Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rev Al To Minneapolis (what could go wrong?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh....
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Uh....
      Un huh. Social justice.

Comment

• Want to turn your metro area into a war zone? That'll do it. We won't be able to distinguish Minneapolis from Mogadishu.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Want to turn your metro area into a war zone? That'll do it. We won't be able to distinguish Minneapolis from Mogadishu.
          It's already little Mogadishu.

Sharia law will be the new standard. "... snitches get stitches" ain't changing anytime soon. As in, never...

Comment

• Well, that's one way to eliminate police brutality.

Hmmm, these next few months are going to be very, very interesting. I wonder what the opinions are of average Minnesotans not in the twin cities.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Want to turn your metro area into a war zone? That'll do it. We won't be able to distinguish Minneapolis from Mogadishu.
              If you think militarizing a private police force in the United States will stop at Minneapolis, I got news for you. If the Mayor of Minneapolis and the Governor of Minnesota allow this to happen -- some other governors will follow suit, and this country is in BIG, BIG trouble. I mean trouble like our country has never seen before, and that includes Civil War I.

I have a 12 year old kid. I'm begging you, no matter what your political background: You MUST reject this notion of replacing a voter driven police force with a private police force. My God it's so obvious what is happening and what will happen if this is allowed -- please for the sake of your families speak out against this idea and squash it in it's infancy.

This is serious people.

I pray it's not too late.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Totally.

If they can't turn on their body cams as evidence in "fast moving situations" they should be suspended for a certain amount of days, without pay. That would be a good first step. Next would be to ban all choke holds.
                "Wait! Stop shooting at me! I must turn on my body cam!"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

"Wait! Stop shooting at me! I must turn on my body cam!"
                  Well thought out. What about suspects that die by asphyxiation? How about suspension without pay?

You know, it's funny most of the legislators speaking up the most vociferously that "black lives matter" were the very same people who endorsed the Violent Crime Control And Law Enforcement Act of 1994 that was written by joe biden and signed into law by Slick Willy, leading to prison overcrowding. It's a good thing our current President came along and fully endorsed and pushed for the First Step Act. The Second Act is still under construction as we speak. You don't hear much about that Today, though unsurprisingly. Speak truth to power indeed.

Biden has a lot of useful idiots bamboozled.

Comment

Uh....

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If you think militarizing a private police force in the United States will stop at Minneapolis, I got news for you. If the Mayor of Minneapolis and the Governor of Minnesota allow this to happen -- some other governors will follow suit, and this country is in BIG, BIG trouble. I mean trouble like our country has never seen before, and that includes Civil War I.

I have a 12 year old kid. I'm begging you, no matter what your political background: You MUST reject this notion of replacing a voter driven police force with a private police force. My God it's so obvious what is happening and what will happen if this is allowed -- please for the sake of your families speak out against this idea and squash it in it's infancy.

This is serious people.

I pray it's not too late.
                        The Minneapolis mayor is a 38 year old that looks like a 25 year old. If you haven’t seen the video where the mob, his base, asks him if he will abolish the police, you have to see it!

I don’t care for his politics, but he said NO! They booed him and told him to go home, and he walked 50 yards through the crowd of protestors as they shouted, “go home Jacob!”

That was his team! They turned on him and he knew they would. It takes courage to take a whipping like that. We will see if he comes back to kneel before them.

Doesn’t matter, the 11 progressive Dema and 1 Green Party member of the Minneapolis city council have the necessary super-majority to over-ride him no matter what he says.

Livin the dream

Comment

• Sounds reasonable

The bill, led by Rep. Karen Bass (D-Los Angeles) and Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), makes it easier to sue police officers.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            Key take away from that article:

Not included in the bill is any nod toward the idea of “defunding the police” or reallocating police budgets toward other social services such as housing and mental health or substance abuse treatment, which some activists began calling for over the weekend. Decisions about department funding levels are left at the state and local levels.
                            The ideas being offered up in that article by "Congressional Black Caucus Chairwoman Karen Bass (D-Los Angeles) and Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.)" are mostly reasonable and not radical.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The Minneapolis mayor is a 38 year old that looks like a 25 year old. If you haven’t seen the video where the mob, his base, asks him if he will abolish the police, you have to see it!

I don’t care for his politics, but he said NO! They booed him and told him to go home, and he walked 50 yards through the crowd of protestors as they shouted, “go home Jacob!”

That was his team! They turned on him and he knew they would. It takes courage to take a whipping like that. We will see if he comes back to kneel before them.

Doesn’t matter, the 11 progressive Dema and 1 Green Party member of the Minneapolis city council have the necessary super-majority to over-ride him no matter what he says.

https://youtu.be/Suz_HC0XG00
                              If I'm that mayor, the moment the council overrules his veto, I would resign and move out of MN. I want to see that foul-mouthed woman with the mic and the rest of those idiots deal with the consequences of "we don't want no cops with guns on the streets".

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

If I'm that mayor, the moment the council overrules his veto, I would resign and move out of MN. I want to see that foul-mouthed woman with the mic and the rest of those idiots deal with the consequences of "we don't want no cops with guns on the streets".
                                No. Fight. The stakes are too high to prove a point. Once you've had your "see I told you so moment", it's too late.

If you love the black community, for the love of God, do not let a weaponized private militia be created in their neighborhoods.

Comment

Working...
                                X