Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

Problem is nobody here believes this.
    There are quite a few in here that don't believe a lot of things...

The reality is, Trump won because he was underestimated by everyone AND he got a significant portion of the Blue Dog Democrats in the rust belt states. Additional complacency occurred due to the recent ending of the "Black JFK" era. The Dims were fat and sassy and full of confidence. 'Bum rammed through the precursor to nationalized healthcare and the "have nots" were already firmly attached to the new government teet. They started counting their chickens.

Many Democrats that voted for Trump did so because they believed he was really a NY Dim in disguise. They had no idea he was going to govern as radically Conservative as he has. Those people won't be back. There's another faction (mostly women) who believed him when he said, "I can be very presidential". To say that group is disillusioned at this point would be an understatement. There's also the legion of first time voters who came out because Donald had some celebrity status. They were first time voters for a reason. I suspect their foray into political participation will be short lived. I could go on and on.

Hardcore Liberals will never vote for a Republican and hardcore Conservatives will never vote for a Democrat. That won't change this election cycle. What elects presidents in this day and age is voter enthusiasm and who grabs the lion's share of Independents/Moderates. This group will be most swayed by important issues like the economy or the pandemic. I think it's safe to say that the majority of Americans agree that Donald **** the bed on the pandemic. The sad thing is, most of the damage done was due to his personality. America was always going to lose a lot of lives due to our FU culture and the freedoms we hold dear, but he made several public miscues that easily paint him as not helpful to the cause at best, and contributory to excess deaths at worst. That will be on the television 24/7 from here on out. Election Day will come right as we enter the winter illness season. The Dims have the advantage at this point. Trump will need an early vaccine release (with no safety issues) to even have a chance.

Comment

• What do you think Trump should have done?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        What do you think Trump should have done?
        Create a bipartisan pandemic task force and get the **** out of the way.

Had he done that we would be on a similar recovery track as other first world countries. There would have been tighter and broader shutdowns and mask mandates. It would have been much more intense at the start, but we'd be better off today... just like everyone else. And Trump would appear cleaner than a preacher's sheets.

I saw inside the mind of The Donald when he scheduled the Tulsa rally right as the virus was resurging. It was the first time I was able to get a clear read without the bias of the liberal media. The proof was in the pudding as they say. And it was glaring. I couldn't make excuses any longer. The guy's a wackadoo.

Under normal circumstances, he'd do fine as a Conservative president with respect to the economy, but anything unusual and he's going to blow up... just like he did. He's also not the best person for uniting the country. He's actually the worst for that. There's a way to support the police and placate the nincompoops; appear caring and concerned without criticizing the concept of law and order. Trump trolls, taunts, and threatens. Imagine CB in the White House. That's what we have now. Well... a less intelligent and refined version. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I know the weakness in his constituency is real because I am part of it. I was a massive Trumper up until around May.
          We'll see come November. I personally think you are just the idiotic minority who are being swept away by the MSM and GodFauciGod. The sort of simple minded folk the left will pray on and hope can carry them to victory.

Comment

Create a bipartisan pandemic task force and get the **** out of the way.

Had he done that we would be on a similar recovery track as other first world countries. ....
            In an election year?!?!?!? With a president they hate and think stole their election?!?!?!? Over the last 3+ years telling us this would never happen?!?!? Given how they bickered over every thing he did at the start?!?!?!?

You are too funny.

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...gh-end-of-2020

Trump order prompts CDC to ban coronavirus-related evictions through the end of 2020
              The White House announced Tuesday that it would ban evictions through the end of the year of tenants who are not able to pay rent because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Following an Aug. 8 executive order by President Trump, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a temporary eviction moratorium and will impose penalties on landlords who violate the ban.

According to the CDC emergency order, "a person violating this Order may be subject to a fine of no more than $100,000 if the violation does not result in a death or one year in jail, or both, or a fine of no more than $250,000 if the violation results in a death or one year in jail, or both, or as otherwise provided by law," as the agency seeks to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

"An organization violating this Order may be subject to a fine of no more than $200,000 per event if the violation does not result in a death or $500,000 per event if the violation results in a death or as otherwise provided by law," it added. "The U.S. Department of Justice may initiate court proceedings as appropriate seeking imposition of these criminal penalties."

As POLITICO reported Tuesday, this move marks the Trump administration's most audacious action yet to curb mass evictions in the final months before the November election.
              This coming from a lifetime landlord. Pretty audacious for sure!

Are the landlords protected from foreclosure as well?

This is going to be a massive economic hardship for people when everything is all said and done. The rent will still be owed. Better than being on the street though. But abuse will be rampant.

The economic fallout from this pandemic is going to be beyond imagination.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...gh-end-of-2020

This coming from a lifetime landlord. Pretty audacious for sure!

Are the landlords protected from foreclosure as well?

This is going to be a massive economic hardship for people when everything is all said and done. The rent will still be owed. Better than being on the street though. But abuse will be rampant.

The economic fallout from this pandemic is going to be beyond imagination.
                Then thank God we have a business man running the show instead of a half-ass career politician.

Comment

There are quite a few in here that don't believe a lot of things...

The reality is, Trump won because he was underestimated by everyone AND he got a significant portion of the Blue Dog Democrats in the rust belt states. Additional complacency occurred due to the recent ending of the "Black JFK" era. The Dims were fat and sassy and full of confidence. 'Bum rammed through the precursor to nationalized healthcare and the "have nots" were already firmly attached to the new government teet. They started counting their chickens.

Many Democrats that voted for Trump did so because they believed he was really a NY Dim in disguise. They had no idea he was going to govern as radically Conservative as he has. Those people won't be back. There's another faction (mostly women) who believed him when he said, "I can be very presidential". To say that group is disillusioned at this point would be an understatement. There's also the legion of first time voters who came out because Donald had some celebrity status. They were first time voters for a reason. I suspect their foray into political participation will be short lived. I could go on and on.

Hardcore Liberals will never vote for a Republican and hardcore Conservatives will never vote for a Democrat. That won't change this election cycle. What elects presidents in this day and age is voter enthusiasm and who grabs the lion's share of Independents/Moderates. This group will be most swayed by important issues like the economy or the pandemic. I think it's safe to say that the majority of Americans agree that Donald **** the bed on the pandemic. The sad thing is, most of the damage done was due to his personality. America was always going to lose a lot of lives due to our FU culture and the freedoms we hold dear, but he made several public miscues that easily paint him as not helpful to the cause at best, and contributory to excess deaths at worst. That will be on the television 24/7 from here on out. Election Day will come right as we enter the winter illness season. The Dims have the advantage at this point. Trump will need an early vaccine release (with no safety issues) to even have a chance.
                  I'm going to disagree a bit here.

I don't think you're far off on why Trump won, but I think it was MORE because of the rust belt blue dogs than even you give credit for and I don't think that group, plurally, is going anywhere. He delivered and they, again plurally, are thriving.

Also, don't forget that HRC for all her faults did 2 things Biden is unlikely to do.....get nearly as many votes as Obama (just shy about 60k) and had an incredible ground game advantage that Biden absolutely will NOT have in November, no matter what he does. Trump has boots on the ground everywhere he needs them.

Ohio is likely not in play for the Dems. PA is a wildcard, MI continues to trend more towards the GOP, I don't think the Dems have much of a chance in WI given the mess the Dem Gov has created and whether you want to admit it or not, MN is very much in play as it continues to trend, albeit at a glacial pace, towards the right. AZ is a wildcard. And FL is going to be even harder for the Dems to pick off now. Trump's path is more difficult these days, electorally speaking, but if I'm right, Sleepy Joe is going to have to draw to an inside straight, and maybe an inside straight flush.

Just playing around with the map, North Carolina will be huge. And Trump won that state by almost 180k votes.

And if the vaccine is being administered in October, it's OVER. #WarpSpeed

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Then thank God we have a business man running the show instead of a half-ass career politician.
                    Ironically, this move is actually quite political. I would not call it businessman-friendly. He will have endeared himself a bit to the "needy" while irritating landlords which forms a large part of his base. It is a good move for showing his softer side, but it wasn't has softer side that got him elected. I have no idea how it balances out in the end. I personally think it was a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm going to disagree a bit here.

I don't think you're far off on why Trump won, but I think it was MORE because of the rust belt blue dogs than even you give credit for and I don't think that group, plurally, is going anywhere. He delivered and they, again plurally, are thriving.

Also, don't forget that HRC for all her faults did 2 things Biden is unlikely to do.....get nearly as many votes as Obama (just shy about 60k) and had an incredible ground game advantage that Biden absolutely will NOT have in November, no matter what he does. Trump has boots on the ground everywhere he needs them.

Ohio is likely not in play for the Dems. PA is a wildcard, MI continues to trend more towards the GOP, I don't think the Dems have much of a chance in WI given the mess the Dem Gov has created and whether you want to admit it or not, MN is very much in play as it continues to trend, albeit at a glacial pace, towards the right. AZ is a wildcard. And FL is going to be even harder for the Dems to pick off now. Trump's path is more difficult these days, electorally speaking, but if I'm right, Sleepy Joe is going to have to draw to an inside straight, and maybe an inside straight flush.

Just playing around with the map, North Carolina will be huge. And Trump won that state by almost 180k votes.

And if the vaccine is being administered in October, it's OVER. #WarpSpeed
                      Thanks for the kind reply. :)

Do you think the rust belt states are thriving?

*Lemme Google real quick*

https://www.crainscleveland.com/opin...uld-help-trump

This recession has featured extreme differences in pain levels between companies and industries based on their exposure to the pandemic. States are no different. Those reliant on travel and services are basically in depressions. Those more exposed to manufacturing are relatively better off – which may be good news for President Donald Trump's re-election hopes.

State employment data from July make these trends clear. It's why New York City and Los Angeles have unemployment rates close to 20%. But Rust Belt states that were key to the 2016 election, such as Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin, seem to be suffering something more like a typical recession.

With the national unemployment rate at 10.2%, things aren't going particularly well for any state or region. But Midwestern states are relatively less exposed to the industries that have gotten hurt the worst.

Unemployment in Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin is on average 2 percentage points lower than the national unemployment rate. We've never seen anything like this before in 45 years of state employment data, particularly during recessions.
                      It appears while they are not "thriving", they are hurting less than the national average. Good news for Trump!

I still can't explain the housing market in all of this. I understand that ultra-low mortgage rates are an incentive but... they are only marginally lower. And with national unemployment at these levels? And what average American feels like moving to a new home in the middle of a pandemic?

Perhaps some of this movement is due to people fleeing the major urban areas. I know NYC is having major urban flight right now.

Also, the massive shift to working from home is going to be somewhat permanent freeing those who had to work in a major city to live somewhere cheaper. It should also be a boon to airlines as they will need to fly back occasionally. It's actually a bit of an exciting time right now with respect to families. More stay-at-home dads and moms can only mean good things for the children.

Comment

• https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ool-reopenings

'Get off Twitter': Biden berates Trump over coronavirus, school reopenings
                        “Let me be clear, if President Trump and his administration had done their jobs early on with this crisis, American schools would be open, and they’d be open safely. Instead, American families all across this country are paying the price for his failures, his administration’s failures.”
                        I agree with this. There shouldn't have been a restaurant, bar, church, etc. serving guests indoors for 2-3 months from March-May. I'm talking a national mandate. Just as if we were in war. This is how the successful countries/cities handled things. They were serious as a heart attack. Trump meanwhile said we'll be open for Easter Sunday. *sigh*

“Get off Twitter and start talking to the congressional leaders of both parties. Invite them to the Oval Office,” he said to Trump. “You always talk about your ability to negotiate. Negotiate a deal, a deal for somebody other than yourself.”
                        Political talk, but sharp. Far from Sleepy.

Biden tore into the administration over the Tuesday announcement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) that it will end federal funding for cloth face masks in schools around the country, saying the White House was “starving schools of the needed funding, funding they need now.”

“If I were president of the day, I’d direct FEMA to make sure that our kids K-12 get full access to disaster relief and emergency assistance under the Stafford Act,” he said. “I’d make sure that [Personal Protection Equipment] and sanitation supplies for schools qualify as emergency protective measures…to fully be eligible for federal assistance.”

The former vice president has highlighted the issue of school reopenings for months, leveraging on his ties to teachers’ unions and his wife’s career as an educator, and bashing Trump’s rhetoric on the issue and threat to withhold funds to schools that do not reopen.
                        Trump is not going to beat Biden on Corona. He has to pray Corona ends by the election.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...uinnipiac-poll

Biden opens up 10-point lead over Trump in new Quinnipiac Poll
                        Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has opened up a 10-point lead over President Trump in the latest Quinnipiac University poll released on Wednesday.

The poll, conducted in the days after the Republican National Convention, shows Biden garnering 52 percent of the vote to Trump’s 42 percent. Another 2 percent said they plan to vote for someone else in the presidential election, while 3 percent are undecided or declined to say who they will vote for.

The poll, Quinnipiac’s first of the 2020 presidential race surveying likely voters, suggests that Biden is heading into the critical fall campaign season with a sizable advantage over the president, who in recent weeks has homed in on a law-and-order argument for his reelection amid ongoing protests and civil unrest over racial injustice and police brutality.

But the Quinnipiac poll suggests that that argument may be falling flat with voters. Fifty percent of likely voters surveyed said they feel less safe with Trump in the White House, compared to 35 percent who said they feel safer under his leadership.

By comparison, 42 percent of respondents said that having Biden as president would make them feel safer, while 40 percent said they would feel less safe.

At the same time, approval of Trump’s handling of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic is still underwater. Forty-one percent of respondents said they approve of how he’s handled the outbreak, while a majority of likely voters — 57 percent — disapprove.

Overall, nearly 6 in 10 likely voters — 58 percent — believe the country is worse off now than it was in 2016, according to the Quinnipiac poll. Thirty-eight percent said they believe the country is better off now than it was four years ago.

Comment

• Wait are you saying that if everything shut down for 3 months and everybody wore a mask that the virus would’ve magically disappeared and everyone would’ve been safe to go out as normal right now?

You serious right now?

Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There shouldn't have been a restaurant, bar, church, etc. serving guests indoors for 2-3 months from March-May. I'm talking a national mandate. Just as if we were in war. This is how the successful countries/cities handled things. They were serious as a heart attack.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Wait are you saying that if everything shut down for 3 months and everybody wore a mask that the virus would’ve magically disappeared and everyone would’ve been safe to go out as normal right now?

You serious right now?
                              Serious as a heart attack. It wouldn't have magically disappeared, but we would have reported infections in the thousands weekly instead of hundreds of thousands like right now. Of course we needed FAR better contact tracing and testing as well. That also should have been nationalized/militarized. Just look at all the other successful countries. It's all there to see.

With a vastly lower infection rate, we could have contained/traced the spread better. We might even have major sports in the Fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Potentially millions dead with that route. Even Trump will agree there (of course he has to agree at this point). Find me one legit infectious disease scientist that says we'd have done better in America had we just opened 'er all up. Find me just one...

Comment

Working...
                                X