X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not dropping the knife was a bad decision

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

In the case in Lafayette, the use of tasers was ineffective as it likely didn’t pierce the skin at two points. That is unfortunate.
      Or the dude was just whacked out of his mind on something and a taser wasn't going to stop him.

Comment

• Well, they used a taser on this guy and he didn't stay down. The problem is tasers don't always work, and if the "perp" is on certain drugs, the taser is even less effective.

I don't believe anyone is against more effective and widely distributed less lethal and non lethal methods of "perp" control.

I did a quick search on this "victim". He was involved in an eerily similar event last year. He had a weapon. He threatened people. That event ended with him being taken down by a K9.

https://racinecountyeye.com/police-k...ed-gun-at-bar/

He was also charged with a variety of felonies (don't know if he's still awaiting trial on those or not). In Kenosha, I suspect it's highly likely the officers have either been there before or know of this guy and his history. This was most definitely NOT a first time visit with a man "breaking up a fight" and being shot while being black.

Officers were called to the area for a domestic problem. I don't want anyone to die, but the LAST person I want dying are the people called to help with someone else's problem (cops).

Too many people seem to want to ignore the fact there are bad people out there that don't want to follow rules. THAT is the problem. I'm all ears on how to fix it.

Here's an example of what can happen when police don't use lethal force (and another example of a taser not working as well as you would want):

https://www.foxnews.com/us/harrowing...r-traffic-stop

"

Comment

In the case in Lafayette, the use of tasers was ineffective as it likely didn’t pierce the skin at two points. That is unfortunate.
          There are a lot of solutions with taser technology that aren't being utilized. There are also new technologies that could be developed. If police would go to a "no firearm unless engaging shooter at a distance policy" advancements would occur rapidly. Traditional tasers on extendable rods could be an alternative. They were using long-range tasters (projectiles) and occasionally they will not penetrate the clothing. There are many solutions to this dilemma. Handheld tasers do not suffer the contact issues of taser guns. Electrocuting the CNS is extremely effective compared to bullets with regards to "stopping a threat".

As it stands, a taser is just a backup to the pistol. It needs to be the other way around IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Well, they used a taser on this guy and he didn't stay down. The problem is tasers don't always work, and if the "perp" is on certain drugs, the taser is even less effective."
            Incorrect. A proper tasing will render a person helpless within seconds. Positive contact with a taser will incapacitate a perp light years faster than a bullet (unless it hits the CNS).

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            He was also charged with a variety of felonies (don't know if he's still awaiting trial on those or not). In Kenosha, I suspect it's highly likely the officers have either been there before or know of this guy and his history. This was most definitely NOT a first time visit with a man "breaking up a fight" and being shot while being black.
            "
            That's fine if they know his history. But they are not judge, jury, and executioner. Police officers deserve to go home to their families at night just like the rest of us, but I do believe they abuse the choice of lethal force often. They need better taser weaponry and better training on how to use it. There's a possibility that they need to be authorized for higher voltages. I have heard that civilian tasers are more powerful than LEO, but don't quote me on that. The one I tried (that I bought off Ebay) was absolutely no joke. I briefly touched my finger tip and it felt like I got hit with a hammer. I was clammy and anxious for 30 mins afterwards. If you hold that level of taser on someone for 15 seconds they will be on the ground incapacitated for 10+ minutes. Plenty of time to handcuff them (or run away).

Shooting someone is messy and barbaric and NEVER looks good on camera. Civilians will never understand the pressure LEO's are under when attempting to engage a psycho. They need an effective solution for gaining compliance out of a suspect so they can be processed in the courts. I believe electrocution is the best solution we have by far. More people will survive, and cops won't be feared as killers any longer. Hell, I think we'd be able to take guns away from the average beat cop with enough taser/mace/baton training.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Or the dude was just whacked out of his mind on something and a taser wasn't going to stop him.
              Incorrect. Tasers disrupt communication in the CNS. They cannot be "ignored". The only time a taser fails is user error or clothing. Clothing isn't an issue with handheld devices. But we don't want to ask LEO's to get up close and personal with a knife-wielding loon. They need some sort of handheld+extension. You get 3 cops circling a fool with that setup and homeboy's gonna **** his pants. Good news is he'll live to see his day in court and perhaps make a life change.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Incorrect. Tasers disrupt communication in the CNS. They cannot be "ignored". The only time a taser fails is user error or clothing. Clothing isn't an issue with handheld devices. But we don't want to ask LEO's to get up close and personal with a knife-wielding loon. They need some sort of handheld+extension. You get 3 cops circling a fool with that setup and homeboy's gonna **** his pants. Good news is he'll live to see his day in court and perhaps make a life change.
                At least two studies disagree:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...35109706014513

Use of a conducted-energy device (CED), or Taser, by law enforcement officers (LEOs) is recommended over more lethal forms of force. LEOs interact with a wide variety of people including individuals with mental illness and those with substance use disorders. The literature is devoid of data regarding the effect of CEDs on this special population. We used data collected by LEOs from 2008 to 2009. There were 233 cases over the two-year period. Of the 233 individuals on whom the Taser was used, 38 had a mental illness and 91 were under the influence of substances (not mutually exclusive). The average number of shocks necessary to achieve compliance was 1.92 for persons with a mental illness ( t (231) = 2.565; p = .011, versus nonintoxicated control subjects without mental illness and 2.55 for persons under the influence of stimulants ( t (143) = 3.027; p = .003, versus nonintoxicated control subjects without mental illness). The results of this study serve to inform LEOs and administrators of the patterns of use of CEDs in communities.

A person on drugs who is either hallucinating or having dulled sensory perceptions can absolutely "ignore" a tase or withstand it for a longer period of time, rendering it ineffective in a critical situation where time is of the essence.
                Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; August 24, 2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

The guy in Lafayette was tackled, but got away and was headed for his car.

The Philando Castile video was pretty close to following commands and got shot. Black man shot by a Hispanic cop.

About 4 years ago some cops shot a drunk guy in a hotel that was pleading for his life. His pants were falling down and he was trying to pull them up and they shot him. White victim, white cop.

There was the swatting incident in Wichita where the guy came out on his porch and they shot him. Don’t know which of the two dozen cops shot the white guy.
                  White guys get shot accidentally by police. Black guys get shot intentionally because they’re black. The black guys never do anything wrong and should be granted lifetime immunity from, well, anything.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Kinda reminds me of something that happened in Minnesota a few months ago.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The problem with the BLM movement (and I think someone already alluded to this) is they feel the perp has a right to make the first move (take the first shot) and police should only be reactionary. That’s a complete irrational line of thinking and I would only ask that movement to put themselves in the reversed situation and see how they handled it.

As with the Wisconsin incident, how do we know the suspect wasn’t going to his car to retrieve his weapon? I just find it impossible for a police officer to shoot a guy for just going to sit in his car and have a smoke or because he’s just black. And once again, the hip thing to do is react on Twitter without any evidence presented for their actions, jump to conclusions, and then riot and destroy neighborhoods because of a few guys’ potentially dumb actions.

This society is essentially hot garbage just waiting for an excuse to cause chaos and “do whatever the **** we want”.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Use of a conducted-energy device (CED), or Taser, by law enforcement officers (LEOs) is recommended over more lethal forms of force. LEOs interact with a wide variety of people including individuals with mental illness and those with substance use disorders. The literature is devoid of data regarding the effect of CEDs on this special population. We used data collected by LEOs from 2008 to 2009. There were 233 cases over the two-year period. Of the 233 individuals on whom the Taser was used, 38 had a mental illness and 91 were under the influence of substances (not mutually exclusive). The average number of shocks necessary to achieve compliance was 1.92 for persons with a mental illness ( t (231) = 2.565; p = .011, versus nonintoxicated control subjects without mental illness and 2.55 for persons under the influence of stimulants ( t (143) = 3.027; p = .003, versus nonintoxicated control subjects without mental illness). The results of this study serve to inform LEOs and administrators of the patterns of use of CEDs in communities.

A person on drugs who is either hallucinating or having dulled sensory perceptions can absolutely "ignore" a tase or withstand it for a longer period of time, rendering it ineffective in a critical situation where time is of the essence.
                        You can't "ignore" physics. If the taser makes positive contact with a conductive part of your body, intramuscular disruption will occur (you will start to seize). Now there are taser gun "failures" all the time. If the little prong doesn't penetrate the bad guy's puffy Raider's jacket, the only thing he will be left with is a puzzled expression. This doesn't happen with handhelds. I can jam that thing against dude's arm with or without his jacket and he will be positively shitting himself for the next 15 mins.

Now drugs can absolutely affect the response of a suspect after being shot. In the vast majority of cases, a perp has to "choose" to exit the fight after being shot. They are in no way incapacitated. Add in PCP or something similar and you may have just pissed them off further. This supports the firing squad theory when a group of officers all let loose of their sidearm at (many times) an unarmed dude. It's very bad optics. And as I said before, quite barbaric. Electricity is a very capable method for subduing anybody. We just need better technology, delivery methods, and training.

Revisiting my earlier comment about voltage regulations... I found the taser I bought many years ago.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-...ck%20clothing.

What is the most powerful Taser in the world?
                        The Vipertek VTS-989 is one of the most widely recommended stun guns on the market. It's incredibly powerful with a voltage of 300 million, making it the strongest stun gun on this list. The electrodes are sharp spikes designed to penetrate through thick clothing.
                        Looks like it's still the best! Of course CB did his homework and equipped his woman with the best. ;)

There will be no "ignoring" this mother****er.

Comment

• If you look at nearly every situation where there's public outcry, it's when a man (black) gets shot unarmed. It truly is a less than noble action when looked at historically. In the Wild West you DID NOT shoot an unarmed man. Somebody gave the dude a gun if he didn't have one. I have no problem with a law that states if there are multiple officers present, and the perp doesn't have a gun/knife, it is illegal to shoot him unless he has you on your back and your life truly is in danger. We should not see "firing squad" displays on Youtube. It's barbaric. Just electrocute the mother****er until he fills his pants. Then carry him to jail until he has his day in court. Justice served.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            If you look at nearly every situation where there's public outcry, it's when a man (black) gets shot unarmed. It truly is a less than noble action when looked at historically. In the Wild West you DID NOT shoot an unarmed man. Somebody gave the dude a gun if he didn't have one. I have no problem with a law that states if there are multiple officers present, and the perp doesn't have a gun/knife, it is illegal to shoot him unless he has you on your back and your life truly is in danger. We should not see "firing squad" displays on Youtube. It's barbaric. Just electrocute the mother****er until he fills his pants. Then carry him to jail until he has his day in court. Justice served.
                            And under your rules, when the taser fails, let the guy walk into a convenience store, take a bunch of hostages at knife point and roll the good ol dice. Clearly a better option.

How about instead you do what the eff you’re told by law enforcement? If that happens, nobody dies. Period. And better yet, don’t break the law in the first place and you won’t even have to sniff the bacon.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Btw, did you even read those studies? lol!

Effects of Cocaine Intoxication on the Threshold for Stun Gun Induction of Ventricular Fibrillation
                              That was the first one. And yes, some folks are going to go into cardic arrest when tased extensively. Tough titties. A lot better mortality rate than bleeding to death after firing squad (that was a joke).

The second article was discussing mental disability and drug consumption when tased. Alcohol had no effect on number of times needing tased while mental disability did. Stimulants also resulted in more shocks. That doesn't mean the device failed. You can shock them as long as you want. That being said, I think increased voltages should be discussed. If you don't comply with officers, you should absolutely be looking at facing pain in your near future. Not necessarily death though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And under your rules, when the taser fails, let the guy walk into a convenience store, take a bunch of hostages at knife point and roll the good ol dice. Clearly a better option.

How about instead you do what the eff you’re told by law enforcement? If that happens, nobody dies. Period. And better yet, don’t break the law in the first place and you won’t even have to sniff the bacon.
                                With that many LEO's, all their taser's aren't going to "fail". All you need is one set of prongs to make contact. If that doesn't work get your baton out and beat the living **** out of him. That's how the Brits do it. An army of LEO's shooting a black dude pulling open a door is just bad optics is all I'm saying. And sometimes bad optics leads to a national revolution. Nobody likes watching a dude get gunned down. Shock or beat the **** out of him and it won't even make the 6 o'clock news.

P.S. Had George Floyd been tased he'd have likely gone into cardiac arrest considering his physical condition and fentanyl toxicity at the time.

P.P.S. Comply don't die.

Comment

Working...
                                X