Any Trump fans getting tired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I think there are individual acts of racism.

I think there are systemic issues while maybe not racist on their face, have disparate impact on black people.

But in keeping with the thread title. Trump sucks, be sure to vote twice
    Explain systemic racism, then give examples please.

It's an honest inquiry.

Comment

• I truly feel bad for democrats because their party has been so busy saying, “look over there” at the racism and injustice. Meanwhile, actual racists and anti-American factions have infiltrated their ranks with the soul justification of their existence to burn it all down. The Clinton democrats are truly homeless and have no idea of the fate that awaits them when the party they support takes power.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Antifa is systemically racist. Their dream scenario, if it played out would hurt black communities most.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I think there are systemic issues while maybe not racist on their face, have disparate impact on black people.

If there are (and I'm not saying yes or no but we should talk about it) is it not also likely that there are systemic issues within the black community that have a negative effect on black people? If not an even greater negative effect?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If there are (and I'm not saying yes or no but we should talk about it) is it not also likely that there are systemic issues within the black community that have a negative effect on black people? If not an even greater negative effect?
            I believe both are true in certain black communities. I don't think you can treat the black "community" as a monolith. There are certainly black communities with toxic self defeating cultures creating negative feedback loops within a racist system. Parts of Chicago for example.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• What are the systemic issues we should be fighting?
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Isn’t that a statement of the obvious to any rational human being? Of course black lives matter, just like any human life. I feel like when it’s separated out like that, it makes it seem like black lives matter more than any other life. There were more white people killed by cops than black people. Do their lives not matter?

If a black person is filmed being shot at by a white police officer, it seems like it’s assumed just because the guy is black. That’s it. No other circumstances exist. That’s a problem. And then to compound the problem, the .01% of actual incidents where bad cops are involved and doing something inherently wrong, we should then defund the entire police department and assume all cops are bad/racist. And anyone who disagrees with that stance is a racist. And the media just fans the flames. Nothing else matters. Rapists don’t matter. Murderers don’t matter. Sex crimes don’t matter. Just black guys getting shot at by cops apparently for no reason other than them being black. Is that really what this whole movement is behind?

It sure seems a lot of those getting arrested at these protests are people who have decent rap sheets. In essence, the people who don’t respect the law want it to disappear because... duh... they don’t follow it. So no police = they can truly do whatever the eff they want. I’m going off topic now, but the movement was flawed from the beginning and is showing no signs of rational thought or solutions.
                I hear what you're saying, but it's not Black Lives Matter More.

Twice as many white people are fatally shot by the police as black people. There are roughly 6x more white people in this country, so the raw numbers aren't telling you the data. 2015-2020 you are 2.5x more likely to get shot by police if you are black as compared to white.

There is certainly some hysteria around it, but as video becomes more ubiquitous I think people are shocked at how quickly and under which scenarios cops resort to deadly force and how they treat suspects in general.

People still want murderers and rapists punished. I would part with a large sum of money to throw the switch on the Carr Brothers for instance.

Comment

I hear what you're saying, but it's not Black Lives Matter More.

Twice as many white people are fatally shot by the police as black people. There are roughly 6x more white people in this country, so the raw numbers aren't telling you the data. 2015-2020 you are 2.5x more likely to get shot by police if you are black as compared to white.

There is certainly some hysteria around it, but as video becomes more ubiquitous I think people are shocked at how quickly and under which scenarios cops resort to deadly force and how they treat suspects in general.

People still want murderers and rapists punished. I would part with a large sum of money to throw the switch on the Carr Brothers for instance.
                  What we attribute as racism has much more to do with income inequality than racism. If you look at the white people shot by police, you will find them in the very same economic strata as the blacks that get shot. The white people shot do the same resisting, exhibit the same behaviors and get into the same trouble. Instead of looking into the commonalities of those shot by police, we separate them into black and white, then start arguing over how it is or isn't racism.

As for getting shot on a traffic stop, I heard LeBron say that he has to warn his kids how to behave if they encounter police. He went on to say that white dads don't have to do this with their sons. I thought for a moment, then I realized, yes, I had that talk with my dad, I also have had that talk with my boys. The talk came with my learners permit and then again, when I got my license. My dad taught me exactly how to behave when encountered by the police, including not incriminating myself, but most of all, to be polite and cooperative. And yes, my dad told me and I passed it to my boys, this is how you stay out of jail and don't end up shot. The talk had zero to do with race, just staying alive.

Yes, there is racism all around us, its nowhere near what it was 25 years ago. Systematic racism, no. Redining doesn't happen anymore, banks loan money colorblind. Colleges actively recruit minorities, so does big business. There is no way to change the heart of a bigot, but systematic racism has effectively been eliminated.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I don't think you can treat the black "community" as a monolith. There are certainly black communities with toxic self defeating cultures creating negative feedback loops within a racist system. Parts of Chicago for example.
                    Nor any community, but that's not what we're seeing today, huh?

Your statement is void of either honesty or truth, but since I can't read minds maybe you will reply to someone who takes issue with your, um, observation: Toxic black cultures are not exclusive to parts of just 'Chicago.' Just like blacks calling other blacks 'uncle tom' because they study and stay out of trouble, plus make it to work on time, doesn't happen in just Chicago either. And why the reference to racism in these existent cultures? Are you implying blacks can, or cannot, be racist? You were rather vague, so please clarify.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

What we attribute as racism has much more to do with income inequality than racism. If you look at the white people shot by police, you will find them in the very same economic strata as the blacks that get shot. The white people shot do the same resisting, exhibit the same behaviors and get into the same trouble. Instead of looking into the commonalities of those shot by police, we separate them into black and white, then start arguing over how it is or isn't racism.

As for getting shot on a traffic stop, I heard LeBron say that he has to warn his kids how to behave if they encounter police. He went on to say that white dads don't have to do this with their sons. I thought for a moment, then I realized, yes, I had that talk with my dad, I also have had that talk with my boys. The talk came with my learners permit and then again, when I got my license. My dad taught me exactly how to behave when encountered by the police, including not incriminating myself, but most of all, to be polite and cooperative. And yes, my dad told me and I passed it to my boys, this is how you stay out of jail and don't end up shot. The talk had zero to do with race, just staying alive.

Yes, there is racism all around us, its nowhere near what it was 25 years ago. Systematic racism, no. Redining doesn't happen anymore, banks loan money colorblind. Colleges actively recruit minorities, so does big business. There is no way to change the heart of a bigot, but systematic racism has effectively been eliminated.
                      100% right there. If the conversation is police brutality I'm all in. Where's the march gonna' be?

But if the conversation is the Police are targeting 'blacks' only why even lend it an ounce of credibility? Is lebron really representative of what black people tell their children about police? It appears to be so. That is the kind of truth that would probably get you called names, if not more, by many of the useful idiots out there today. I just can't put it any other way.

Comment

This is a Civil Rights Activist who thinks that the African-American communities have often lost their way, and are worse off in some ways than 50 years ago. I think he would say that the Great Society Welfare policies from President Lyndon Baines Johnson (designed to help the communities) hurt the families and communities more than they helped. He once said that the families before the Great Society and Civil Rights were fewer rights guaranteed to them but were stronger and more resilient than broken black families of today who are more poor, have more social problems, drug difficulties, and are often fatherless, drug riddled, and broken. You can learn more from here.

https://woodsoncenter.org/team_membe...-l-woodson-sr/

https://www.thehistorymakers.org/bio...ert-woodson-39

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ustled_and_sca mmed_by_democrats.html

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6165...#sp=show-clips

https://1776unites.com/robert-woodson/
                        Last edited by Shockm; September 4, 2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I believe both are true in certain black communities. I don't think you can treat the black "community" as a monolith. There are certainly black communities with toxic self defeating cultures creating negative feedback loops within a racist system. Parts of Chicago for example.
                          Civil Rights Activist (from 1960's) Robert Woodson believes that Democrats have taken African-Americans for granted and scammed them. He believes in other strategies to pull them up.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/civil-...d-scammed-dems

"The left derives this moral authority as being of legitimate representatives of the poor," he said, pointing to another liberal city facing weeks of violence and unrest -- Portland, Ore.

Woodson said a "metaphor" for Democrats' assumed "moral authority" over minority communities was when a white demonstrator reportedly stepped in front of Black law enforcement during the protests and said "f--- the police."

"That's a metaphor for how whites are exploiting that. But one day -- there is evidence of the sleeping giant, the low-income leaders around the country are recognizing this, as in Washington [D.C.]. An 11-year-old boy was killed on the Fourth of July and the people demonstrated internally and said, no justice, no sleep. They picketed and made noise until the killers were turned in."

He said more.....................................

"Absolutely," Woodson said. "What they are doing is falsely claiming that the failures of the last 60 years -- most urban centers all over the country have been run by liberal Democrats, many of them veterans of the civil rights movement who moved from civil rights, to run these cities -- They also had to spend about $22 trillion on poverty money in the cities and as a consequence, all of these inequities that they have been talking about have been done on their watch."

"Now the white left is coming in and exploiting the disparity and using it to really decimate the country, and the collateral damage are the lives of poor Blacks in these cities because what the left is doing is vilifying the police as agents of white supremacy and the more they are vilified, the less aggressive they are about enforcing laws and the more the murder rate rises."

He further accused Democratic politicians of "systematic abandonment" of low-income African-American communities.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            Your statement is void of either honesty or truth, but since I can't read minds maybe you will reply to someone who takes issue with your, um, observation: Toxic black cultures are not exclusive to parts of just 'Chicago.'
                            Why do you attack BOBB? He states the liberal argument in a non-combative way, and half the time doesn't even fully agree with the argument -- he is merely articulating it for what it is. Your aggressive and sometimes condescending attitude toward him his awkward to me. I'm a conservative to the core, but I consider BOBB to be one of the friendliest and most fun guys on shockernet.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why do you attack BOBB? He states the liberal argument in a non-combative way, and half the time doesn't even fully agree with the argument -- he is merely articulating it for what it is. Your aggressive and sometimes condescending attitude toward him his awkward to me. I'm a conservative to the core, but I consider BOBB to be one of the friendliest and most fun guys on shockernet.
                              Thanks!

I did curse the guy a few days ago. In his defense his replies since then have at least been semirelevant to the topic at hand. I have determined not to engage directly with him any longer.

With the exception of 2, maybe 3, posters I feel the right wing faction are mostly a decent sort. I really believe there are forces pushing everybody deeper into their respective corners.

I've made some comments that these days remind me of Weimar Germany, but maybe that's wrong. Maybe it's more like Northern Ireland's Troubles. Either way, it ain't good. I want no part of a Khmer Rouge Americana or Caudillo del Americano. As I've said before, the people out violently in the streets on both sides can suck a fat one. People behind their keyboards egging them on really aren't thinking through how this ends.

Comment

Why should white upper class politicians and people assume they know what is best for black communities? That is an issue I have. Shouldn't we be asking these specific communities and people what they think and what is important?

Comment

Working...
                                X