Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

That is SOP for almost all DA's in every case. It's a way to leverage plea charges and a wsy to inflate convictions. A DUI isn't just a DUI, it's illegal lane change, speeding, tinted windows, noise ordinance, following too closely, speeding, reckless endangerment and mask ordinance violation. And that is if they nab you before you turn on the ignition.
    Yeah, it's a nasty form of lying and should be illegal as hell.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• University With a Quarter-Million Alumni Makes Announcement, Takes Wokeness to a Whole New Level

Southern Illinois University — founded in 1869 and boasting over 250,000 graduates — recently made an enormous announcement.

As it turns out, the entire school is “antiracist.”

On October 20th, officials shared a virtual “Conversation of Understanding.”

During the discussion, leaders revealed how the components of Ibram X. Kendi’s preferred ideology apply to SIU.

As noted by Campus Reform, one conference participant holds a title of which you may not have previously heard.

Sheila Caldwell is the institution’s Chief Diversity Officer and Vice President for Antiracism, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.

“Antiracism,” critically, isn’t simply the absence of racism.

Rather, it’s a point of view which considers white people as distinctly different than all others.

Might an entire state-funded college — a government entity tasked with inculcating facts, teaching students how to think, and preparing young adults for prosperous careers — adopt a highly debatable belief system which views Americans according to race?

It seems so.

We’re living in strange times: While talk of — and separation by — race exceeds by orders of magnitude that of 20 years ago, we’re also being told racism’s being reduced.

Simultaneously, institutions claiming to have pinpointed racism refuse to expose those discoveries and simply remove the mechanisms.

So goes the evolution of discrimination.

Comment

• BLM Leader Threatens New York With 'Riots' and 'Bloodshed' if His Demands Aren't Met

New York’s new Mayor-elect, Eric Adams, certainly has his work cut out for him. The former police officer is inheriting a city in decline that’s seeing its worst violent crime spike in decades (though, there has been some slight decrease in the past several months).

That issue played prominently in the campaign, and Adams apparently has a plan: He wants to reinstate plain-clothed anti-crime police units. They were disbanded under current Mayor Bill de Blasio during the Black Lives Matter riots of 2020.

In response to Adams’ pronouncement, BLM leader Hawk Newsome levied a threat to the city he claims to want to help. That happened during a sit-down in Brooklyn. This via The New York Post.

"If they think they are going back to the old ways of policing then we’re going to take to the streets again,” New York BLM co-founder Hawk Newsome said outside Borough Hall after the meeting.

“There will be riots. There will be fire, and there will be bloodshed,” he threatened.

Comment

• Any idea when the verdict will come in on the Rittenhouse trial?

Comment

• Less than an hour in and the jury asked for copies of the instructions that define self defense. Not sure this is sign for any side, except that the jurors are doing exactly what they are supposed to, deliberating.

In the court of common sense, I think Kyle is guilty of something, although I'm not sure what that something is, but with great power comes great responsibility. He's definitely not guilty of 1st degree murder.

I don't know, except that I'm glad I'm not on that jury. Those folks have quite a burden, and they are already hearing the chants. There are plenty of people out there who want justice that has nothing to do with what's in front of them.

I pray for the area, regardless of the outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Any idea when the verdict will come in on the Rittenhouse trial?
              Having served on more than one jury, I can tell you that you never know. You just never know what's going to happen once those doors are closed, and who is going to take charge and what everyone's motivation will be. The possible outcomes are borderline limitless.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Less than an hour in and the jury asked for copies of the instructions that define self defense. Not sure this is sign for any side, except that the jurors are doing exactly what they are supposed to, deliberating.

In the court of common sense, I think Kyle is guilty of something, although I'm not sure what that something is. He's definitely not guilty of 1st degree murder.

I pray for the area, regardless of the outcome.
                Guilty of stupidity. It was “Stupid” for him to be out that night. But every night, there are hundreds of kids out looking for excitement after 1:00 AM (some after 3 AM), some breaking laws and others not breaking laws. They most likely shouldn’t be out, but that doesn’t mean they all are breaking laws.

Comment

• Stupidity is not against the law. I do not know what all of the charges are, but there is no reasonable way that they should find him guilty of murder as all of the evidence shows he did everything he could to avoid confrontation and only shot those who had attacked him, or were an immediate threat to do so.

Luckily, those he killed were not innocent and shall spend the rest of eternity burning in hell.
                  The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Guilty of stupidity. It was “Stupid” for him to be out that night. But every night, there are hundreds of kids out looking for excitement after 1:00 AM (some after 3 AM), some breaking laws and others not breaking laws. They most likely shouldn’t be out, but that doesn’t mean they all are breaking laws.
                    As Americans, and as humans, we have the right to make poor decisions.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
                      Stupidity is not against the law. I do not know what all of the charges are, but there is no reasonable way that they should find him guilty of murder as all of the evidence shows he did everything he could to avoid confrontation and only shot those who had attacked him, or were an immediate threat to do so.

Luckily, those he killed were not innocent and shall spend the rest of eternity burning in hell.
                      Or at least their bicep will. Regardless of the findings, Kyle had some crazy skills with a rifle that night that I doubt few members of shockernet possess.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

As Americans, and as humans, we have the right to make poor decisions.
                        Not my kids. At least not without my getting a piece of their ass. I never said he broke any laws.

Comment

• I'm going out on a limb and calling a hung jury. There should have been a verdict by now. The longer this takes, the more I see politics dividing the jury.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Oof.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              I'm going out on a limb and calling a hung jury. There should have been a verdict by now. The longer this takes, the more I see politics dividing the jury.
                              I don't disagree with that assessment. This should not have taken much time at all. The judge still has the option of declaring a mistrial with prejudice although I kind of doubt he will do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X