauci and Co. were working for Trump, they still are. But they were not acting with authority. They may have appeared to do so on television, but I assure you they caught hell later if they said something Trump didn't like. Had they been allowed to set policy and react to changes in the data at will, I have little doubt our country would have looked a lot more like the successful Covid countries than one of the top 5 worst.

There was an issue with a shortage of PPE in the beginning and that was used as the excuse for saying we don't need to wear masks, but as soon as that issue was rectified, I guarantee you the healthcare experts would have gone full throttle masking. There would have been no confusion, little political uprising; it would have been clear leadership. And then they would have reacted to the numbers and adjusted responses accordingly.

There is a chance we would have still had severe problems, and if that was the case, Trump could have directed the blame to the experts. The way he handled it, he left himself wide open for criticism. And it's in a field he really has no clue about. It was never the right play. Trump's ego was the culprit.
                          You are still reading the whole situation wrong. Fascinating.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

You guys need a little perspective: In the beginning, Fauci and Co. were working for Trump, they still are. But they were not acting with authority. They may have appeared to do so on television, but I assure you they caught hell later if they said something Trump didn't like. Had they been allowed to set policy and react to changes in the data at will, I have little doubt our country would have looked a lot more like the successful Covid countries than one of the top 5 worst.

This is all hearsay Cold.

Comment

You guys need a little perspective: In the beginning, Fauci and Co. were working for Trump, they still are. But they were not acting with authority. They may have appeared to do so on television.
                              blame.jpg

Are you implying fauci is a liar, twice over? Glad you finally came around.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X