Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ari Fleischer @AriFleischer

For the record, Jacob Blake was not killed. For the record, Jacob Blake WAS armed. For the record, the people Rittenhouse shot in self-defense were white.

Comment

• Kyle Rittenhouse is guilty of being a stupid 17 year old kid who put himself in a bad situation. He is not a murderer. Plain and simple.

Comment

• That thin line between stupidity and bravery.

His story being proven accurate at every instance. The medkit. Those things tell me he was there to help others and put out fires, just like he said he was.

Bravery.

I reject the idea that putting your ass on the line to help others is for law enforcement only.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Someone stated, and I agree, that KR believed that because he was there and because he had a rifle, he would be allowed to help people who were in harms way.

This was naive, but it was idealistic. There is no crime in this.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            That thin line between stupidity and bravery.
            I reject the idea that putting your ass on the line to help others is for law enforcement only.
            The problem was that the numbers of law enforcement ordered by the Gov. that were needed during this night, were not close to being enough to protect the city. They were trying to protect each other, and live through the night. A 17 year old who from what I saw on the stand, was untrained, and knew only the basics about his weapon, shouldn’t have been out there. Only trained National Guardsmen and trained police should have been. No one had KRs back. He was out there on his own with no backup.
            Last edited by Shockm; November 19, 2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The problem was that the numbers of law enforcement ordered by the Gov. that were needed during this night, were not close to being enough to protect the city. They were trying to protect each other, and live through the night. A 17 year old who from what I saw on the stand, was untrained, and knew only the basics about his weapon, shouldn’t have been out there. Only trained National Guardsmen and trained police should have been.
              Two problems I have with this take:

1. There were plenty of law enforcement (through the national guard) were told to stand down and hold a perimeter. They had a tank for Christ sake.

2. Kyle Rittenhouse did a better job than most navy SEALS at only executing enemies. If he wasn’t well trained, he was as good as well trained in executing his attackers.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• He was rightly defending himself, even to the blind (just not the stupid).

As far as being a 'lone' gunman, wasn't he there with several other concerned citizens who were armed, but got left behind attempting to put out a fire? No?

Here's one pic, but I've seen others that had a group of 4 or 5 armed men, of which he was one, trying to protect property that night:

Group Photo.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  He was rightly defending himself, even to the blind (just not the stupid).

As far as being a 'lone' gunman, wasn't he there with several other concerned citizens who were armed, but got left behind attempting to put out a fire? No?

Here's one pic, but I've seen others that had a group of 4 or 5 armed men, of which he was one, trying to protect property that night:

Group Photo.jpg
                  Note the trigger discipline.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Two problems I have with this take:

1. There were plenty of law enforcement (through the national guard) were told to stand down and hold a perimeter. They had a tank for Christ sake.

2. Kyle Rittenhouse did a better job than most navy SEALS at only executing enemies. If he wasn’t well trained, he was as good as well trained in executing his attackers.
                    -He had to run at least a block, probably more to get to law enforcement.
                    -Trained law enforcement would never get separated from the pack. That’s one of the reasons he had to run so far to get to law enforcement. They were keeping themselves as safe as possible.
                    - He did prove it wasn’t the first weapon he has shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

-He had to run at least a block, probably more to get to law enforcement.
                      -Trained law enforcement would never get separated from the pack. That’s one of the reasons he had to run so far to get to law enforcement. They were keeping themselves as safe as possible.
                      - He did prove it wasn’t the first weapon he has shot.
                      He had to run over a block to law enforcement because they were ordered to stand down. They moved in after the shooting. Your original premise that they were understaffed on this night is not true. The leadership was cowardly at best and complicit at worst.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• If there was not video evidence of the Rittenhouse deal, that kid would be in prison right now.

Comment

• I haven’t been following this like some of you, but the reaction by the media has been sort of subdued outside of your normal Twitter trolls.

Comment

• Did anything happen overnight? Rioting-wise?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              If there was not video evidence of the Rittenhouse deal, that kid would be in prison right now.
                              Heckuva point. He was guilty before being proven innocent.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Did anything happen overnight? Rioting-wise?
                                I don’t believe so.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X