No announcement yet.

Any Trump fans getting tired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should just train the police to shoot felons in their pinky toe.

Comment

• What about weighted nets?
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Maybe we could train felons to PUT THE KNIFE DOWN

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Maybe we could train felons to PUT THE KNIFE DOWN
          I guess your right. They’ll just cut their way out of a net.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            I don't know if this is correct, but I don't believe cops are taught to shoot to hurt. They are trained to aim center mass, and to neutralize the threat. The taser is the non-lethal force. The next step is called lethal, because, well....
            Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            We should just train the police to shoot felons in their pinky toe.
            Originally posted by wufan View Post
            What about weighted nets?
            Serious question: I know that if a cop is threatened with bodily harm or fears for his life, they are taught to aim center mass. What I'm not sure of is if that is not the case, for example, ignoring commands, arguing, running away, and so forth. In this case, it appears to keep him from entering the store.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If I was a cop (or 4 of them from that distance), damn good. Heck, I don't care if all four shot him in the legs. I guess we will find out just how good of grouping they got.
              When law enforcement is trained, they are not trained to hesitate and think about whether to shoot to kill or jus wound. They are trained to never hesitate and second guess their decision and if they are going to pull the trigger, they are supposed to put down their target.

I havent been trained in law enforcement, but common sense tells me that military and police are trained to Take Out the Threat. This isn’t a time to ***** foot around. If anyone has knowledge of this type of training, please educate us.

i know as a coach, athletes are taught to not “think”but to react on their instincts after the training they received.

Comment

Serious question: I know that if a cop is threatened with bodily harm or fears for his life, they are taught to aim center mass. What I'm not sure of is if that is not the case, for example, ignoring commands, arguing, running away, and so forth. In this case, it appears to keep him from entering the store.
                When other innocent bystanders are threatened for potential endangerment of life, they have the exact same set of instructions.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

In the following circumstances her is what a cop is lawfully allowed to do:

Arguing - nothing
                  Running away - non-lethal force
                  Resisting arrest - non-lethal force
                  Threatening anyone - use lethal force
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

When other innocent bystanders are threatened for potential endangerment of life, they have the exact same set of instructions.
                    I would agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

In the following circumstances her is what a cop is lawfully allowed to do:

Arguing - nothing
                      Running away - non-lethal force
                      Resisting arrest - non-lethal force
                      Threatening anyone - use lethal force
                      I have no idea what all lead up to this prior to the video. Without that information, is carrying a knife in your hand any different than if the state has an open carry law and he had a long gun strapped to his front, with safety on, finger of the trigger, only arguing and resisting arrest without threatening an officer and walking up to the storefront door? Again, I have no idea what happened before this or his state of mind (besides being a bit crazy). However, with the number of police around, this must have been going on for at least a short while and he must not have threatened an officer during that time or he would have been put down based on what I'm reading by some of the posters.

Comment

I have no idea what all lead up to this prior to the video. Without that information, is carrying a knife in your hand any different than if the state has an open carry law and he had a long gun strapped to his front, with safety on, finger of the trigger, only arguing and resisting arrest without threatening an officer and walking up to the storefront door? Again, I have no idea what happened before this or his state of mind (besides being a bit crazy). However, with the number of police around, this must have been going on for at least a short while and he must not have threatened an officer during that time or he would have been put down based on what I'm reading by some of the posters.
                        A knife in hand alone is usually not a justification for lethal force. Context would push that one way or another. The police were called to a disturbance 1/2 mile from where he got shot, so they were trying to get him to stop doing whatever he was doing for at least several minutes.

The video doesn’t show anything that proves he was a danger, so the possibilities are:

1. Cops just like to shoot people
                        2. One or more cops incorrectly discharged their weapon 10+ times.
                        3. He was making vocal threats of harm AND had a weapon with which to fulfill those threats.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

FIFY

3. He was making vocal threats of harm AND had a weapon with which to unlikely fulfill those threats.
                          There is a 4th and that's the one I have mentioned before. I'm pretty sure they would have told him NOT to open that door or try to go into the store or they would have to stop him. That last part I'm hoping was picked up by a mic.

Comment

There is a 4th and that's the one I have mentioned before. I'm pretty sure they would have told him NOT to open that door or try to go into the store or they would have to stop him. That last part I'm hoping was picked up by a mic.
                            What do you mean by stating it was unlikely?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

What do you mean by stating it was unlikely?
                              Never-bring-a-knife-to-a-gunfight.jpg

Comment

The original script had him disarming the swordsman with his whip. Turns out even fascist fighting Indiana Jones was actually a fascist who chose lethal force over less than lethal.

BTW, 5x more people are killed with knives in the US every year than by assault rifles.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X